Week 6 Rankings prediction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 6 Rankings prediction

Reaction Score
20th

don't really see how providence can be left off the poll. the big east is kind of getting shafted here -- i think both xavier and seton hall should be higher, too.

Reaction Score
20th

don't really see how providence can be left off the poll. the big east is kind of getting shafted here -- i think both xavier and seton hall should be higher, too.
Agreed, the rankings are bogus. UConn should've only dropped 1 or 2 spots. There's no way Arkansas should be ranked, Providence should be ranked instead of Texas Tech. Seton Hall and Xavier should be ranked higher.

Reaction Score
Agreed, the rankings are bogus. UConn should've only dropped 1 or 2 spots. There's no way Arkansas should be ranked, Providence should be ranked instead of Texas Tech. Seton Hall and Xavier should be ranked higher.
agreed. also -- how the hell is kentucky still ranked?? it's not the preseason anymore. they haven't beaten anyone and lost to a ghastly 3-4 notre dame team. that is the most egregious one to me.

Reaction Score
agreed. also -- how the hell is kentucky still ranked?? it's not the preseason anymore. they haven't beaten anyone and lost to a ghastly 3-4 notre dame team. that is the most egregious one to me.
Wow, didn't even notice that. There's no way Kentucky should be ranked.

Reaction Score
20th

Often need a significant win to jump into the poll unless you are undefeated. Their wins last week got them into the receiving votes section, but their metrics are still bad based on some pre-season stuff, so beating no names will just get them jumped over.

If they beat us they will get ranked.

Reaction Score
Coaches Poll:
10 - Nova​
16- Seton Hall​
22 - UConn
25 - Xavier​
ORV - Providence - 41 pts for 27th​

Reaction Score
Complete lack of respect for the Big East and UConn in particular. Nova gets embarrassed on a neutral floor and only drops three spots. Purdue loses to Rutgers, a team that lost to Lafayette and UMass, and only drops two spots. We lose to a tough WV team on the road and drop five spots. Makes no sense. And probably shouldn't since the people that vote don't watch most of the games. Still need to earn back some of that national respect.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would have Tennessee lower, Xavier higher, and Texas out of the Top 25, but I can't argue too much with these rankings.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
So we are 2-2 vs top 35. 3-1 would have been nice, but let’s beat peecee and run it to 3-2.

Lots of good opportunities for good wins going forward. Thank

Reaction Score
this post from a pc fan on their board made me laugh. pretty good insight into the quality of some of these votes.

I am going to give this a go. Thanks to those who helped with input. Enjoy!

Let's start with Bret Bloomquist from El Paso, TX. Bloomquist amongst others clearly thinks very highly of a Tennessee team that does own a victory over UNC, but boy that win over UNCG (UNC Greensboro) was the real game changer. Bloomquist thought that victory over UNCG, after a loss to Texas Tech, was a valid reason to move Tennessee from #11 to #8 in his latest poll. Just behind his 8th best team are the undefeated Wildcats from Arizona (for those wondering) who owns victories @Illinois, Neutral Michigan and against Wichita State. Maybe next weeks near certain win over USC Upstate will make Tennessee not only supreme vs. the Carolinas, but a top 5 team in the Nation.

Next is Chris Basnett from Lincoln, NE. Chris must bleed Blue as he decided to move Kentucky from #12 to #9 after their loss to a very poor Notre Dame team on Saturday. But hey, he wasnt the only one, we'll get to Mia O' Brien later who also moved Kentucky up a spot in her poll. In addition to move Kentucky up, Chris also jumped on the Bloomquist train by moving up Tennessee 3 spots to #11 overall after their beat down of UNCG. Chris must really love the SEC.

And finally Mia O' Brien from Jacksonville, FL. Mia's top ten is drunk, there is no other way to explain it. Not only did she move Kentucky up to #8 from #9 this week, she also has them ranked ahead of Gonzaga. If that wasn't bad enough, she has UCLA (who lost to Gonzaga by 20!) ranked #3. To round it all out, she has the 7-3 Villanova Wildcats ranked #5 in her top 10. Granted strength of Schedule is important, however Mia's teams ranked 1-10 have only one less loss combined than her teams ranked 11-20...not the greatest look.

Reaction Score
this post from a pc fan on their board made me laugh. pretty good insight into the quality of some of these votes.
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com used to do a weekly "Poll Attacks" column similar to this. It was done in a humorous, but factual, way like this. I haven't seen it in a long time so maybe he stopped doing it.

Reaction Score
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com used to do a weekly "Poll Attacks" column similar to this. It was done in a humorous, but factual, way like this. I haven't seen it in a long time so maybe he stopped doing it.
Yeah I think he said the column ran its course and he retired it. Those who cared did better already, those who didn't wouldn't change or improve.

Reaction Score
Complete lack of respect for the Big East and UConn in particular. Nova gets embarrassed on a neutral floor and only drops three spots. Purdue loses to Rutgers, a team that lost to Lafayette and UMass, and only drops two spots. We lose to a tough WV team on the road and drop five spots. Makes no sense. And probably shouldn't since the people that vote don't watch most of the games. Still need to earn back some of that national respect.
Well it’s why I never understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over these polls. What it says about the Nova loss is that Nova is good but Baylor is unbelievable more than anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom