Weird Game | The Boneyard

Weird Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what to say about this one. A comfortable win and the defense seemed to be the reason, albeit against a Tulane team that was also 1 contributor down.

Adams, Hamilton, Gibbs and Purvis were mostly non-existent. Great game for Miller offensively, as well as OC and Facey scoring off the bench. This offense seems to be regressing and even more stagnant each game, almost as if they've been over instructed on what to do as opposed to playing bball. Need more/better passing and off the ball movement.

I don't know much about GT but can't imagine this offensive offense will get the job done. Time to have another beer, enjoy the win, and hope for another on Saturday!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Definitely a weird game.

UConn was up 14 at half. Then we shot 26.1% in the second half while Tulane shot 36.4%. Yet UConn won by 18.

That shows how important getting to the line is. We need to stress that more.

Reaction Score
We have a hard time scoring, Adams zero? Miller has saved our butts this year. Ever see so many shots land short?

Reaction Score
We have a hard time scoring, Adams zero? Miller has saved our butts this year. Ever see so many shots land short?
I've tried to imagine during the last few games what this season would be like without miller and Gibbs. It would be really ugly potentially. Granted they are all still adapting to each other and Hamilton is a different player without AB, but the offense just seems difficult at all times.

Reaction Score
Perhaps trap game, traveling and school starting. Something wasn't right.

Reaction Score
Our three guards were a combined 2-17 and had one assist apiece. Hopefully, we won't see that ever again.
Off nights from 2 of our big 4 (Dham, Purvis, Gibbs, Miller) seem to be a regular thing. If they ever can all get it clicking on the offensive end...

Defense up to 13th in defensive efficiency per KenPom. When Brimah comes back we will be a top 5 defense in the nation.

Reaction Score
Didn't see the game but when I saw the score I figured I'd see some positivity round these parts

Guess not lol

Reaction Score
There was absolutely ZERO energy at the XL Center. Lord have mercy. All games should be at Gampel!!!!

Reaction Score
The way i saw it Tulane scored 42 pts because they couldn't hit the ocean from a boat. Lost track of how many open shots they had but I know it was a lot.

Reaction Score
This is a jump shooting team. If they are going in we look great. If not we struggle. We really need to commit to attacking the paint.

Tonight we pulled away when we decided to drive and draw fouls.

And Tulane does flat out stink.

Reaction Score

I notice that many of Dham's misses are short, not sure why. It's too early in the season to blame it on being tired, we need him to break out of it soon.

Reaction Score
the defense won the game for them. the only reason that Tulane stayed close for a time in the 2nd half is that Dabney caught fire for a bit and nailed a few threes and UCONN was in their usual funk of playing sloppy.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The next opponent is beating the #5 team in the country (Xavier) by double digits on the road. About 4 minutes to go.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
At least we held them to their lowest scoring total of the season.

Reaction Score
The game just felt flat and kind of dead in general. Doesn't help that it was broadcast on overseas pirate radio with Pete "Eggs Benedict" Gillen announcing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm happy to win via defense. Yeah, I want the offense to get going, but if we can turn into a lock down D team, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
There was absolutely ZERO energy at the XL Center. Lord have mercy. All games should be at Gampel!!!!
What happened to Hartford ,that place use to Rock.
We had some of our biggest wins in the history of the program in front of incredible crowds at that place. Has the state's love affair with UConn basketball died? Did all the negative press UConn got for years take its toll or is it the lack of recognizable opponents?
I don't think blaming the venue really gets at the problem.

Reaction Score
Thankfully Georgetown isn't bringing Patrick Ewing and David Wingate with them Saturday.

Reaction Score
What happened to Hartford ,that place use to Rock.
We had some of our biggest wins in the history of the program in front of incredible crowds at that place. Has the state's love affair with UConn basketball died? Did all the negative press UConn got for years take its toll or is it the lack of recognizable opponents?
I don't think blaming the venue really gets at the problem.

I just think nobody is willing to pay money to see us play such bad teams. Heck, teams like East Carolina and Tulane are playing in Hartford. No doubt in my mind if we were in the Big 10 and Michigan State or Indiana were playing in Hartford, every game would be at least 85-90% full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom