Weird, McEntee statistically had above average night. | The Boneyard

Weird, McEntee statistically had above average night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Average 52%, 6TDs, 4INTs
Tonight 53%, 2TDs, 0 INTs

Still I think McCummings or Nebrich should start. Haven't seen Nebrich much but I like McCummings.

Reaction Score
Average 52%, 6TDs, 4INTs
Tonight 53%, 2TDs, 0 INTs

Still I think McCummings or Nebrich should start. Haven't seen Nebrich much but I like McCummings.

I think you bring up an EXCELLENT point. Stats are part of the analysis puzzle, but an overrated part. There is something to be said for making plays at critical times-that doesn't necessarily get reflected in a stats sheet.

Kind of like in baseball when a team has a .300 hitter with very few RBI's, and who does little to get rallies going, as opposed to a .275 hitter who has a lot of 1 for 4 games, but gets those hits in the 7th inning and later that win, or setup wins.

Reaction Score
The garbage drive at the end helped his stats immensely as did a busted play where he picked up 62yds and a TD. Like coach RD stated, how many third and shorts did he have that weren't close? Even worse, he looked defeated on the field. That doesn't inspire confidence from your teammates.

Reaction Score
Played scared. Should've gotten the hook after the 1st quarter.

We weren't winning with the defensive performance put forth tonight anyway, but why in the world is neither McCummings or Nebrich getting any extended time?

Good things happened with McCummings in there tonight.

Reaction Score
Exactly - taking an avoidable sack doesn't count against completion percentage even though it's clearly worse than throwing the ball away. McEntee definitely took a few avoidable sacks tonight. Of course, hitting a receiver in the hands/chest and having him drop the football does count against completion percentage and that happened a few times tonight as well, so I guess I'll call it even.

Reaction Score
The runs Mac tried 2 do he shouldn't, the 1 he could have he didn't, u see why Coach Edsall didn't play the kid, time 2 give the other qb a chance

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I buried this comment in another thread, but he's a poor man's version of Jim Everett or Drew Bledsoe. Give him time and clear passing lanes and he's a good passer. Put pressure on him early and hit him a few times and he gets happy feet and poor mechanics the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
I can only quote Benjamen Disraeli..."there are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Reaction Score
Kind of like in baseball when a team has a .300 hitter with very few RBI's, and who does little to get rallies going, as opposed to a .275 hitter who has a lot of 1 for 4 games, but gets those hits in the 7th inning and later that win, or setup wins.

over a large enough sample size, this stuff gets flushed out.

unfortunately we don't get the luxury of a big enough sample in a college football season to truly know. so the stats can definitely be misleading

Reaction Score
He didn't look good early. He wasn't terrible the rest of the way but the progress is not fast enough for me at this point. It seems likely that he may not finish out as the starter if this continues.

That said, our coaches totally outthought themselves on the other side of the ball and were totally off with the plan on both sides imho. I like to be agressive, nornally, BUT this week I felt we needed to grind it out and make them beat us. We created holes on defense and an experienced QB found them easily. I felt we should have taken a more conservative (uck) approach until they proved they could beat us. We didn't, they did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I buried this comment in another thread, but he's a poor man's version of Jim Everett or Drew Bledsoe.

Not Bledsoe as much as Tony Eason. They both give up the play, duck and wait for the hit.

Reaction Score
Mac just doesn't make plays. I honestly can't think of a single time this season when he MADE a play. Maybe one of the runs against WVU (pre-fumble).

If the play is there, he will complete it about 50% of the time. If there isn't much there, he'll probably take a sack or throw an interceptable ball. But he never is the reason that something good happens.

I expect with Nebrich or McCummings, our amount of bad plays might increase. I also fully expect that our amount of good plays might increase. The season is a waste, so I would have no issue going Nebrich/McCummings in a timeshare one quarter on one quarter off just to get them time for next year, unless one really establishes himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom