Week 9 game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 9 game thread

Reaction Score
The AAC, Liberty and BYU have made a lot of headway navigating COVID and catapulting it’s teams into the fray. With Alabama, Clemson and OSU ahead and ND or Clemson or Georgia at one loss, Cincy looks like it will be relegated to 5, assuming they win out. Not sure what happens with the Playoffs given that it you can’t treat all teams equal that only play a few games (i.e., Oregon with no games at 12 and Wisconsin at 1-0 at 10).
Honestly if Cincy finishes at 5, that's a huge accomplishment for them as really the only competition in SMU and Memphis. The rest of the league is average to terrible at best.

Reaction Score
Honestly if Cincy finishes at 5, that's a huge accomplishment for them as really the only competition in SMU and Memphis. The rest of the league is average to terrible at best.
Without UConn there are no terrible teams in the AAC. Even lowly USF is 117 which is well ahead of any recent UConn team. Then again 117 is pretty bad so maybe they are terrible. Guess AAC is lucky to get rid of UConn so they don't have any super-duper beyond just mere terrible teams.

Reaction Score
UCF is pretty good too. The Pac-12 is the real wild card. They're playing a very short schedule. Georgia will likely lose to Bama again so they'll be a 2-loss team.

Reaction Score

The other thing that plays well for Cincy is they had a convincing win over Army who has a chance to win out and have a one loss season. They're in the coaches poll now. Cincy needs Clemson to beat ND which in most years would likely be a no brainer, but without Lawrence and given they've been up and down not a slam dunk. However, Dabo doesn't lose a lot of big games, and my guess is he wants to get it back on track.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCF is pretty good too. The Pac-12 is the real wild card. They're playing a very short schedule. Georgia will likely lose to Bama again so they'll be a 2-loss team.
Only way I see Cincy getting is if Georgia loses twice and ND and OSU lose also.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Only way I see Cincy getting is if Georgia loses twice and ND and OSU lose also.
Well UGA is losing this weekend, and if they don’t they’ll get pasted in Atlanta to end the year. ND will lose to Clemson twice.

OSU isn‘t losing but they don’t need them to. Cinci is up against UGA, ND, Oregon, and maybe TAMU for that fourth spot. Possibly BYU too because old football coaches love them some BYU.

Reaction Score
That’s about right. ND loses. Georgia has to lose another. If not, they will shoehorn Georgia in. If OSU loses they get the usual 1 loss pass.

Reaction Score
One thing for certain even if Cincy can't run the table and get to the playoff the attention is definitely benefitting the recruiting. I follow these recruiting updates, and they got a 4 star likely tight end to decommit from Miami and head to Cincy a few weeks back, and today i see they got a Baylor wr commit to flip to Cincy as well. Look at the offer sheets for these kids and it's pretty clear they're recruiting way above the g5 level. There's nothing like national attention, but Fickell and his assistants clearly are advantageous in making it work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom