Well here we go again | The Boneyard

Well here we go again

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im stuck in my office doing taxes. Tuff time for me but I record and watch every game. Hey you know what UConn is going to be almost unbeatable this post season if they continue to not turn the ball over. CD and Saniya are doing a terrific job not turning the ball over and we will need Nurse healthy again and we're gonna be pretty tuff. Butler and Irwin are scoring and rebounding something we didnt have against Murders Row early in the season. So looking back at what we did early on and looking at the improvements in all our players and.....So where are we at? Undefeated and number 1 in the nation again. Dont worry about any game unless we get key players in Early foul trouble. I say early because I expect us to have pretty big leads in every game including the FF. Ive been watching the other one and two seeds and they aren't blowing to many teams away. Theyre all struggling. Theyre inconsistent. UConn continues to play their game and execute with very very high enthusiasm. The key imo is theyre always smiling because theyre having fun. When your smiling your relaxed. Other teams and other players smile when they do something like make a shot. UConn not so much. UConn smiles as a unit. Its all about attitude and UConn players have winning attitudes.....and its contagious thoughout the whole team including the coaches and managers.

You know what. It doesnt really matter who comes to Bridgeport and plays us in the Regional Final. We're not gonna lose. We wont...because we're UConn. To many good teams right now have not peaked(sp). To many teams are struggling in games I didnt think they would struggle in.

So what will it take to beat UConn. Let me tell you thats a tall order. UConn has so much and has had it for so long it would almost take a complete collapse by UConn to lose. A fluke...maybe. Youve got to understand the level UConn is playing at. We continue to win with key players hurt. Other teams dont and other teams struggle. Yesterday SC played a hurt Coates. IMO shes out for at least 3 weeks now. IMO the coaches werent thinking of a NC they were thinking they didnt wanna lose yesterday. With Coates out of the lineup and or ineffective if she plays SC is very beatable especially if they get into foul trouble. It was alot closer game yesterday they I thought.

I think in this seasons tourney the PAC12 will do some damage. I think they will be pretty good because they have good coaching. Ohio St lost MD is struggling imo ND is not tearing it up FLSt surprise.

I really like where UConn is as a team right now. We're ready and the few question marks we had at the beginning of the season have been answered. Everybody for UConn is playing well and as part of a unit. Our non starters are looking better every game. Oh Yeah we're gonna be really tuff.

Reaction Score
Pretty much agree....foul trouble & injuries are what it would take to derail the train. First is generally controllable with smart play and reasonable refs, second is basically just bad luck.

Reaction Score
Tony, don't work too hard. You know, SC looks better without Coates on the floor. Kaela Davis is starting to come around. That kid reminds me so much of Diamond DeShields. SC could be tougher in the NCAAT.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tony, you've watched enough UCONN AAC games that perhaps you can claim Geno pulling his starters at the end of the 3rd quarter as a charitable deduction? :rolleyes:

Good one Jim!!! :p

Carnac

Reaction Score
Im stuck in my office doing taxes. Tuff time for me but I record and watch every game. Hey you know what UConn is going to be almost unbeatable this post season if they continue to not turn the ball over. CD and Saniya are doing a terrific job not turning the ball over and we will need Nurse healthy again and we're gonna be pretty tuff. Butler and Irwin are scoring and rebounding something we didnt have against Murders Row early in the season. So looking back at what we did early on and looking at the improvements in all our players and.....So where are we at? Undefeated and number 1 in the nation again. Dont worry about any game unless we get key players in Early foul trouble. I say early because I expect us to have pretty big leads in every game including the FF. Ive been watching the other one and two seeds and they aren't blowing to many teams away. Theyre all struggling. Theyre inconsistent. UConn continues to play their game and execute with very very high enthusiasm. The key imo is theyre always smiling because theyre having fun. When your smiling your relaxed. Other teams and other players smile when they do something like make a shot. UConn not so much. UConn smiles as a unit. Its all about attitude and UConn players have winning attitudes.....and its contagious thoughout the whole team including the coaches and managers.

You know what. It doesnt really matter who comes to Bridgeport and plays us in the Regional Final. We're not gonna lose. We wont...because we're UConn. To many good teams right now have not peaked(sp). To many teams are struggling in games I didnt think they would struggle in.

So what will it take to beat UConn. Let me tell you thats a tall order. UConn has so much and has had it for so long it would almost take a complete collapse by UConn to lose. A fluke...maybe. Youve got to understand the level UConn is playing at. We continue to win with key players hurt. Other teams dont and other teams struggle. Yesterday SC played a hurt Coates. IMO shes out for at least 3 weeks now. IMO the coaches werent thinking of a NC they were thinking they didnt wanna lose yesterday. With Coates out of the lineup and or ineffective if she plays SC is very beatable especially if they get into foul trouble. It was alot closer game yesterday they I thought.

I think in this seasons tourney the PAC12 will do some damage. I think they will be pretty good because they have good coaching. Ohio St lost MD is struggling imo ND is not tearing it up FLSt surprise.

I really like where UConn is as a team right now. We're ready and the few question marks we had at the beginning of the season have been answered. Everybody for UConn is playing well and as part of a unit. Our non starters are looking better every game. Oh Yeah we're gonna be really tuff.

Hey Tony, 2 things, 1. You said it all. Nothing else need be said. I 100% agree with you observations.........spot on!! As usual, Geno has them exactly where he wants them this time of the season. They look good, real good.

2. Don't concern yourself with today's game. I'll watch it for you while you're working. I'll let you know if something happens you need to know about. I've got your back!
No man can serve two masters. You watch those numbers, I'll watch the game. :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Tony, you and Nan should start a firm called Husky Taxes. Your slogan could be "We take a bite out of the IRS!!"

By the way, I am going back to the Tulane replay to see how many of the girls were smiling.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The one thing I'd like to see from Butler is for her NOT to pump fake a shot when she's under the basket. Just take it up strong the first time. She's 6'5" for crying out loud. Put the ball in the basket. She put it it up 2 times yesterday without pump-faking, and scored both times, it was a thing of beauty. If they foul you, go to the line and get your points from there............and don't bring the ball down on an entry pass. Put it above your head, pivot and shoot. Keep it simple. The team is counting on you BIG time during the next 4 weeks. We know we can count on you!!!!!

Reaction Score

I agree with everything you said. Danger has shown a marked improvement in 2 weeks. Yesterday, we finally saw Butler go to the rack with authority, instead of falling away from shots. This is a huge development in my opinion for both her and the team as a whole. It will take a sub 32% shooting game and help from the zebras to knock the huskies out !

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tony, you and Nan should start a firm called Husky Taxes. Your slogan could be "We take a bite out of the IRS!!"

By the way, I am going back to the Tulane replay to see how many of the girls were smiling.
My motto is Dont mess with the IRS. Kinda like people mess with Geno Dont mess with Geno. LOL BTW Tulane was a fluke and we still won unlike other losses. Wait a minute I dont remember a loss except the one a long time ago.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It's hard to beat a team when all 5 players are on. Even if 1-2 are having an "off" day, The other 3 can carry the load like they did against Tulane. All 5 will never be off at the same time. That's not going to happen. A team's biggest fear when playing UConn is they fall behind early by double digits. Then, they're playing catch-up the rest of the game. Mean while, UConn got the peddle to the metal, doin' 90 in the fast lane, and not looking back.

Lou has had her slump already. She's out of it, and should be good for the rest of the year, and that's bad news for our opponents. When Lou's feelin' it, it's Katie bar the door. UConn is rockin & rollin'. Heh heh heh. :D

Reaction Score
Butler and Irwin are scoring and rebounding something we didnt have against Murders Row early in the season. So looking back at what we did early on and looking at the improvements in all our players and.....So where are we at? Undefeated and number 1 in the nation again. Dont worry about any game unless we get key players in Early foul trouble.

While I agree with you that I really like how UConn is playing right now, it is not automatic that they will win #12. The same question marks we had at the beginning of the season(lack of depth, size, injury concerns, etc) are all still there and on any given night can show up. I give a lot of credit to Butler and Irwin but just because they were effective against a 10 win Tulsa team does not mean they can contribute at the same level against the better teams in the country. Make no mistake that in order to win #12 we must string together 6 games of our best basketball.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
While I agree with you that I really like how UConn is playing right now, it is not automatic that they will win #12. The same question marks we had at the beginning of the season(lack of depth, size, injury concerns, etc) are all still there and on any given night can show up. I give a lot of credit to Butler and Irwin but just because they were effective against a 10 win Tulsa team does not mean they can contribute at the same level against the better teams in the country. Make no mistake that in order to win #12 we must string together 6 games of our best basketball.

Maybe 3, perhaps only 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom