Welcome To The Bahamas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Welcome To The Bahamas

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I sure hope some of you basking in the warmth down there....or with access to the Flo station...will keep the
rest of us updated on the chat-room.
It doesn't appear that it will be available [Saturday/Sunday] over the computer link we had for the exhibition game...that true?

Somehow...someway... I view honorable Boneyarders with a moral [almost a legal] obligation to keep the rest of us informed as to game score and other entertaining thoughts on Saturday and Sunday.
Absolutely Blake. It's 8:07 am here on the west coast. I'm still on the fence on whether or not so subscribe to Flohoops for the first two games. I'll probably cave in and subscribe. But if I don't, I'd like for somebody that's watching the game to give the chatroom a play-by-play of the action as best they can. Not sure if a replay of the game will be posted in the yard later in the day. If it is, I can wait to see the replay even if I already know the final score. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hey Java, your comment reminds me of the time that then star NFL running back John Riggins and Supreme Court Judge Sandra Day O’Connor were both in attendance at a formal banquet in Washington DC., and after a few drinks, the slightly buzzed Riggins said to O’Connor: “hey Sandy baby, loosen up.” just before passing out on the ballroom floor, and snoring through a speech given by then Vice President Bush.
You're in my wheel house now, @Carnac. I lived and worked in D.C. in those days. When you lived in D.C. back then you had no choice but to be a Skins fans. I was a big one. Riggo, The hogs, Hail To The xxxSkins. Anything related was first page morning news. I remember your reference clearly. Those were the days...for me anyway.

Reaction Score
Azzi with her famous Unicorn neck support

View attachment 71114
Hey: the unicorn is Paige's favorite (too?). Remember her crutches with unicorn heads when she was recovering from foot surgery?
I note that the mythical beast looks something like what Paige may morph into: a GOAT.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I have youtubeTV using the Roku device along with a Roku channel, but I believe you have to subscribe to the Roku streaming service to get flosports.
I have a Roku box attached to my TV. There are many app's that you can download from Roku store if not already installed.

Some apps have free content. However, if you want to watch something other than the few "promotional" "free" events/show/game, you have to have a subscription.

Hulu Live app on Roku $60+, Frndly $7, Netflix $14, Disney+ $8. ECT.

ESPN is Free because I subscribe to Hulu-Live. Many apps are "Free" content because Hulu-Live is my content provider. Spectrum is my internet access provider.

Follow the UConn link, get your subscription and enjoy the games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hey: the unicorn is Paige's favorite (too?). Remember her crutches with unicorn heads when she was recovering from foot surgery?
I note that the mythical beast looks something like what Paige may morph into: a GOAT.
I am guessing Paige may have gotten the crutch covers from Azzi.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hey Java, your comment reminds me of the time that then star NFL running back John Riggins and Supreme Court Judge Sandra Day O’Connor were both in attendance at a formal banquet in Washington DC., and after a few drinks, the slightly buzzed Riggins said to O’Connor: “hey Sandy baby, loosen up.” just before passing out on the ballroom floor, and snoring through a speech given by then Vice President Bush.
If you missed it......more of the John Riggins saga of that night in Washington D.C..........

riggins-sandy-baby.jpg

Compiled here is an oral history of John Riggins’ infamous evening with Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. The quotes are taken from contemporary accounts by the Washington Post, Associated Press, UPI and Sports Illustrated, in addition to present-day recollections from involved parties, courtesy the NFL Network’s A Football Life: John Riggins.

On Jan. 30, 1985, Riggins was set to attend the Washington Press Club’s annual black-tie event, “Salute to Congress,” at the Washington Sheraton. He was a guest of People magazine.

“I had been with a good friend, had a few beers, didn’t bother to eat, went down to the hotel where the party was, walked in and, God I don’t know why, because I hardly ever drink it, I had a double scotch. And I had another.” — John Riggins

“We had wine at the table, and everyone was having a good time and being a little boisterous.” Hal Wingo, assistant managing editor, People “I continued to drink my dinner.” — Riggins, who refused food.

“There were two bottles of red wine and John, in a very expressive mode, managed to mow both of them down. So they brought two more bottles of red wine, also within John’s reach, and [he] somehow managed to knock them over. So, at this point, the table is covered with red wine.” — Robb

Riggins, then the oldest running back in the NFL at age 35, was having trouble beyond drinking on an empty stomach.

“He was in a back brace. At one point, the chair had to be adjusted because he said it was bothering him.” — Garry Clifford, Washington bureau chief, People

O’Connor was about to leave because she had an early commitment the next morning. Riggins approached O’Connor’s seat, put his arm around her husband, looked over at the first female justice in history and uttered the famous line, “come on, loosen up, Sandy baby, you’re too tight.”

“Basically it was me saying ‘don’t go, we’re going to have a lot of fun.'” — Riggins

“[O’Connor] took it in great stride. I was sitting next to her and she was very gracious, laughing and smiling back. We thought it was kind of a delightful mix of personalities to have at the table.” — Wingo

“[Mrs. O’Connor found John] very entertaining.” — Mary Lou Riggins, John Riggins’ wife

Riggins then fell asleep on the floor, during a gaggle of dignitaries’ speeches, which included then-Vice President George H.W. Bush.

“Then he squatted and was staring off into space. He was really out of it. Then he dropped to one elbow, then he was flat on the floor. I knew he was under my chair when his cowboy boots hit my shoes.” — Jill Cohen, guest at nearby table

“He just went back without a sound.” — Robb

“He fell asleep is more accurate.” — Mary Lou Riggins

“They left him there through the whole speech [by Vice President George H.W. Bush.]” — Robb

“It looked like an 18-wheeler jackknifed on the interstate.” — John Riggins

“People checked Riggins a couple of times during the show to make sure he was breathing.” — Guest Marin Allen

“He appeared comfortable. He was lying first on his back, then rolled over and was on his stomach.” — Unidentified witness, as quoted by the Associated Press

UPI says Riggins snored throughout the speech and slept for about 45 minutes.The vice-president finished his humorous speech. Someone needed to wake up Riggins.

[A woman was] grabbing his nose and shaking it back and forth, and grabbing his hair and pulling it.” — Cohen.

Riggins eventually got up.

“They took him out the VIP door. They were dragging him, feet behind.” — Ron Edmonds, photographer, Associated Press

A day in the life of "Riggo" John Riggins, a legend in his own time.

xxx-f-riggins-26.jpg

Reaction Score
We cancelled about 2 weeks ago too. Some of our party couldn't afford to be out of work if we were quarrantined
Hey Dude ( "Jude")...I also just signed onto the Flohoops app. Let me know if you figure out the method for cancelling the subscription, once the tournament is over. I hear that is the real trick.

Or do you think it is worth keeping, for coverage of other stuff? Have you used it previously?

Reaction Score
Hey Dude ( "Jude")...I also just signed onto the Flohoops app. Let me know if you figure out the method for cancelling the subscription, once the tournament is over. I hear that is the real trick.

Or do you think it is worth keeping, for coverage of other stuff? Have you used it previously?
To Unsubcribe..

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You're in my wheel house now, @Carnac. I lived and worked in D.C. in those days. When you lived in D.C. back then you had no choice but to be a Skins fans. I was a big one. Riggo, The hogs, Hail To The xxxSkins. Anything related was first page morning news. I remember your reference clearly. Those were the days...for me anyway.
I was stationed in the DC area 76 - 80, wasn't too popular when it came to football. I was a die hard Dolphins fan and always reminded the Skins fans about the undefeated season with the win over them in Super Bowl VII. PO'd them more when I stated about the shut out of their offense and would have been the first team to go scoreless if wasn't for Garo's gaff.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For those of you uninitiated:

There's the Bahamas that most people know; Nassau the capital, nice hotels, broken down town center, Paradise Island, Fish fry (go) and the Chinese hotel complex...Grand Bahama (haven't been in a while)

and the rest...which I love...lots of islands, few people, wonderful beaches, great snorkeling (in spots) and untroubled, friendly people...

Andros: huge, lightly populated, bone fishing and snorkeling paradise
Berry's: A string of islands, from a cruise ship dock at the top, a large resort at the bottom and quiet in the middle.
Abacos: got really beat up in the last big hurricane, somewhat touristy but authentic, and at its best a sailors paradise; will take a few more years to build back to normal.
Eleuthera, Harbour Island and Spanish Wells: We were at Spanish Wells for Sep/Oct sailing our beach cat, fishing and relaxing: Fab...Harbour island, the Bahamian version of St. Barts.
Exumas: Long string of wondrous islands with slightly busy Georgetown near the bottom.

And that's just the beginning, there are lots more

Nassau is an outlier in a way.

Reaction Score
I was stationed in the DC area 76 - 80, wasn't too popular when it came to football. I was a die hard Dolphins fan and always reminded the Skins fans about the undefeated season with the win over them in Super Bowl VII. PO'd them more when I stated about the shut out of their offense and would have been the first team to go scoreless if wasn't for Garo's gaff.
Ohhh, the fight is on. The Dolphin fans that I knew always liked to brag about their 1972 undefeated season and all the way to the superbowl. And then I let them know that the fish actually lost a game that year. They said I didn't know what I was talking about until I told them that I was at the game they lost. So. that year the fish won every post season game, they won every regular season game and they even won every pre season game....except ONE....to the Skins. Turns out, that became my fave pro football game. :cool:

Reaction Score
If you missed it......more of the John Riggins saga of that night in Washington D.C..........

riggins-sandy-baby.jpg

Compiled here is an oral history of John Riggins’ infamous evening with Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. The quotes are taken from contemporary accounts by the Washington Post, Associated Press, UPI and Sports Illustrated, in addition to present-day recollections from involved parties, courtesy the NFL Network’s A Football Life: John Riggins.

On Jan. 30, 1985, Riggins was set to attend the Washington Press Club’s annual black-tie event, “Salute to Congress,” at the Washington Sheraton. He was a guest of People magazine.

“I had been with a good friend, had a few beers, didn’t bother to eat, went down to the hotel where the party was, walked in and, God I don’t know why, because I hardly ever drink it, I had a double scotch. And I had another.” — John Riggins

“We had wine at the table, and everyone was having a good time and being a little boisterous.” Hal Wingo, assistant managing editor, People “I continued to drink my dinner.” — Riggins, who refused food.

“There were two bottles of red wine and John, in a very expressive mode, managed to mow both of them down. So they brought two more bottles of red wine, also within John’s reach, and [he] somehow managed to knock them over. So, at this point, the table is covered with red wine.” — Robb

Riggins, then the oldest running back in the NFL at age 35, was having trouble beyond drinking on an empty stomach.

“He was in a back brace. At one point, the chair had to be adjusted because he said it was bothering him.” — Garry Clifford, Washington bureau chief, People

O’Connor was about to leave because she had an early commitment the next morning. Riggins approached O’Connor’s seat, put his arm around her husband, looked over at the first female justice in history and uttered the famous line, “come on, loosen up, Sandy baby, you’re too tight.”

“Basically it was me saying ‘don’t go, we’re going to have a lot of fun.'” — Riggins

“[O’Connor] took it in great stride. I was sitting next to her and she was very gracious, laughing and smiling back. We thought it was kind of a delightful mix of personalities to have at the table.” — Wingo

“[Mrs. O’Connor found John] very entertaining.” — Mary Lou Riggins, John Riggins’ wife

Riggins then fell asleep on the floor, during a gaggle of dignitaries’ speeches, which included then-Vice President George H.W. Bush.

“Then he squatted and was staring off into space. He was really out of it. Then he dropped to one elbow, then he was flat on the floor. I knew he was under my chair when his cowboy boots hit my shoes.” — Jill Cohen, guest at nearby table

“He just went back without a sound.” — Robb

“He fell asleep is more accurate.” — Mary Lou Riggins

“They left him there through the whole speech [by Vice President George H.W. Bush.]” — Robb

“It looked like an 18-wheeler jackknifed on the interstate.” — John Riggins

“People checked Riggins a couple of times during the show to make sure he was breathing.” — Guest Marin Allen

“He appeared comfortable. He was lying first on his back, then rolled over and was on his stomach.” — Unidentified witness, as quoted by the Associated Press

UPI says Riggins snored throughout the speech and slept for about 45 minutes.The vice-president finished his humorous speech. Someone needed to wake up Riggins.

[A woman was] grabbing his nose and shaking it back and forth, and grabbing his hair and pulling it.” — Cohen.

Riggins eventually got up.

“They took him out the VIP door. They were dragging him, feet behind.” — Ron Edmonds, photographer, Associated Press

A day in the life of "Riggo" John Riggins, a legend in his own time.

xxx-f-riggins-26.jpg
All true. But on the field, they didn't call him the DIESEL for nothing. :eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Ohhh, the fight is on. The Dolphin fans that I knew always liked to brag about their 1972 undefeated season and all the way to the superbowl. And then I let them know that the fish actually lost a game that year. They said I didn't know what I was talking about until I told them that I was at the game they lost. So. that year the fish won every post season game, they won every regular season game and they even won every pre season game....except ONE....to the Skins. Turns out, that became my fave pro football game. :cool:
Actually if you are talking about the 71-72 team that went 17-0, they lost 3 of the 4 preseason games.

Reaction Score

I don't wait, I cancelled immediately. My subscription will still be active until the end of a month. I often forget to cancel so I've just made it a habit. Believe me, once you subscribe they are not going to return your money if you cancel a day later, it just removes the auto-renew feature.

Reaction Score
“I keek a touchdown!”

Reaction Score
If you’re not here, it is a bit cooler than normal and you’ll easily pay $75+ each for a decent dinner with a drink or two. Go off resort for decent pricing and there are several options nearby. Oregon and USC ladies were out and about today. That’s all I saw.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm at Baha Mar for 2 days before moving to Atlantis. I wish I could have gotten dinner for $75.

I saw the Oklahoma team at the airport yesterday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little part of the presser. Too bad it des not have the Geno "crapping on Storrs" line bit it looks like it may have come right before since Geno had a Cheshire cat grin.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With travel and pool time, I was wondering if the team had an opportunity to practice yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom