Weist finding a home in the AAC | The Boneyard

Weist finding a home in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
George-Seinfeld-Popcorn.jpeg.jpg

Reaction Score
he's a heckuva a coach.. I don't think Diaco will ever pick up a guy that actually coached here during our FBS days.. I'd be kinda shocked if he did...

Reaction Score
The guy is a winner. We should have grabbed him as OC, but pride is the demise of many. He would never come back and Diaco would never look back.

Reaction Score
I hope when he comes back north, he still wears short sleeve polos when it's cold as a witch's out.

Reaction Score
I wonder, if he had been picked instead of Diaco, would he have eventually been frustrated with trying to recruit to a New England school like I think Edsall did. And.... when the first opportunity presented itself leave.
I also wonder about Diaco. Is he "THE GUY" that will stick it out for a while and turn this program into a national power, guiding it through the next conference realignment?

Reaction Score
TJ should receive a standing ovation when he comes back to East Hartford.
I would agree but when? If it is during pre game introductions only 15% (high estimate) of the fans would be in their seats. 5 % would stand and clap and only about half of them would know who he is :(.
But then again any ovation of any number is better than no ovation at all :D. My crew will give him his due!!! ;) Wish he was returning to fill the same position we now have open.
https://hcmprodweb.psoft.uconn.edu/...=A&JobOpeningId=2016372&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder, if he had been picked instead of Diaco, would he have eventually been frustrated with trying to recruit to a New England school like I think Edsall did. And.... when the first opportunity presented itself leave.
I also wonder about Diaco. Is he "THE GUY" that will stick it out for a while and turn this program into a national power, guiding it through the next conference realignment?

What a weird take.

Reaction Score
What a weird take.
Why is that weird? During Edsall's time here the recruits were always going to be diamonds in the rough, works in progress. No 4 or 5 stars were clamoring to sign up. The top kids in the state were going elsewhere. That's got to be frustrating after 11 years.

Reaction Score
weyuo said:
Why is that weird? During Edsall's time here the recruits were always going to be diamonds in the rough, works in progress. No 4 or 5 stars were clamoring to sign up. The top kids in the state were going elsewhere. That's got to be frustrating after 11 years.

It is weird because it is weird. You could ask that question of any coach that we might get. It wouldn't be exclusive to Weist. You have to be a good recruiter to get 4/5 star kids to any school, especially one in the AAC with a short FBS history. It is like you are really saying, "Eh, he would have failed eventually because nobody wants to play at UConn".

You seem to have a need to talk about any negative aspect of the football program that you can in terms of expansion and now recruiting. We are getting most of the best in state kids with Diaco. He is also targeting kids all over the country that have the size and athleticism to be something better with training. Weist has a similar "can do" attitude and would likely have a similar approach. Edsall was too focused on his perceived disadvantages whereas Diaco focuses on nothing but his advantages. Weist is the same type of guy and that is likely why Warde brought both of them to UConn.

Reaction Score

Were he to do so, why would he go anywhere? If he accomplished all these things, I'd think his stocks could take him anywhere! Even Wall Street!

Reaction Score
Edsall's main issues (the ones that caused him to leave) at UConn were with Hathaway and Hathaway only. If he was here when Hathaway was fired things would have been a bit different.

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Edsall's issues at UConn were with Hathaway and Hathaway only. If he was here when Hathaway was fired things would have been a bit different.

I still don't think Edsall had anywhere near the recruiting potential of Diaco and Weist. He wasn't even trying to get the best players. He was a great recruiter but in a totally different way. He didn't think big time payers should want to play here.

Reaction Score
I still don't think Edsall had anywhere near the recruiting potential of Diaco and Weist. He wasn't even trying to get the best players. He was a great recruiter but in a totally different way. He didn't think big time payers should want to play here.
Agree to a point...his issue was closing the deal with recruits. He was a very poor at that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom