Well boys pray for a miracle conference tourny run | The Boneyard

Well boys pray for a miracle conference tourny run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
0% chance now of getting an at large bid. had a 2% chance before of getting by winning out and losing in championship game

Reaction Score
Winning this conference tourney in Hartford won't take a miracle. SMU is very good (and a wickedly tough match-up), and Cincy's tough. We can beat both - especially at home.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this is where we were weeks ago and this is where we will be at seasons end
It will be make or break at the AAC tournament
This team just doesn't have the toughness it needed when it needed or the skill/cohesion to make runs or stop runs
I hurt for Boat
4 titles in 16 years - I ain't crying at all

Reaction Score
I'd much rather see SMU on the other side of the bracket in the conference tournament. Hopefully this team can fight its way into the number 2 or 3 position.

Reaction Score
Winning this conference tourney in Hartford won't take a miracle. SMU is very good (and a wickedly tough match-up), and Cincy's tough. We can beat both - especially at home.

can we? we cant even beat houston and have looked miserable the 2nd half of the season outside of the tulsa game. I have seen no real improvement in any player on this team with the exception of hamilton and boatright playing consistent.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who gives a rats ass about making the tournament at this point? Who the hell wants to win the AAC and go into the NCAA as a 13+ seed? I'd much rather see 3+ games in the NIT to continue development than a blowout like tonight in the first round in the NCAA (no offense to Boat).

Reaction Score
can we? we cant even beat houston and have looked miserable the 2nd half of the season outside of the tulsa game. I have seen no real improvement in any player on this team with the exception of hamilton and boatright playing consistent.
We were playing an away game against a team hyped up before their biggest home crowd ever, far away from home. Considering we made Tulsa and Cincy look like superstars in the away games and handled them in our home games, I'd think we have a chance against any american team.

Reaction Score
We were playing an away game against a team hyped up before their biggest home crowd ever, far away from home. Considering we made Tulsa and Cincy look like superstars in the away games and handled them in our home games, I'd think we have a chance against any american team.

sounds like a lot of excuses for HOUSTON not Duke, Kansas, UNC, Louisville... HOUSTON

Reaction Score
sounds like a lot of excuses for HOUSTON not Duke, Kansas, UNC, Louisville... HOUSTON
Thought you were talking about this SMU game. The houston game was a stinker, but I still think we're a much better home team than away team. Especially when we have to travel a thousand miles away.

Reaction Score
I just don't see us losing so many games and people saying we should be able to win the Tourney. I'm trying but I just don't see it. 'Could' yes, 'Should' ?.

What are you guys seeing that gives you so much confidence?

Reaction Score
I just don't see us losing so many games and people saying we should be able to win the Tourney. I'm trying but I just don't see it. 'Could' yes, 'Should' ?.

the argument, well we only have to beat tulsa and SMU and they arent great teams, I wonder if people have been watching us most of the season? We arent a good team, lets face it. For all the*$&%ing on the AAC we do, we struggle to win games.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who gives a rats ass about making the tournament at this point? Who the hell wants to win the AAC and go into the NCAA as a 13+ seed? I'd much rather see 3+ games in the NIT to continue development than a blowout like tonight in the first round in the NCAA (no offense to Boat).
Id have to imagine you are. I would take making the tourney and at least have a shot to make a run versus winning the NIT. I can't fathom anyone thinking otherwise.

Reaction Score

I don't think we "should", because SMU 1) will be the best-coached team in the tourney, 2) has a stellar point guard, 3) defends like hell, and 4) executes their gameplan like hell. They "should".

But we "can" because we're the most talented, we're at home, and while KO isn't Brown, he's still proved to be a damn good coach. I also believe that we have the single best player in the conference, which is always a nice bump in tourney time.

Regardless, I hope those of you who live in/around Connecticut pack the place during tourney time, and bring the duck*ing ruckus for 40 minutes each night. Save the negativity for the Boneyard and show the team some love in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom