Week of Dec. 16-22 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of Dec. 16-22

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well if UW can play like this, they can actually win some games I think. Leading Vandy 49-38 at halftime. Their 3 best players are all scoring, which I don't think has happened simultaneously all year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
4-19 shooting in Q3 for Washington. I've seen this routine before. Clinging to a 59-56 lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum is in the house again. She's been at several UW games this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Abysmal offense by UW in second half. Tied at 72, going to OT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And Vandy gets a hook shot in the lane w/ .4 left. Lost in OT, only managed 2 points. I need to stop watching them play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sadh.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
10-35 shooting and 2-17 behind the arc in the 2nd half.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I missed this game and it looks like I missed a good one. It was the tale of 2 halves (plus OT.

I just heard the radio guy say that Koi Love has hit a career high in 3 consecutive games now.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh, they count. And so far as I can tell, to the game limit as well. What they don't count towards is the various calculations the NCAA uses in seeding the NCAA tournament. But, unlike "exhibition" games, the records (win/loss and players scoring) do count.

And they became very popular a few years ago, seem especially bad this year. It isn't (mostly) the P5 teams doing it, they just schedule dreadful D1 teams when they are so minded. OTH - for the lower level teams - this seems to be their equivalent of scheduling down.

Someone described Southern as win-less, they are not. They beat Tougalou and Wiley. Their record is 2-8, officially. Oddly enough, while Rutgers was beating Southern, Arizona was playing Tennessee State - with its only win over Wilberforce, although they have since beaten Fisk.

Prairie View is another team with wins over Texas A&M Kingsville and the infamous Wiley - only.
I don't believe this Guelph game does count toward Notre Dame's game total. ND had already played 12 official games coming into this, with 3 of those games coming as part of the "multi-team event" in Cancun. When you add their 18 regular-season ACC games, that puts them right at the maximum 27 regular-season games + the 3 MTE games. The Guelph game, if it counted, would put them over that limit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I missed this game and it looks like I missed a good one. It was the tale of 2 halves (plus OT.

I just heard the radio guy say that Koi Love has hit a career high in 3 consecutive games now.

She was a problem throughout the game off the dribble drive. Fasoula had a nice game too.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She was a problem throughout the game off the dribble drive. Fasoula had a nice game too.
Both teams played well, from what I gather. Sorry I missed this one. Too bad this wasn't on the network, otherwise I could go back and watch it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't believe this Guelph game does count toward Notre Dame's game total. ND had already played 12 official games coming into this, with 3 of those games coming as part of the "multi-team event" in Cancun. When you add their 18 regular-season ACC games, that puts them right at the maximum 27 regular-season games + the 3 MTE games. The Guelph game, if it counted, would put them over that limit.
That is correct. It was an exhibition - not even on the schedule I compiled of ND's regular season games pre-season. Rutgers some years back played an exhibition shortly before the holidays as well. But "most" of the games we were discussing against the lower level teams (and even NAIA) are regular games. Better teams will rarely schedule more than one, if that. But it is quite common for the lower level teams - maybe their chance to get a few (ideally) "sure" wins in the OOC.

FWIW - ND web site calls it "Christmas Themed Exhibition". The mind boggles.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Iowa State-Northern Iowa game, now in the 1st quarter, will be the last D1 WCBB game until Saturday, Dec. 28. That's five whole days with no games! I'm feeling unprepared for the withdrawal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Iowa State-Northern Iowa game, now in the 1st quarter, will be the last D1 WCBB game until Saturday, Dec. 28. That's five whole days with no games! I'm feeling unprepared for the withdrawal.

Plenty of college football

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plenty of college football
Eh, none of the games until Friday look particularly juicy. UCF-Marshall and Pitt-Eastern Michigan don't exactly sound enthralling.

I think men's college basketball will be decent with the Diamond Head Classic going on.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Iowa State hits a 3 to take a 2-point lead at end of 3Q over Northern Iowa. Ashley Joens already has 16 points and 12 rebounds. But UNI is hanging tough.

I appreciate the fact that Fennelly plays the strong in-state mid-majors UNI and Drake. Unlike the p5 head coaches in Florida who have consistently refused to schedule FGCU and USF.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This ISU-UNI game is on fire. Cyclones looked like they were gonna run away with it, up 8 early in 4Q. And then UNI responded with a 11-0 run to take a 3-point lead at the media timeout.

I gotta give credit to this crowd in Ames. They really turn out for their WBB team. They are vocal and constantly "helping" the refs.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Northern Iowa gets its first-ever win at Hilton Coliseum, 71-63.

Total 180 momentum flip early in 4Q. ISU went on an 11-0 run to take an 8-point lead, and then UNI answered with a 16-0 run over a nearly 7-minute stretch to flip the scoreboard. The turning point was UNI's switch to a trapping defense that sped up ISU and forced them into rushed shots. Great coaching job by Tanya Warren.

Northern Iowa has now beaten both Iowa and Iowa State, and their 3 losses are to Ohio State, Creighton and Alabama. They'll open the Missouri Valley season at Drake on Jan. 3.

Iowa State's 3 losses are to their in-state rivals (Drake, Iowa, Northern Iowa). The Cyclones have a win over Alabama but not much else for their resume. They'll need some good wins in the Big 12 to get to the NCAAs.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom