Week 6 | The Boneyard

Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Two big Derby's this week. First up is the Merseyside Derby, Everton vs Liverpool. Not that it would matter, but the teams seem pretty equal this year. Should be a very good game.

The other is of course the HUGE North London Derby. Arsenal vs Tottenham. Good opportunity for Arsenal to put some distance between them and their undesirable neighbors. Chance for Tottenham to revenge last year's Dos a Cero game, and to get their season moving. Always a good game.

Other than those two, not a lot else going on. Maybe Aston Villa can give Chelsea a game??? Probably not.

Reaction Score
Derby days!!!!! So happy UConn has a 4pm start time so I can enjoy (or not enjoy, as it has been of late) THE darby.

Spurs v. a top 4 club usually means they will get a red card on a stupid penalty/mental mistake somewhere between the 20th and 40th minute mark while trailing 1-0, and end up losing 3, 4, 5, or 6 to 0.

Big question is which Arsenal and Tottenham team will show up? Both played a big chunk of "B" team players, sprinkled in with a few starters during their mid-week Cap One Cup matches; both are playing their 5th game in a matter of 14 days between EPL. UCL. Europa, and Cap One, so who knows what they have left in the tank. Spurs have been uninspiring the past couple weeks, and that's being kind. Hoping that with them seeing "red" at the Emirates it will give them a much needed spark. Arsenal has been inconsistent and has some key injuries to overcome, which Ozul will show up? COYS!!!

Love the Merseyside Darby, especially as an objective observer.
Now that Leicester has gone through a relative "murderers row" - Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U in 4 of their 5 matches - to start the season, I am interested to see how they perform against the bottom-mid table sides as their next three are v. CP, Burnely, and Newcastle. I am becoming more and more of a Leicester fan with every week.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Spurs v Top 4 has script.
  1. Play a tight first half, have a lot of scoring opportunities that we don't capitalize on.
  2. Give up a goal but go into the half down 0-1 feeling good about ourselves.
  3. Between the 46-49th minute get called for a red-card that, upon further review, is a bad call.
  4. Opposing team buries PK.
  5. Try to attack down a man and give up 2-3 more goals.
  6. Repeat.

Reaction Score
I think West Ham shreds Man U.

Still trying to sort out which team I like. But I will say, I enjoy watching Leicester, Southhampton and West Ham more than the big guys.
Can't watch games this weekend. It's my anniversary with my girlfriend so she has a whole day planned and I will get crushed if I spend Saturday morning watching soccer. And since we're going to SKCvRevs tonight I have no leg to stand on. Of course she likes going to games as much as I do. Seats tonight are right behind the dugouts over the tunnel so that means we can listen to Peter Vermes swearing at the ref all night.

Derby days!!!!! So happy UConn has a 4pm start time so I can enjoy (or not enjoy, as it has been of late) THE darby.

Spurs v. a top 4 club usually means they will get a red card on a stupid penalty/mental mistake somewhere between the 20th and 40th minute mark while trailing 1-0, and end up losing 3, 4, 5, or 6 to 0.

Big question is which Arsenal and Tottenham team will show up? Both played a big chunk of "B" team players, sprinkled in with a few starters during their mid-week Cap One Cup matches; both are playing their 5th game in a matter of 14 days between EPL. UCL. Europa, and Cap One, so who knows what they have left in the tank. Spurs have been uninspiring the past couple weeks, and that's being kind. Hoping that with them seeing "red" at the Emirates it will give them a much needed spark. Arsenal has been inconsistent and has some key injuries to overcome, which Ozul will show up? COYS!!!

Love the Merseyside Darby, especially as an objective observer.
Now that Leicester has gone through a relative "murderers row" - Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U in 4 of their 5 matches - to start the season, I am interested to see how they perform against the bottom-mid table sides as their next three are v. CP, Burnely, and Newcastle. I am becoming more and more of a Leicester fan with every week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Spurs v Top 4 has script.
  1. Play a tight first half, have a lot of scoring opportunities that we don't capitalize on.
  2. Give up a goal but go into the half down 0-1 feeling good about ourselves.
  3. Between the 46-49th minute get called for a red-card that, upon further review, is a bad call.
  4. Opposing team buries PK.
  5. Try to attack down a man and give up 2-3 more goals.
  6. Repeat.
Either scenario works great for me. :D

Reaction Score
You all forgot to mention the real big game this weekend. My U8 Team 'Sweden' versus 'Argentina.' last week, the Sweden 2nd graders played really well and rallied from a 2 to nothing deficit to win 5 to 2 in 9 v 9 soccer. I will actually be spending the game working on the development team, i.e. 1st graders, as they had a rough go of it losing something beyond 6 to 2. The other team had a ringer who I swore was a second grader who got 4 goals; but, the other team's coaches were to busy trying to keep her from scoring themselves to listen to my protest. I did work with the my team's star forward and I am hopeful that this week he tries to score into other team's goal and not the nearest available goal. Go Sweden!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Here's to hoping Swansea turn's itself around today with a win oiver a beatable Sunderland team! I was bummed they lost to Southampton but it seems they aren't nearly as bad of a team as I thought they'd be.

Reaction Score
The injury bug seems to have leached onto Arsenal. Arteta going off early, then Ramsey's hamstring (apparently), also Wilshire's ankle even though he's playing through it.

Spurs counting on their counter-attack, but have been unable to make that final clean pass to finish. Relatively dry game so far.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The injury bug seems to have leached onto Arsenal. Arteta going off early, then Ramsey's hamstring (apparently), also Wilshire's ankle even though he's playing through it.

Spurs counting on their counter-attack, but have been unable to make that final clean pass to finish. Relatively dry game so far.
Yea, it wasn't near the intensity of the Merseyside Derby. Kinda blah for a North London Derby.

And I agree wholeheartedly, this injury thing is ridiculous. What the hell's in the water?

Reaction Score
Yea, it wasn't near the intensity of the Merseyside Derby. Kinda blah for a North London Derby.

And I agree wholeheartedly, this injury thing is ridiculous. What the hell's in the water?
Very blah game Saturday. Even with the 9 yellow cards (6 to Spurs) it didn't have it's usual spark or pace. Spurs were ecstatic (and lucky) to get the point and Arsenal seemd to flutter along until Sanchez entered the game to provide a much needed spark.

Big ones next Sunday for both sides as Spurs get Southampton at WHL and Arsenal play in another London Derby at Chelsea.

Reaction Score
I highly suggest watching this week's Men in Blazers if you can. They do a blow by blow recap of the Liverpool fan reaction on that Everton goal. I couldn't stop laughing.

Reaction Score
Glad to see that Wellbeck stepped-up and the Gunners got 3 points and a some goal differencial padding by roughing-up Galatasaray 4 to 1. Less thrilled with the return of hooliganism at the Emeriates and the Red that Szczesny picked-up for being late off the line. Tat said, he did make a clear play on the ball and I am not sure that deserved a Red. Gut is that Chelsea trounces Arsenal later in the week due to a let down after the Champs game and because Chelsea can and will exploit Arsenal's back line issues. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

Good news is that Liverpool lost. Torn over Barcelona's loss to PSG. I sort of like Barcelona, and still do when they play Real Madrid; but, I have no issue with them being brought down a notch. But; I am also a Lyon fan and cannot stand how oil money has given life to PSG.

Reaction Score
Glad to see that Wellbeck stepped-up and the Gunners got 3 points and a some goal differencial padding by roughing-up Galatasaray 4 to 1. Less thrilled with the return of hooliganism at the Emeriates and the Red that Szczesny picked-up for being late off the line. Tat said, he did make a clear play on the ball and I am not sure that deserved a Red. Gut is that Chelsea trounces Arsenal later in the week due to a let down after the Champs game and because Chelsea can and will exploit Arsenal's back line issues. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

Good news is that Liverpool lost. Torn over Barcelona's loss to PSG. I sort of like Barcelona, and still do when they play Real Madrid; but, I have no issue with them being brought down a notch. But; I am also a Lyon fan and cannot stand how oil money has given life to PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom