Weird, not much love for KML. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Weird, not much love for KML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kaleena set some awesome screens for Stewie last night. Her defense was excellent, she hit the open shot and she did the dirty work on the boards and setting picks for other players. I was, let's say, extremely peeved when ESPN went on and on and on and on about Stewie and neglected to mention any other player. I knew KML had at least 10 points and was waiting to hear what she'd scored but apparently she's not on ESPN's Star Of The Moment list. :mad:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As great as Breanna is, and she may end up being as great as anyone who's ever suited up for Uconn, KML is going to be as bad as she wants to be these next two years. My favorite play of hers last night is one where she basically obliterated a Louisville player who tried to drive into the lane, thereby starting a fast break that put Uconn ahead for good. I can't wait to get home and watch that again.

Breanna and KML will be like fire and ice. Breanna will calmly destroy teams with a smile on her face, and KML will get everyone amped. And I can't wait.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Bria told Geno she wanted to come off the bench and provide that energy.
Personally, I think Bria just wanted Geno to start Caroline. And I think Geno wanted to continue starting Caroline. The two of them just came up with an excuse to do it.

Bria was amazing as the 6th man - she changed the game the minute she hit the floor. And from what I could tell, it appeared that she thrived in that role because she played some amazing games.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Amen. KML's games have become so blue collar. Just like her buddy.

KML is so smooth and automatic now that she makes even flashy runners and deep 3's look pedestrian...... :rolleyes:

I am thinking that next year's team might break the 1998-99 team's scoring record of 91.2 PPG. Really good teams often have 1 outstanding scorer (Angel McCoughtry comes to mind.) Great teams usually have two (Maya + Tina).

If you have three outstanding scorers, that can make for a legendary team. If either Stef or Bria cranks it up another notch next year, UCONN 2013-14 might well be legendary because with KML and Stewie you already have two outstanding scorers.

Reaction Score
Kaleena set some awesome screens for Stewie last night. Her defense was excellent, she hit the open shot and she did the dirty work on the boards and setting picks for other players. I was, let's say, extremely peeved when ESPN went on and on and on and on about Stewie and neglected to mention any other player. I knew KML had at least 10 points and was waiting to hear what she'd scored but apparently she's not on ESPN's Star Of The Moment list. :mad:

It was kind of annoying they gave KML no credit. I know why Stewie got the MVP, but Faris and KML both deserve it as well. Without those two, UCONN won't win that game. KML is still the best player on UCONN until Stewie can do what she did for a whole season. In other words, Stewie has to step it up when no one else is hitting their shots. That's the only way to be a big dog like Maya or Diana.

Reaction Score
The commentators (Doris) gave KML a lot of credit for those screens actually.

I actually think we win without one of KML, Bria, Stewart, or Kelly..playing as well as they did. We just wouldn't have blown both teams out. But as it turns out..we got four superstar performances.

Kaleena didn't get the recognition because she wasn't the senior, she wasn't the freshman, and she hadn't had a rough season.

Reaction Score
I love Stewie (LOVE her!) but please tell me who carried the team for about half the season.....UConn stats with high scorer & high rebounder
I agree with this Ms. Peel. Now that Kelly, Caroline and yes, Heather, are gone, the face of UConn is IMHO, KML. This does not take away anything from any of the other players. To play at UConn you need to have two characteristics: 1) you have to be good and 2) you have to know you are good. This is what sets these girls apart. Whatever these pundits write about these girls, means nothing to them. As fans, we need to be more like the players; it should mean nothing to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom