Week 8 - Other games (Bye Week) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 8 - Other games (Bye Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For you night owls, there's a top-10 FCS matchup on ESPN2 tonight at 11 PM:

#7 Montana visiting their Big Sky rival #2 Sacramento State.

Montana's starting QB is Lucas Johnson, a 6'3 215 former Georgia Tech commit and transfer from San Diego State whose got a decent arm and is a physical runner.

The Griz are a hard-hitting, physical team led by senior safety Robbie Hauck, who broke Montana's all-time tackle record earlier this season and is just 55 tackles away from breaking the Big Sky Conference record.

Go Griz!
Is Hauck the coach's kid?

If you like a physical, running QB you gotta like Montana St.'s Mallot.

Big Sky football is entertaining. Montana and Montana St. are usually good. Eastern Washington has had some strong teams. Starting to see some of the other schools in the conference develop good programs as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
BC isn't really competitive vs Wake today, but they will test our CBs deep and their DL will be a handful for our OL. Hartman is going to wake up sore tomorrow from the hits.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ole Miss 17
Tigers 3

That was score one play in to the second qtr.

Ole Miss 20
Tigers 45

Two minutes left in game. Kelley has his QB and LSU is clicking.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Alabama had more penalties in the Tennessee game (17) @ Knoxville than they have had in 100 years...The Vols had 6.

Refs ?, Bone headedness? I think bone headed play but a Bama fan might see that unbalanced penalty count as something suspicious.

Unless I missed one in the last 5 minutes, Oklahoma State had 0 penalties against Texas. 0.

Reaction Score
BC isn't really competitive vs Wake today, but they will test our CBs deep and their DL will be a handful for our OL. Hartman is going to wake up sore tomorrow from the hits.
I’m very happy Wake spanked BC. BCs QB and the receiver #4 are quality though, so it’s going to be a struggle. Let’s see what our developing squad can do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
yep...rough for the Longhorns...14 penalties to zero for Ok State...

The refs know what they are doing. I am watching Pitt/Louisville, two middle of the pack teams going nowhere, and the officiating is excellent.

As an aside, Pitt could have been a pretty good team this year but their QB is absolutely brutal. He puts up decent yardage numbers but has two INTs inside Louisville's 5. The announcer is rightly asking if Slovis should come out under center in the second half.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The refs know what they are doing. I am watching Pitt/Louisville, two middle of the pack teams going nowhere, and the officiating is excellent.

As an aside, Pitt could have been a pretty good team this year but their QB is absolutely brutal. He puts up decent yardage numbers but has two INTs inside Louisville's 5. The announcer is rightly asking if Slovis should come out under center in the second half.
I root for Pitt because of my wife. But that roughing the passer call late in 2Q against Lville was ridiculous.

Slovis has a big arm. But poor decision making. He certainly ain't Pickett.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I root for Pitt because of my wife. But that roughing the passer call late in 2Q against Lville was ridiculous.

Slovis has a big arm. But poor decision making. He certainly ain't Pickett.

I am not going to like every call in a game. The 50/50 calls are going half to Pitt and half to Louisville. It was a good no call on the terrible acting job by the Pitt wideout on 4th down where he went down like he had been shot.

That is the difference between a game like this and Clemson/Syracuse, where the ACC had a huge interest in getting Clemson the W.

Slovis sucks. Pitt should start someone else at QB.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is Jimbo Fisher in trouble? This is his 5th year at Texas A&M and they could be a .500 team.

Reaction Score
Is Jimbo Fisher in trouble? This is his 5th year at Texas A&M and they could be a .500 team.

Oh...he is in trouble with boosters and fans...BUT..

He is safe ..contract extension in 2021 and his buyout is $85,950,000 in January 2023...almost $77 million in 2024....$67.5 million in 2025...$58 million in 2026...and on...

Reaction Score

He is safe ..contract extension in 2021 and his buyout is $85,950,000 in January 2023...almost $77 million in 2024....$67.5 million in 2025...$58 million in 2026...and on...
OMG. These schools are run by morons. It's unfair for those people to negotiate against agents. In addition to ADs the schools are going to have to hire pro style GMs to keep them from terrible deals like that. Goodness.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I know you are an FSU fan….was the Jimbo hype warranted? I never thought much of him. It felt like his offense was all Jameis. Kinda like Charlie Strong was all Bridgewater at UL.

Some head coaches ride a top QB to a new job and then struggle without them.

A&M is screwed.

Reaction Score
Jimbo has an offense that requires everyone execute exactly....

A NFL QB and 18 draft picks from that FSU championship team (draft 2014 and 15). Eight 1st and 2nd rounders.

He had the talent.

Jimbo is stubborn and will not change an offense to meet the personnel's strengths-weakness.

Nole fans consider him a mediocre coach with a world class agent (Sexton).

Reaction Score
I know you are an FSU fan….was the Jimbo hype warranted? I never thought much of him. It felt like his offense was all Jameis. Kinda like Charlie Strong was all Bridgewater at UL.

Some head coaches ride a top QB to a new job and then struggle without them.

A&M is screwed.
Appears that way. Good players can lead to good records Scott Frost.we were pretty high on Pete Lembo then he couldn’t sustain. PP at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder what Temple will do. It is now in the bottom 10, I think, in football and the basketball conference is going to get much worse. I mean, you're in Philly and you're not even in the A-10. Sorry, I digress.

Reaction Score
In other news regarding past and future Husky opponents - FIU got their third win of the year with a 34-15 win at North Carolina-Charlotte, after leading 34-0 in the fourth quarter. FIU was 1-11 last year (a win against Long Island - who knew they had a football team - and a bottom 10 denizen like someone else we know), so that's a step up for them.

And Army, after trailing at home 17-14 at the half to Louisiana-Monroe, rolled (on the ground, naturally) in the second half to a 48-24 win. Army had 441 yards on the ground (7+ ypg), but 135 of them came on three carries. That dropped their average per carry to a still-impressive 5. Army QB Jemel Jones is going to be a handful - 17 carries for 96 yards and three TD's. Just 2-4, 41 yards through the air, though.

In the Mountain West, Fresno State beat New Mexico 41-9, while Utah State lost to last year opponent Wyoming 28-14.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder what Temple will do. It is now in the bottom 10, I think, in football and the basketball conference is going to get much worse. I mean, you're in Philly and you're not even in the A-10. Sorry, I digress.
It would cost them $10 million to leave the AAC. Also, they would go from making $6-7 million per year in TV revenue to half a million. They aren't going anywhere for a while. However, if the AAC would to lose 2-3 more players and the TV contract went down to $2 million per season and the A-10 got closer to that number, certain discussions might take place.

Reaction Score
It would cost them $10 million to leave the AAC. Also, they would go from making $6-7 million per year in TV revenue to half a million. They aren't going anywhere for a while. However, if the AAC would to lose 2-3 more players and the TV contract went down to $2 million per season and the A-10 got closer to that number, certain discussions might take place.
I'm still intrigued nevertheless. Temple is in a similar situation that UCONN was in, but much worse. At least UCONN had the Big East in its back pocket. The American is getting worse, Temple is going to be more an outlier next year, the basketball conference sucks, something will have to give sooner or later. The only hope would seem to be if Temple and Philly got an invite to the Big 12 or ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom