Weight Lifted off UCONN Football Program (Player Thoughts) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Weight Lifted off UCONN Football Program (Player Thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm getting a tad sick of hearing this. We know how dreadful the P regime was. We know the players love Diaco and the culture is changing.

All of it means sheet if we don't start winning games. We don't need to win 7 games this year, but I want to see all of this talk translate on the field. Cause if it doesn't, it doesn't mean jack.
Where's the beef?

upload_2014-8-15_14-20-51.jpeg

Reaction Score
Does leadership matter? You better believe it. He's even got these guys using the same words... "family, fellowship,..." In CFB , motivation and belief is the great equalizer. I expect great things just because of that alone. He is also working on building a winning character so they can weather the ups and down that will come. If they have a semblance of execution and discipline, they will be way, way ahead of where they were.

Reaction Score
I'm getting a tad sick of hearing this. We know how dreadful the P regime was. We know the players love Diaco and the culture is changing.

All of it means sheet if we don't start winning games. We don't need to win 7 games this year, but I want to see all of this talk translate on the field. Cause if it doesn't, it doesn't mean jack.
If they feel the same way after the season we will be on the right track. That said, I love hearing it anytime.

Reaction Score
Don't misunderstand my comment to mean that I'm not pumped for the season. Quite the opposite actually. I'm done with the talking. In exactly 2 weeks from this second I'll be packing up my car. I'm ready for action. No more talking.

• Have you ever played offensive line? We could use you! Seriously, We all believe in Diaco: fans, coaches, players. Don't worry Jimmy, in two weeks, it's jello time! It's gonna happen.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I know of quite a few horror stories. I'm confident that Nostical, Sportsart and Solocup know them as well.

That said I want the past to remain in the past. I won't question any comments made by the kids who were involved but those of us on the outside (who were not personally attacked/abused by the prior coaching leadership) should be able to move on at this point.

Reaction Score
Wow, I hope we can keep coach D around for a long time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll take this as a very positive sign.

A large part of the job for Diaco has been team building from within and this trip should lead to future buy in from the players.

And I take this as a positive sign because no football coach has ever sacrificed a needed practice day for a team building exercise.

To me this means the staff has settled on the 2-deep, player conditioning and anything else they could get out of another practice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's a ball possession exercise. Lose your hat on Bizzaro, run a mile. Leave it at the fried dough stand, run a mile. Get cotton candy stuck to it and BD will break his foot off in your , and then you'll run a mile.

It's times like this I miss HFD to ask why they aren't blue. But seriously, this needs to become a thing. If a hairy scrotum costume can inspire a good season, certainly a cool lid can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom