Welcome Kaitlyn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Welcome Kaitlyn!

Reaction Score
Great! Welcome, Kaitlyn! Now, Geno has at least 10 really talented practice players to start the season. Highly anticipating next season:

“With the possible transfer addition of Kaitlyn Chen (point guard) (whereby the incoming 2024 class is JMASK (Jana, Morgan, Allie, Sarah and Kaitlyn)), Geno can subsequently more readily recreate versions of the 2023 final-four half-court offense (2-3 point guards, 1-2 designated sharpshooter(s) and 1-2 post players) where all players are 3-point/triple threats.”

Post 1: Thread 'MAJRS / JMASK vs TASSK First Year'

Reaction Score
I like all the possibilities. Yea...we have guards, some can play small forward in the small ball game. Great for pressing too. Sometimes you can't dictate the pace and style of the game. Be ready to match up. She's confident, steady and isn't afraid to shoot the big shot. Not sure I've seen a team with this many high quality perimeter threats. You can't cover them all!
Can you just see Paige, Kaitlyn, Azzi and Ashlyn on the perimeter and Jana in the paint? Jana would have one heck of a game!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Excellent pickup and not unexpected.

This is more than insurance. This is experience and gives Geno the ability to rest his guards. We have no idea about Azzi or Caroline. Will they be ready by November? That is a huge question.

Geno strikes again.

Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of Kaitlyn Chen throughout her career at Princeton. Unfortunately, most of the games I watched were of Chen torching my Columbia Lions. :(. Chen is a BIG TIME player in crunch time. She can get to the basket and score, knock down shots from the perimeter, drop some beautiful dimes on her teammates and she is a remarkably tough defender.

With all the talent UConn has at guard, I suspect that Chen is coming in with much the same attitude as Lou Lopez Senechel, just trying to fit in and do her best. Hopefully, Chen won’t end up carrying the same load Lou ended up carrying for the Huskies. But there is no doubt that she will be a key contributor.

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi, KK, Shade, Ziebell, Cheli & now Chen. Thats not counting Q & Caroline who are listed as guards.
Who's going to rebound? Who's going to defend the size that the top teams have?
Who's going to defend the great guard play UCONN has? The entire league could barely handle Clark. UCONN adding now another shooter/scorer. In addtion Sarah Strong is a "rebounder."

Reaction Score
I feel great about it… if Geno wants her, I want her!
Exactly! It's such a no brainer - - the way some people assume that Geno, CD (and then the whole assistant coaches...) don't know what's going on. And especially after the coaching demo they just gave us all. Where's the faith? SMH. Anyways, like you said - If Geno wants her, we should I want her!

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi, KK, Shade, Ziebell, Cheli & now Chen. Thats not counting Q & Caroline who are listed as guards.
Who's going to rebound? Who's going to defend the size that the top teams have?
Our 6”5 Egyptian post player who all the college coaches at the fiba tournament said was the best player and would be #1 in 2024 if she was American that tournament featured Aliyah Edward , kamilla Cardoso, Angel Reese, Rickea Jackson. She’s also so aggressive the coaches had asked her to tone it down or if not her, our 6”2 number one recruit who has had multiple 30 point 20 rebound games including one against Joyce Edwards, or our 6”3 #3 recruit who dunks for fun, or our 6”3 #4 recruit who came into her own last year. Big reason why we won the big East tournament and our elite 8 game. Or our 6”1 Aubrey Griffin when she’s healthy who we all know is a rebounding machine. It’s not about size it’s about heart. Ex Morrow who is under sized but a rebounding machine. Or with South Carolina who outside of Cardoso, their rotation of post were 6”3. We have an embarrassment of riches, 3 number one recruits, just gained an Ivy League player of the year and people still find a reason to complain. our girls deserve more grateful fans, they just got to the final four with less than half of the team we will have next year. I’m excited to see what they do!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Geno does the 4 guards + one offense, like he did this year, watch out. I believe there's no team out there that could beat UConn. If he gets Raegan to come on board well that's just icing on the cake.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
How quickly we forget how the team struggled when Nika had to leave the game.

So now we have a point guard with 4 years of experience who has the stats that says she's a really good player.

She has been learning from a coach that learned from Gino, now she is going to be studying under her teachers teacher. I'm thinking this will be more of a continuation of how to play the game, not learning how to play for Geno & CD but more like refining & preparing for the next level.

KK needs more time. This will take the pressure off of KK.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people liking this young lady.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why this is so hard to understand. She won’t stop KK’s development, if anything she’ll challenge her and make her better so that she’s more than fit to run the team after Kaitlyn and Paige leaves next year. She scores, facilitates and plays defense. An amazing pickup if you ask me.
Not sure why everyone seems to assume Paige will leave next year? She does have another year and presumably her reasons for staying this year will remain the same? I think it’s eminently possible she will play out her eligibility at UConn before moving on. I suppose she might be influenced to lave if the right team were to get the #1 draft slot but otherwise, I think she’s likely to stay even if UConn wins #12 this season!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One piece falls into place. Welcome to UConn Ms. Chen!! So excited to have her. Let's celebrate with some Beers! :D
Fox 6 Respect GIF by WBRC FOX6 News

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom