Well if we go ACC... | The Boneyard

Well if we go ACC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...imagine the cordial reception Randy Edsall gets everytime he has to return to The Rent.:)

Reaction Score
The more I think of it, I think the ACC is the best fit for us. ACC would automantically be the best basketball conference in the country and our football program would fit right in and with natural rivals in both basketball and football.

Reaction Score
If it's the ACC I'll be right there booing BC and mocking Shalala, but anyone who treats Randy Edsall that way is, in my view, classless and ungrateful.

Reaction Score
As an SU fan I feel that UConn is a must as the 15th team for the ACC. Otherwise the BIG10 can still grab UConn and Rutgers for inroads into the NY/NJ market. Rutgers without SU or UConn is kind of hung out to dry but could still land safely and at no risk to SU/UConn or the ACC in the BIG10.

Ideally the ACC takes UConn and WVU but academics may keep WVU out and send them SEC bound in witch case ND makes sense as they must realize they have to commit with Fball as well going forward.

Reaction Score
Beating Duke in basketball and football .............priceless.

Reaction Score
Bcu and md at the rent and dook, unc at gampel? Good lord those games would be rocking!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I guess that would answer our question of how we will handle our 2013 home schedule...Maryland becomes a conference game and we keep Michigan as our BCS non-conference game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If it's the ACC I'll be right there booing BC and mocking Shalala, but anyone who treats Randy Edsall that way is, in my view, classless and ungrateful.
Agreed. Edsell did nothing wrong. our former AD had a crappy relationship with Calhoun and a luke-cold relationship with Edsell. i don't know all the reasons he left, but he felt he needed to move on to something bigger and better, and it's too bad UCONN could retain him.

Reaction Score
WHAT'S THIS I HEAR.....THE ACC IS A DRY CONFERENCE? NO BEER SOLD AT GAMES?????????? FORGET THE ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
If UCONN does come I wonder who the other team will be. With UCONN in the ACC the fanbases can still go to some reasonably traveled road games. Perhaps Rutgers should be put to pasture in this one

Reaction Score
WHAT'S THIS I HEAR.....THE ACC IS A DRY CONFERENCE? NO BEER SOLD AT GAMES?????????? FORGET THE ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are they on drugs? They sell beer at the dome too, they're fairly up in arms at this one as well. Going to be interesting... Ok, I'm jumping the gun. Let's get there first.

Reaction Score

It's weird - I hated Edsall the entire summer, and rooted so hard against them week 1. But now I'm over it. I actually find myself missing him. Yeah, he did a ton of stuff I hated - but it almost became old hat to pick on those things. PP will grow on me, but I definitely miss the old guard a helluva lot more than I thought I would.

Now, BC...not only will I boo like hell every time we play them, but I'll be driving to Chestnut Hill every other year too.

Reaction Score
Hate to be negative but based on what I've seen so far, FHCRE is a MUCH better in game coach than P. It does appear howeve that Coach P may be a better recruiter. That's not a fact but it's my read based on what we've seen thus far.

Reaction Score
Bcu and md at the rent and dook, unc at gampel? Good lord those games would be rocking!

I'd think we'd play UNC and Dook at the XL on a regular basis. Bigger venue for the bigger opponents.

(I think we've only played Syracuse at Gampel once?)

Reaction Score
Check out this map....bored on my flight tonight...

Assuming four to the PAC 16 look at the hole on the 95 corridor that the ACC would benefit from filling

Attachments

• Conference realignment 9-18-11.jpg
    Conference realignment 9-18-11.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 46

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I'd think we'd play UNC and Dook at the XL on a regular basis. Bigger venue for the bigger opponents.

Those games would make more money being played at the XL center but those games deserve to have the best atmosphere possible and that obviously would be Gampel.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Check out this map....bored on my flight tonight...

Assuming four to the PAC 16 look at the hole on the 95 corridor that the ACC would benefit from filling
Lots of frequent flyer miles to be had!!

Reaction Score

To the best of my knowledge UConn does XL and Gampel games pretty randomly. This will be Syracuse's 3rd time at Gampel in the last 5 years or so FYI so I'm not sure where you got the "once" from.

Looking at some "big ticket" games the last few years... UNC came to the XL as our elite nonconference opponent in 2005. Indiana made two trips to the XL in our recent series. We smoked Oklahoma at Gampel in 04ish. Texas was a big opponent in 2010 and that was obviously at Gampel. Tennessee last year at XL.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can't find any trends. The only reason the XL is slightly more likely to get a big game is because they host a few more games than Gampel.

I think the ACC brings enough big names that UConn would hopefully not have a problem putting the Florida States and Clemsons at the XL and getting solid crowds, while saving the biggest name opponents (Duke, UNC) for on campus.

Reaction Score

Just wondering what it would cost to have a retractable roof at the rent? :D

Reaction Score
To the best of my knowledge UConn does XL and Gampel games pretty randomly. This will be Syracuse's 3rd time at Gampel in the last 5 years or so FYI so I'm not sure where you got the "once" from.

Looking at some "big ticket" games the last few years... UNC came to the XL as our elite nonconference opponent in 2005. Indiana made two trips to the XL in our recent series. We smoked Oklahoma at Gampel in 04ish. Texas was a big opponent in 2010 and that was obviously at Gampel. Tennessee last year at XL.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can't find any trends. The only reason the XL is slightly more likely to get a big game is because they host a few more games than Gampel.

I think the ACC brings enough big names that UConn would hopefully not have a problem putting the Florida States and Clemsons at the XL and getting solid crowds, while saving the biggest name opponents (Duke, UNC) for on campus.

Think you're right about 'Cuse at Gampel more than once. Also the one time we beat UNC in '02 was at Gampel I think, so you're probably right again about no trends between power schools at our venues. My brainfart. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom