Well deserved respect | The Boneyard

Well deserved respect

Reaction Score
Jerry Palm’s Week 5 Bowl Projections.

1727620072781.jpeg

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow. Who would have thought UConn would be ahead of Florida, UCLA, Florida State, Auburn, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Cal, Stanford, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, etc, and one position behind Wisconsin? Amazing respect to be sure.
I doubt we are that high... would like to be surprised. 80-85 sounds more correct. Frankly even if we win out 54 might be too high.

Reaction Score
I doubt we are that high... would like to be surprised. 80-85 sounds more correct. Frankly even if we win out 54 might be too high.
Idk. We look really freakin good. We are whooping these teams like Ohio St does. Maryland is a wtf big loss but we almost beat Duke (should have) and then we’ve pulverized the others. Top 60 is definitely possible. If we get to 7-2, we may be ranked. We are definitely a team on an upward trajectory too.

Reaction Score
Idk. We look really freakin good. We are whooping these teams like Ohio St does. Maryland is a wtf big loss but we almost beat Duke (should have) and then we’ve pulverized the others. Top 60 is definitely possible. If we get to 7-2, we may be ranked. We are definitely a team on an upward trajectory too.
Not sure I would put us in Ohio St status but I get the point. On the Maryland loss in my opinion it was a game that would have been more competitive later in the season. JM has said with the new OC and DC schemes are different on both sides of the ball and complicated to learn along with opponents to pick up on. It's taken some time but looks like they are getting it down.
With so many new pieces of the puzzle now being in sync I would not mind seeing Maryland in the post season.
I wonder if AD David Benedict called old associates at Auburn to let them know who's ranked higher...
I doubt it as he may not want to burn a bridge for talent that might consider coming here in the portal. That and possibly coaches going up the ladder as we lose some to higher grounds along with the fact he would just be a set up for their reply.
"Congrats Dave on your poll ranking which we both know means about nothing. Will be happy with our $50 million + at the end of the season after expenses along with our 85,000 fannies in the seats at our home games."

Reaction Score
Not sure I would put us in Ohio St status but I get the point. On the Maryland loss in my opinion it was a game that would have been more competitive later in the season. JM has said with the new OC and DC schemes are different on both sides of the ball and complicated to learn along with opponents to pick up on. It's taken some time but looks like they are getting it down.
With so many new pieces of the puzzle now being in sync I would not mind seeing Maryland in the post season.

I doubt it as he may not want to burn a bridge for talent that might consider coming here in the portal. That and possibly coaches going up the ladder as we lose some to higher grounds along with the fact he would just be a set up for their reply.
"Congrats Dave on your poll ranking which we both know means about nothing. Will be happy with our $50 million + at the end of the season after expenses along with our 85,000 fannies in the seats at our home games."

My point with the Ohio State reference was that, we are demolishing FBS “cupcakes” like a high-end P4 team. We haven’t done that in 15 years, if ever. We went from being a cupcake to eating cupcakes overnight.

Reaction Score
don't get me wrong, I love our progression. I like that we appear to be solidly above FAU and UB. I want to know more and see what we can do about those further up the chain and when pressure is real.

The real question will be when we run into a team that's designed to stop the run. You know, even if Evers is healthy I'm kind of tempted to say "weak run defense, play Evers, weak pass defenses play Fagnano"

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
don't get me wrong, I love our progression. I like that we appear to be solidly above FAU and UB. I want to know more and see what we can do about those further up the chain and when pressure is real.

The real question will be when we run into a team that's designed to stop the run. You know, even if Evers is healthy I'm kind of tempted to say "weak run defense, play Evers, weak pass defenses play Fagnano"
funny thing is UMass actually has a decent run defense.

Reaction Score
UConn opens around -13 against Temple.

When was the last time UConn was a double digit favorite against an FBS opponent?
Most likely when we were ranked in double digits and the opponent deep in triple as we are now seeing. ;)

Reaction Score
I think I agree. I will believe it when UConn shuts down a really good passing attack. That has not happened yet. But in the second half yesterday it looked like they were practicing that very thing with all the blitzing.

Reaction Score
My point with the Ohio State reference was that, we are demolishing FBS “cupcakes” like a high-end P4 team. We haven’t done that in 15 years, if ever. We went from being a cupcake to eating cupcakes overnight.
We were doing it in the Donald Brown era for sure but it's been about as long as you referenced.

You can just see how much more in sync both the offense and defense have steadily become and there's no reason we can't run the table if the progress continues, especially when you consider how well the team has played the last two weeks.

Too bad Duke was so early along with Maryland but, no matter, if the progress continues and the injury bug stays away this team will look awfully good to the bowl selectors and maybe even to the Big 12 and others who want a foothold in N.E.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom