Well, Charlie Strong is available | The Boneyard

Well, Charlie Strong is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He'll be at a program with more prestige that'll pay him a higher salary than we can afford.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he will land at the G5 level.

He didn't get it done at Texas, but given that some boosters wanted him fired three minutes after he was hired, I'm not surprised.

I think he'd be a huge improvement over anything we've seen here over the recent past, but I just do not want to see another defense-first coach at UConn in my lifetime.

Reaction Score

He didn't get it done at Texas, but given that some boosters wanted him fired three minutes after he was hired, I'm not surprised.

I think he'd be a huge improvement over anything we've seen here over the recent past, but I just do not want to see another defense-first coach at UConn in my lifetime.
I think he'll go back being a coordinator in the P5. He was pretty good defensive coordinator so I think he pulls a Kiffen and goes one of the better schools as a coordinator and increases his stock thst way for his next HC gig

Reaction Score

Been saying this myself. We need an offensive guy. I'm tired of yawning in the stands at games. We have a coach now who says "scoring is down by design". He is a smashing success by his definition 3 points the last month.

Charlie Strong has never really impressed me. He capitalized on a first round draft pick QB, and made himself very rich. Well done, but ain't too many of those QBS around.

Reaction Score
I never thought Strong was great by any means, but Texas seems to be the most dysfunctional of any "big name" job out there. They are the perfect example of how people place too high of a priority on "facilities", etc. Yes you need shiny stuff, but more than that you need an organization that is on the same page from top to bottom, and that doesn't seem to exist over there. I'll be curious to see how it goes for Texas with their next coach, who we all assume to be Tom Herman.

Reaction Score
He might take a year off. ESPN says there is a clause where he doesn't get all $10.7 if he takes a new coaching job. Why not relax for a year and collect 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom