Well, OK, Tiffany had a pretty fair half BUT | The Boneyard

Well, OK, Tiffany had a pretty fair half BUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She can play basketball or she can sell popcorn. You can't have it both ways. Sheesh.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
OK, but she failed to either score or get a rebound for the last ten minutes of the game!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I think she was simply terrific! I guess that 30 points and the double-double will suppress doubts about her basketball IQ, so her persistent critics will have to look elsewhere.

I wish this were like football, so Tiffany and Heather could each get a game ball.

I not only was very happy to see Heather play so well, I liked it that Kelly took up the scoring slack as Kaleena had an off night shooting (but 7 assists).

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Mike Thibault and Scott Hawk were courtside, good timing Tiff.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kaleena's passing was absolutely terrific today, though Bria had the assist of the night. Can't remember who it was to, but it was an amazing entry pass in the second half.

Nice to see Tiff get off the shnide offensively. She attacked ruthlessly and was just around the ball all evening. If she can be around the ball every evening, even when her outside shot isn't falling, UConn is a much better team.

Heather and Kiah aren't providing a ton of offense, but boy do they get after it on D and on the boards. As does Brianna Banks. As does Kelly Faris. The result? Well, after the first half, Buffalo had one assist...and 20 turnovers. No, Buffalo didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making this a game, but that's still getting it done defensively.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mike Thibault and Scott Hawk were courtside, good timing Tiff.
When Tiff played with Renee, they did pretty well. When Tiff played with Tina, ditto. When Tiff played with Kalana, well you guys know.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff's 5-game averages:

15.0 points
7.8 rebounds
3.0 steals
3.0 assists

And very few pratfalls.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
She just went from a low 1st rounder to a mid-one, and the calculations ain't over yet.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The knock on Hayes is that she is inconsistent not that she doesn't have the ability to put up big numbers. I think it's too early to tell how her season will end up but so far she hasn't shown that anything much has changed.

She scores well in games against inferior opponents but she struggles offensively against quality defenses.

#4 Stanford 3 for 15, 9 points
#208 Buffalo 10 for 15, 30 points

I'm waiting to see how she plays against a few more top 50 teams. With A&M and Baylor coming up she has an opportunity to prove that she can get it done in a big game.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Her point total against Stanford was not a measure of her overall game.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Her point total against Stanford was not a measure of her overall game.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

We're talking about offense - inconsistent offense and lack of offensive production in big games is the only issue with Hayes' performance that I have read. Anyone that watched the game knew that her point total didn't describe her entire game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No, no, no! We are talking about POPCORN SALES! She has just got to shape up that end of her game, if she is going to be the perfect player we all expect her to be. Sometimes the shots fall, sometimes they don't, but you can't let that interfere with your popcorn hustle! (Jubal Early's offense wasn't all that consistent, either, but that does not mean he was not a brilliant general.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom