Week after next. Nebrich era over. Let the McCummings era begin. | The Boneyard

Week after next. Nebrich era over. Let the McCummings era begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Might as well get this one started.

When you have three marginal QBs, you don't really have a QB. This is a DJ or Bones triumvirate.

Reaction Score
Clearly we can't win because Jeff Hathaway isn't the AD anymore...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Can't expect dominant performances out of any of them. I don't think anyone ever thought we could. Just need to find the one that has the best combination of upside and has the ability to mange the offense. That doesn't necessarily mean the one with the highest upside or the one that has the best ability to manage the offense now, because if they were the same person then we wouldn't even have this debate.

Reaction Score
I lol'd. It's not so much a swipe at the players as it is to the Boneyarders who are ready to make judgments on people after one game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

When you have three marginal QBs, you don't really have a QB. This is a DJ or Bones triumvirate.

I would take DJ or Bones right now. DJ just never got any decent coaching, and Bones was not a terrible QB except he was always hurt because he never ran out of bounds or slid.

Maybe one of the Moore's can play QB after McCummings flames out against WMU.

Reaction Score

Yeah ... I don't get this.

Bigtime D1a Quarterbacking is not something you just walk into. Both Nebrich & McCummings haven't shown lack of capacity to be good. McEntee, in my view, proved he lacks the confidence & panicked. The game WAS too fast for him. I'd rather go in another direction. And, I don't think you can label either of the two kids ... Bones, DJ, or any other comparison right now.

Reaction Score
Bones was not a terrible QB except he was always hurt ...

I just watched a Bones game against SU. He was great ... until he separated his shoulder. I thought everything about his 2 quarters (a little less actually) was solid. And, DJ then came in and played well.

Both looked far better than Johnny.

And ... still ... you cannot label either Nebrich or McCummings. You just don't know.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Wiscy, you missed the courant.com chat where people were already throwing JMac/Nebrich/McCummings to the lions and anointing Casey Cochran as the next coming of Joe Montana.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wiscy, you missed the courant.com chat where people were already throwing JMac/Nebrich/McCummings to the lions and anointing Casey Cochran as the next coming of Joe Montana.

The cycle of life. Box was the next big thing a couple of years ago. And Des will say, "The coaches really seem to like this kid."

Reaction Score
I said a while ago that this was going to be a transitional year. I'm more than convinced of that now. We'll just have to see how it goes at quarterback, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if we: A. bring in a JUCO quarterback next year; B. see a change, probably at halftime, to Nebrich come Friday. We've burned his redshirt, might as well put him in the game and see if he is the guy; C. bring in a bunch of recievers. We are desperate for someone who makes plays at that position...and someone who is in position to make them.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm for throwing the other guy(s) under the bus.... as long as he (the proposed new guy) gets us out of the recession, reduces national debt and creates a lot of jobs I'm all for him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom