Week of 3/4/24 Other Games | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/4/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If Devin Carter isn't throwing himself to the floor after a missed shot, even money says he's rubbing a body part as if it is about to fall off.
I have formed the belief that he does exactly this. I can specifically remember the body part in three games I've seen him play this year, even blanking out on the second one last night.

Knee when Georgetown visited w/Cooley in January. Close to game's end.

Did not make a strong impression on me in the 1st UConn game.

Thumb against Villanova for certain.

Shoulder last night against UConn. Then later, something else I can't remember. This was after I'd already identified it as a thing he does.

In none of the instances was there a foul called nor was any announcer comment made until the camera focused on his self-massage, and then they remarked. Never a replay to show if something happened. And Carter went over to a ref after the shoulder 'incident.'

There are many things he does well, but I'm of increasing belief that these non-visible injuries, and the wincing & running in their aftermath are a dubious 'extra' that he adds to each game. My suspicions are raised, and I'll now watch more closely.

Reaction Score
Some middling 14 loss b10 team will get in over them like all those other cases. Indiana St 100 percent deserves in.
Drake’s profile is a lot easier to defend as an at-large. Moot point now.

Indiana State has a .500 record against quads 1 & 2 and ran up their record in Q3 & Q4 for 22-1. Can’t say they didn’t have opps either, 1-4 Q1 (Bradley) & 4-1 Q2.

They’ll be nail biting next Sunday and there will be a team that got a better marquee win or two.

Reaction Score
With Indiana, it's not a question of whether, but how they choke away this game against Michigan State.

This is why you don't guarantee a coach is going to return before the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain why Michigan St is considered to be relatively safe on the right side of the bubble? 14 losses assuming they don’t win the Big Ten Tournament is far from an at large resume. Hope they give the spot to Indiana St.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Can someone explain why Michigan St is considered to be relatively safe on the right side of the bubble? 14 losses assuming they don’t win the Big Ten Tournament is far from an at large resume. Hope they give the spot to Indiana St.
Preseason bias and media fawns over Tom izzo

Reaction Score
Preseason bias and media fawns over Tom izzo
In addition: Some convincing wins over Baylor, Illinois and Indiana State as well as a strong strength of schedule. The NET likes Michigan State.

Having said that, they really wanted to win at Indiana. Now they are looking at the 8-9 game as a No. 8 seed for the Spartans and a win means having to face No. 1 seed Purdue. Realistically, they are not going to build the resume beating The Ohio State University and then losing to Purdue.

So, probably will get in due to the Izzo comments after all but with a high seeding.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have formed the belief that he does exactly this. I can specifically remember the body part in three games I've seen him play this year, even blanking out on the second one last night.

Knee when Georgetown visited w/Cooley in January. Close to game's end.

Did not make a strong impression on me in the 1st UConn game.

Thumb against Villanova for certain.

Shoulder last night against UConn. Then later, something else I can't remember. This was after I'd already identified it as a thing he does.

In none of the instances was there a foul called nor was any announcer comment made until the camera focused on his self-massage, and then they remarked. Never a replay to show if something happened. And Carter went over to a ref after the shoulder 'incident.'

There are many things he does well, but I'm of increasing belief that these non-visible injuries, and the wincing & running in their aftermath are a dubious 'extra' that he adds to each game. My suspicions are raised, and I'll now watch more closely.
He got some Italian soccer training

Reaction Score
They're absolutely on the bubble now. Their predicative metrics are still strong, but this loss is going to put their resume metrics into bubble territory, and once you're on the bubble those resume metrics are more important than their power metrics. WAB updated at 60, SOR was 42 and KPI 37 before this result should push them both into the 40s. 9-13 in first 2 quads.

Reaction Score
In addition: Some convincing wins over Baylor, Illinois and Indiana State as well as a strong strength of schedule. The NET likes Michigan State.

Having said that, they really wanted to win at Indiana. Now they are looking at the 8-9 game as a No. 8 seed for the Spartans and a win means having to face No. 1 seed Purdue. Realistically, they are not going to build the resume beating The Ohio State University and then losing to Purdue.

So, probably will get in due to the Izzo comments after all but with a high seeding.
Did you forget you’re logged in with this account or something?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Indiana is looking better as the year goes, still not great for their level of talent...but better than they were in January.

Illinois has no rim protection but they can win 2-4 games in the tournament with Shannon, Domask and Coleman.

Reaction Score
Not really on topic, buuuuut.......

What the hell is going on with the LSU womens' team? Good lord, Kim Mulkey completely lost control of her team earlier today. One of her player's relatives jumped the scorers table to get involved in an on-court conflagration and got cuffed for his trouble.....what a disaster.

South Carolina beat them pretty much straight up and down the floor and I guess that wasn't the story LSU wanted to writeHead bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom