Week 8 | The Boneyard

Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is under way. Come on you Spurs!

City v Spurs is the top match of the day. Spurs already ahead of last years game at City where they conceded a goal I the first 13 seconds enroutet to a 6-0 loss. Hopefully they avoid the red card fiasco that seems to hamstring them v top 4 sides

Reaction Score
awful giveaway by Lamela at top of the 18. Soon as it happened You knew it would lead to a goal.

Great comeback by Spurs to equalize a minute later. Mason is going to be a player. Soldado with a perfect feed for Ericksen who finished professionally.
1-1.

Reaction Score
And there it is. The obligatory PK conceded by Spurs v top 4 side. Yet another AWFUL call by the ref Bulsh1t call in a bullsh1t position.
2-1 City 20th minute.

Reaction Score
We're in Unchartered territory, Spurs concede a 2nd PK in the first half. This one saved by Lloris this time. Awful attempt by Aguero missing out on the hat trick.

Reaction Score
And there is the obligatory red card to Spurs to make it an official Spurs v top 4 side story. Legit call. 3-1 City.

City's first two goals should never have been allowed by the official.
1- Lampard obviously in anoff-side position on Aguero's shot, obstructing Lloris - not called.
2- Ridiculous dive by Lampard in top corner of the box called a Penalty which Aguero converts.

Spurs have had their chances and for most of 2nd half have outplayed City (now down to 10, tough to overcome 2 goal deficit). This said, Lamela and Soldado have been instrumental in this eventual defeat. Lamela mistakes leading to the first two Citygoals and Soldado with an awful PK and missing a couple point blank opportunities.

Reaction Score
Poor Spurs. That team is growing on me.

Sunderland is being taken to the woodshed by Southhampton. 3-0 first half.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Aguero w/ 4 goals. Crazy. Only caught the first half but that call on Lampard was bull.

Reaction Score
Wheels fell off wagon in 68th minute when City took their 3rd PK and Spurs went down a man.
WTH happened at the Emirates. I was out running errands when it was 1-0 Gunners. Came back to a 2-2 draw salvaged with a late Arsenal goal.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
So I thought White Hart Lane had horrible camera angles but watching the QPR game I now change that to Loftus Road as the worst. Yikes. When they went to the corners closest to the camera you could barely see. It was like trying to watch the UConn-Tulane game last weekend! Horrible.

Reaction Score
Best purchase of the season so far is BEin sports. I'm watching more Serie A and Ligue 1 than the Premier on NBC. Blasphemy I know but the Italian League is pretty firey. They allow players to express themselves more, lots more controversy, pushing and butting. Even the AC Milan-Hellas Verona game this morning is a lot more interesting than Liverpool and QPR (which is good game surprisingly, QPR showed well).

Verona and AC Milan are going excellent shots on goal, but the goaltenders are standing on their heads.

Reaction Score
I obviously take that back. Comment was made when the score was 1-0 with little time left.

What?

3-2? 3 stoppage time goals. Insane.

Reaction Score
I listened to the QPR game on the radio. Was bummed for them, they played well enough to win. But I would be worried if I were Liverpool.

Reaction Score
Usual weekend for Arsenal. Another tie against a team they should have beaten. Hull's first goal required the ref to swallow a whistle. Plus, the Gunners had the mandatory major injury, this time Jack Wilshere.

Reaction Score
WBA game yesterday was as much of a gut punch as the QPR game.

Reaction Score
Caught the replay of Spurs-Man City last night. Not a bad game, Spurs ran into an Aguero wrecking machine. They really need some steel on defense. Deandre Yedlin will fit in great at Spurs, offensively minded and also defensively suspect.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Some horrific refereeing helped lead to Swansea's defeat at Stoke. Found it interesting how Monk flat out called Moses an embarrassment and said that if he did something like that he wouldn't be able to go home and face his own family. I found it a bit over the top but humorous as well. In a few other games there were some very questionable calls given as well. Overall, my Swans better get their crap together. They've been blowing leads late at an alarming rate. They should have more W's and less draws/losses at this rate.

Reaction Score
Some horrific refereeing helped lead to Swansea's defeat at Stoke. Found it interesting how Monk flat out called Moses an embarrassment and said that if he did something like that he wouldn't be able to go home and face his own family. I found it a bit over the top but humorous as well. In a few other games there were some very questionable calls given as well. Overall, my Swans better get their crap together. They've been blowing leads late at an alarming rate. They should have more W's and less draws/losses at this rate.

Cameron actually played for Stoke and he looked good too. Maybe we will actually have an outfield player on the field regularly again.

Reaction Score
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stok...es-fantastic/story-23272228-detail/story.html

Now that Cameron is back, it doesn't sound like he will be sold in January as people have prognosticated. There was actually a PSG rumor flying around. I think once he is back to full match fitness he could crack the starting lineup as a central midfielder.

I wonder if JK will try bumping him up to Jones's CDM spot against Colombia in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom