Weekly Recruiting Update | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2015 SG Arkel Ager just told me he will also be at Midnight Madness. The list is updated in my weekly update.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
3uconn,

From the outside looking in, I'm perplexed why we're still recruiting Swift and Lyle, but pulled back on Robinson and earlier on Chapman. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Reaction Score
3uconn,

From the outside looking in, I'm perplexed why we're still recruiting Swift and Lyle, but pulled back on Robinson and earlier on Chapman. What are your thoughts?

Thanks
With Swift it's not like we just started recruiting him out of nowhere. We were on him as soon as he de-committed from Xavier so we have been in it as long as every other school and we are at the top of his list. With Lyle we were so on him as soon as he de-committed from Louisville. However, with us getting Cassell Jr. I would say we are done with Lyle most likely but it's to soon to know definitively.

We stopped recruiting Robinson because he only wants to play SF. At this point the staff will only take a big but that could eventually change next spring. We are on Swift because he is open to playing SF and PF unlike Robinson. For Chatman we stopped recruiting him a while ago then started recruiting him a little bit again. At that point when the staff started going after him again they found out or were told that Chatman was much more likely to go to Michigan, where he committed, or any of the other 3 schools he was considering and it would be a waste of time to continue recruiting him.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
With Swift it's not like we just started recruiting him out of nowhere. We were on him as soon as he de-committed from Xavier so we have been in it as long as every other school and we are at the top of his list. With Lyle we were so on him as soon as he de-committed from Louisville. However, with us getting Cassell Jr. I would say we are done with Lyle most likely but it's to soon to know definitively.

We stopped recruiting Robinson because he only wants to play SF. At this point the staff will only take a big but that could eventually change next spring. We are on Swift because he is open to playing SF and PF unlike Robinson. For Chatman we stopped recruiting him a while ago then started recruiting him a little bit again. At that point when the staff started going after him again they found out or were told that Chatman was much more likely to go to Michigan, where he committed, or any of the other 3 schools he was considering and it would be a waste of time to continue recruiting him.

I feely strangely enlightened. Thanks

Reaction Score

People can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that we are recruiting Swift over Robinson. But you stated perfectly as to why we have moved on.

Now hopefully people use your posts as a resource for information instead of ignoring and complaining about what the coaching staff is doing without any valid facts to back up their position.

Thanks and good job.

Reaction Score
I don't think its a certainty that the staff actually wants Swift...

People can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that we are recruiting Swift over Robinson. But you stated perfectly as to why we have moved on.

Now hopefully people use your posts as a resource for information instead of ignoring and complaining about what the coaching staff is doing without any valid facts to back up their position.

Thanks and good job.

Reaction Score
Both Swift and his high school coach have told me he's still being recruited by UConn. Visit is in the works as of now. I haven't seen or been told anything to suggest that he isn't.

love the research. keep up the good work. Speculation can be fun at times, but facts are better.

Reaction Score
Both Swift and his high school coach have told me he's still being recruited by UConn. Visit is in the works as of now. I haven't seen or been told anything to suggest that he isn't.

This "visit" is eerily similar to Jeff Newberry's. Which never happened because Uconn wasn't actually interested.

Reaction Score
3uconn...great info! Your updates and summaries are really helpful....almost like hearing from someone on the staff! Keep up the great work!

Reaction Score
So after just checking twitter I just saw this:
@NDkendrick: Uconn, Baylor, Indiana, Memphis, Oregon, K.State are currently in the race for 2014 H-Prep guard JaQuan Lyle

Then he's predicting him to commit to UConn:
@NDkendrick: So let’s do this. Let me pick the Indiana 2014s that re-opened and are still open: JB/Indiana, JL/Uconn, TB/Xavier, TL/Kentucky. My 2 cents.

I just don't see the staff taking him but I could be wrong. Staffs saying they now only will take a big and he had been questioned academically which is keeping many schools out of his recruitment.

Reaction Score
having 3, potentially 4 combo guards that all want time at the point to improve their NBA draft stock makes total sense. team chemistry might take a monster hit though.

Reaction Score
What is the deal on Beaufort? Are we actually recruiting him? if so, how hard? I see he has offers from Baylor, Providence, etc & is being recruited by schools like Kansas.. So what's the deal? Seems like he is begging for a Uconn offer.

Reaction Score
What is the deal on Beaufort? Are we actually recruiting him? if so, how hard? I see he has offers from Baylor, Providence, etc & is being recruited by schools like Kansas.. So what's the deal? Seems like he is begging for a Uconn offer.

He is definitely not being recruited by Kansas. And I don't think his interest in Uconn is being reciprocated.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Just going by what I saw on TOS..

TOS are painfully slow to update a recruit's school choices. Verbal Commits is more reliable when it comes to that. That being said, it seems like Kahari is being recruited by Florida International, Canisius, and Cal State Bakersfield.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You should get a boatload of likes for keeping up on this and keeping us informed. Thanks! Quite a crew visiting for 1st night. Add in the 3 or 4 recruits on the women's side and there will be about 10 recruits all total visiting us that weekend. Hope everyone makes it out for the free show. I also hope they hype it all over campus and get a ton of students there. Would much rather see more crazy students than the more mellow old farts who go to the women's games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom