Week 9 games (Jan. 18-24) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 9 games (Jan. 18-24)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My goodness..... The Blue Hose lead the Panthers 50-49 with 3;52 left in the game :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the upset of the year so far in the Big South. #37 HPU falls to defeat to the Blue Hose of Presbyterian 65-56..... and with it.. its10 game winning streak is snapped. When the Presbyterians and Methodists battle.. throw out the record books... anything can happen...

sad panther.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In the upset of the year so far in the Big South. #37 HPU falls to defeat to the Blue Hose of Presbyterian 65-56..... and with it.. its10 game winning streak is snapped. When the Presbyterians and Methodists battle.. throw out the record books... anything can happen...
It would be a huge undertaking, but it would be really interesting to compile the results of all of these back to back games against the same opponent, once the season is over. Probably gonna be a lot more splits of the series than one team winning both.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It would be a huge undertaking, but it would be really interesting to compile the results of all of these back to back games against the same opponent, once the season is over. Probably gonna be a lot more splits of the series than one team winning both.
Don't try telling that to Robert Morris!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls gets back in the win column, 67-56, over New Orleans. The Lady Colonels now 4-8 on the season, 4-2 in the Southland, good enough for third place in the conference.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't try telling that to Robert Morris!
Fresno St. takes both games against Boise St. Broncos went from leading the Mountain West to definitely not in first place in a hurry.

Maybe there are more sweeps in these situations than I thought.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

View attachment 63864
Clearly couldn't handle the pressure of being selected by a broad range of voters one faithless elector as the 37th-ranked team in the nation.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado @ Arizona scheduled for Sunday the 24th has been postponed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So over on ESPN+ is 2nd place UCF vs. 4th place Houston with 2 min left in the 3rd Quarter 26-20! I am sooo glad to be out of the American. That is just a putrid game. At least the Big East 2nd (DePaul) and 4th place (Seton Hall) teams are more respectful representatives than this junk.
I get the negative visceral response on the pure aesthetics of it, but let's not forget that both UCF and Houston have laid waste to multiple so-called "power 5" teams this season, and what you've witnessed today is mainly the UCF "win ugly" factor, which is their specialty.

Pretty play and effective play are not always the same thing. I have no doubt that that the UCF Knights would beat at least two-thirds of the so-called "power 5" teams this season. I don't love watching them either, but their hard-nosed play under coach Abe makes them a tough out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Milwaukee and IUPUI are doing the back to back matchup thing. Game 2 is in double OT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Our friend @azfan 's Northern Arizona team lost to Montana St. again, got thumped today. They are completely out of the Big Sky race at 4-6. Idaho St. won again to improve to 10-0.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You can't stop Cal Baptist! 6-0 in the WAC and 14-0 overall.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Milwaukee edges IUPUI by 2 in double OT. Maybe there are a lot more sweeps in these back to backs than I originally thought.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
You can't stop Cal Baptist! 6-0 in the WAC and 14-0 overall.
Of their opponents, only 1, UC-Irvine has a winning record and two others (Utah Valley and Cal Poly) have 0.500 records. Don't really know what to make of Cal Baptist. I mean...do I need to consider them for a spot in my BY Top 25?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Of their opponents, only 1, UC-Irvine has a winning record and two others (Utah Valley and Cal Poly) have 0.500 records. Don't really know what to make of Cal Baptist. I mean...do I need to consider them for a spot in my BY Top 25?
I don't know either, I haven't seen them play at all. I know their schedule is fairly weak. Still not a lot of undefeated teams left.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I get the negative visceral response on the pure aesthetics of it, but let's not forget that both UCF and Houston have laid waste to multiple so-called "power 5" teams this season, and what you've witnessed today is mainly the UCF "win ugly" factor, which is their specialty.

Pretty play and effective play are not always the same thing. I have no doubt that that the UCF Knights would beat at least two-thirds of the so-called "power 5" teams this season. I don't love watching them either, but their hard-nosed play under coach Abe makes them a tough out.
I think you under estimate my feelings of despise for USF, probably irrational but hey...

In looking as the season evolves, i am not sure either USF (a smoking hot LSU team :rolleyes:) nor Houston (Aub is also playing better, OK not so much) wins those games. I will gladly matchup the Big East 2-5 vs. the AAC 2-5 and predict the BE gets a sweep. USF would be interesting with DePaul, but then again they are #1 in the AAC. Seton Hall with AEH is better than any of the 2-5, Marquette May struggle with coach Abe’s mugstyle ball, but Meg’s teams can shoot, something that is foreign to USF. Villanova would beat anyone not named USF and would give UCF all they could handle and then some as Maddie Siegrist would be the best player on the court.
A combined league would look like UConn, DePaul, USF, SH, Villanova, UCF, Marquette, Temple, Tulane Houston.

I was being Kind with UCF as I know you have a soft spot for Coach Abe...

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sunday has 2 very good games to start the day off:
#16 Indiana vs. #21 Northwestern 12 pm ESPN2
#12 Kentucky vs.#25 Tennessee 2 pm ESPN2

Big Ten games are hard to come by for me so I am pumped for this
I hope Tennessee plays with the same effort with better shooting against Kentucky as I actually think they can goon a run.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clearly couldn't handle the pressure of being selected by a broad range of voters one faithless elector as the 37th-ranked team in the nation.

webe.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can Utah finally win another game? Up 10-2 early against Arizona St.

edit--15-7 thru Q1. What is it w/ Pac 12 teams having sub 10 point quarters lately?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kemery Martin going nuts, she's matched ASU all by herself. She has 23. 45-23 Utes mid Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU made a run, but too little too late. Utah wins 65-51. 25 for Martin on 10-12 shooting, 5-5 behind the arc.

Reaction Score
Our friend @azfan 's Northern Arizona team lost to Montana St. again, got thumped today. They are completely out of the Big Sky race at 4-6. Idaho St. won again to improve to 10-0.
Absolutely. I know coach Payne was extremely disappointed with the effort in both of these games. It translated into very ineffective defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom