Week 6 | The Boneyard

Week 6

Reaction Score
Texas St beat Troy in SBC
Sam Houston beat MW-bound UTEP in CUSA

And in a slightly bizarre moment, College Gameday is going to Cal …. The one team that FSU has beaten. Yeah the Bears are 3-1 but that is not a good team at all.

Mizzou at TAMU is the one ranked vs ranked game of the weekend

Reaction Score
Texas St beat Troy in SBC
Sam Houston beat MW-bound UTEP in CUSA

And in a slightly bizarre moment, College Gameday is going to Cal …. The one team that FSU has beaten. Yeah the Bears are 3-1 but that is not a good team at all.

Mizzou at TAMU is the one ranked vs ranked game of the weekend
Cal getting ready.

GZFCWQGaQAAgqsg

Reaction Score

These numbers have probably changed. They had us as a slight favorite to beat Cuse (though pretty much a coin flip). Now cuse is favored, as they should be. I honestly don’t think we can beat them. Hoping I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
Cuse in the Dome is by far the toughest game we have left on the schedule. That will be a tall order. Depends if we're still healthy and playing at this same level we're on now whether we can beat them.

We'll see. Gotta get there first. It's Temple today.

Reaction Score
These numbers have probably changed. They had us as a slight favorite to beat Cuse (though pretty much a coin flip). Now cuse is favored, as they should be. I honestly don’t think we can beat them. Hoping I’m wrong.
Cuse in the Dome is by far the toughest game we have left on the schedule. That will be a tall order. Depends if we're still healthy and playing at this same level we're on now whether we can beat them.

If we're not allowed to touch Kyle McCord.. no we can't beat them.
I agree that Syracuse will be tough, and the team cannot afford to look ahead. We can, however.
Cuse gave up two blocked punts so their special teams are suspect. Kyle McCord will be a challenge for our secondary. But he had some bad passes such as the interception late in fourth quarter.
UNLV LB Woodard had some nice plays against Syracuse so I would expect the UConn LBs would as well.

Reaction Score

UNLV was very lucky with the blocked kicks setting up scores for them. Cuse could have won by 2 TD's easily. Their receivers looked really good, as well as the QB. The difference between G5 and P4 was very apparent to me, at least. I was rooting for UNLV, of course.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UNLV was very lucky with the blocked kicks setting up scores for them. Cuse could have won by 2 TD's easily. Their receivers looked really good, as well as the QB. The difference between G5 and P4 was very apparent to me, at least. I was rooting for UNLV, of course.
OTOH, UNLV's tackling was horrific in the last minute and OT. On the 1st down that led to the tying TD, RB was stopped. Nobody helped, tackler didn't wrap up. RB broke tackle, got the 1st. And on last TD in OT, runner was stopped again, same thing.

Of course tackling isn't our best feature, either.

Reaction Score
Massey has UConn as underdogs vs Wake and at UAB.

Long way to go. I would be ecstatic to finish 6-1.

Reaction Score
OTOH, UNLV's tackling was horrific in the last minute and OT. On the 1st down that led to the tying TD, RB was stopped. Nobody helped, tackler didn't wrap up. RB broke tackle, got the 1st. And on last TD in OT, runner was stopped again, same thing.

Of course tackling isn't our best feature, either.
Woodard made the initial stop on OT TD. He just needed some help. He was clearly frustrated at end of game.

Another factor was that UNLV defense was on field a long time as time of possession favored Cuse 2-1

Reaction Score
Wow scary hit to NC State QB... cutting all his gear off fast. Mora mentioned QB's leading with the crown but it seems more dangerous than a concus off back turf.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not liking Pitt's efforts so far @UNC. Not looking sharp coming off bye week. Two fumbles (recovered by Pitt) and a pick 6. First time Holstein has really looked like a vulnerable frosh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom