Weight Lifted off UCONN Football Program (Player Thoughts) | The Boneyard

Weight Lifted off UCONN Football Program (Player Thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm getting a tad sick of hearing this. We know how dreadful the P regime was. We know the players love Diaco and the culture is changing.

All of it means sheet if we don't start winning games. We don't need to win 7 games this year, but I want to see all of this talk translate on the field. Cause if it doesn't, it doesn't mean jack.

Reaction Score
It's pretty darn clear that college football is a lot different than professional football. When college football is done right, that is, the way that was done at UCONN in the past, and the way it seems it's being done again.

The only thing left to see is what our talent level, speed, aggressiveness, strength and endurance mentally and physically on the field really is. I'm hopeful that BYU is in for a real test and we come out with a win.

I hope we steamroll Stony Brook, and beat that FCS team like an FCS team should be beaten, like a rented mule. -copyright previous noted

I hope by the time Boise State is coming to Rentschler, that there is no reason whatsoever, to do anything, but continue to look forward to achieving greater and bigger things.

Truth is, it's all fine and good, the things were seeing, hearing but true character doesn't show up until you get punched in the face.

We'll see what character this team has when they start facing adversity.

I cannot wait. My tailgate stuff is already put together and ready to go in my garage.

Reaction Score
I'm getting a tad sick of hearing this. We know how dreadful the P regime was. We know the players love Diaco and the culture is changing.

All of it means sheet if we don't start winning games. We don't need to win 7 games this year, but I want to see all of this talk translate on the field. Cause if it doesn't, it doesn't mean jack.

It will stop once the season starts and there is something more tangible to talk about.

But the sheer fact that it comes up just indicates that the scar tissue left behind by Pasqualoni was significant.

Reaction Score

Uh - let's at least get to the 1st game before the don't mean sheet. Seems to be missed on you that all this talk of "better culture/strength training/preparation/etc. is building to winning games 'cause the guys who need to be doing it on the field are sayin' it.

Reaction Score
Uh - let's at least get to the 1st game before the don't mean sheet. Seems to be missed on you that all this talk of "better culture/strength training/preparation/etc. is building to winning games 'cause the guys who need to be doing it on the field are sayin' it.

They all said wonderful things about P as well publicly.

Reaction Score

We know how dreadful the PP era was, but we did not experience what the players did. I liken it to an innocent group being paroled from prison after being water boarded for 2.5 years.

It never gets old.

Reaction Score

What they said about PP was more cliche and some what forced. They never said anything near to what they are saying about Diaco and company. Not even close.

Reaction Score

I understand your point completely. Talk is talk, and it's cheap. We're still 2 weeks away though Jimmy. People are pumped up for a new season, and they're looking for things to be pumped up about. Let them get pumped, you might even want to try to do some pumping yourself. Don't prepare for failure, prepare for success.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think these articles are written more for the casual fan on the fence about buying tickets this year. Believe it or not, there are people out there who think Pasqualoni is still coaching the team and/or UCONN football is on the same exact negative spiral that it was under the old regime. It's never a bad thing to separate, as much as possible, the difference between the old coaching staff and the new. Hopefully, it translates into fans coming back to the Rent. UCONN desperately needs the fan support this season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Do you think any player listened to a thing P said after the a second 5-7 season? The answer is obviously not.

Reaction Score
I understand your point completely. Talk is talk, and it's cheap. We're still 2 weeks away though Jimmy. People are pumped up for a new season, and they're looking for things to be pumped up about. Let them get pumped, you might even want to try to do some pumping yourself. Don't prepare for failure, prepare for success.

Don't misunderstand my comment to mean that I'm not pumped for the season. Quite the opposite actually. I'm done with the talking. In exactly 2 weeks from this second I'll be packing up my car. I'm ready for action. No more talking.

Reaction Score
bucket+filler+sign+3.JPG

I don't know about you, buy my energy bucket is full from all the rainbows and s h # t

Reaction Score
Don't misunderstand my comment to mean that I'm not pumped for the season. Quite the opposite actually. I'm done with the talking. In exactly 2 weeks from this second I'll be packing up my car. I'm ready for action. No more talking.

Keep pumping. :)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
anyone know where i can buy the bucket hat diaco wears at practice? just looked online and didn't find one anywhere

Reaction Score
It will stop once the season starts and there is something more tangible to talk about.

But the sheer fact that it comes up just indicates that the scar tissue left behind by Pasqualoni was significant.
Scar Tissue BS, it is still a huge scab that is healing slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom