Week 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 5

Reaction Score
How did they call it a catch in the first place? No one on the field ever had it, except for maybe the Miami kid who was out of bounds. Classic ACC officiating in this game, much of which gave Tech some extra chances. Still, what a crazy g
Only problem is that the VT player never had full control of the ball. You can see in the replays the ball was always in the hands of a VT and Miami player
Miami didn't even touch it until after the VT dude butt was on the ground. They kept talking about what happened after that like it mattered. Play was dead the second he touched the ground and had it

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
At full speed, I thought it was a catch. On a review, it looked close, but not enough to overturn.

The Miami defender was out of bounds when he stripped the VTech receiver. That player's actions on the play should not have been considered as part of the play.

Reaction Score
Only problem is that the VT player never had full control of the ball. You can see in the replays the ball was always in the hands of a VT and Miami player
maybe he did.. maybe he didn't. If he did, it was for a second at most. Most I saw was the Miami guy had a hand in there trying to jar it, not simultaneous possession or anything. I don't think it was a completion.. but I don't think you can overturn whatever the initial call was given that replay footage either.

Reaction Score
Not to look past Buffalo, but in Army's 42-14 win at Temple, the Cadets had over 400 yards rushing, with two backs going for over 100 yards. (Sound familiar?) On the other hand, the Owls "managed" -5 yards on 22 carries on offense. The Temple QB threw for over 220 yards, but was sacked seven times. Army, my second favorite team, is off to a 4-0 start, outscoring the opposition 145-42, but they've beaten FCS Lehigh (3-1), FAU (1-3), Rice (1-3) and Temple (1-4). Next week they are at Tulsa (2-2, with both losses on the road to top 20 teams), so if they win there, they might really have something this year.

Reaction Score
Not to look past Buffalo, but in Army's 42-14 win at Temple, the Cadets had over 400 yards rushing, with two backs going for over 100 yards. (Sound familiar?) On the other hand, the Owls "managed" -5 yards on 22 carries on offense. The Temple QB threw for over 220 yards, but was sacked seven times. Army, my second favorite team, is off to a 4-0 start, outscoring the opposition 145-42, but they've beaten FCS Lehigh (3-1), FAU (1-3), Rice (1-3) and Temple (1-4). Next week they are at Tulsa (2-2, with both losses on the road to top 20 teams), so if they win there, they might really have something this year.

They look really good. Much like us against FAU. Still, you’ve gotta beat at least some middle of the road teams to be called “good” in my opinion. I’m not sure if Tulsa fits that description or not. Army plays Notre Dame in a few weeks. Our first opportunity is probably against Wake.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I was following the Rugers game and thought Wash had conceded when they went for a field goal rather than go for it on 4th down deep in Rutgers territory mid-way thru the 4th quarter. They end up missing the field goal then get a TD just inside the 2 min mark. Can't believe Rutgers is 4-0 and beat Wash...the hell kind of season is this where BC and Rutgers are better than FSU, kids opt out after the 3rd game, and Boise State gets to say they're joining the PAC???

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't tell from the video what was going on but here is the statement

I wasn’t sure how they would rule that. A defender can’t force a fumble from out of bounds, and I thought they would rule this the same way, that the defender can’t strip a ball loose from out of bounds, which is what happened. I guess the out of bounds defenders restrictions are limited to not being able to cause turnovers.

Reaction Score
Since I have to listen to UConn on radio, I am watching Ole Miss vs Kentucky. Kentucky just went up 20-17 with a little over 2 minutes left.

Kentucky ends up winning this game.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wake losing at home to Sun Belt Louisiana, 24-17, 10 left in 3rd.

Georgia State losing at home to Georgia State 24-14, 12 left in 3rd.

Navy trounced UAB in Alabama, 42-17.

UConn should beat the first two at home and make a game of it @UAB.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but it's not inconceivable UConn is heading to Syracuse at 8-2.

Reaction Score
Wake losing at home to Sun Belt Louisiana, 24-17, 10 left in 3rd.

Georgia State losing at home to Georgia State 24-14, 12 left in 3rd.

Navy trounced UAB in Alabama, 42-17.

UConn should beat the first two at home and make a game of it @UAB.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but it's not inconceivable UConn is heading to Syracuse at 8-2.
Yes, I believe the phrase you are looking for is, we need to beat Temple next week in order to continue this tremendous season.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Since when can you grab the ball from someone while their butt is on the ground. The play stops when he has possession on the ground. Complete BS
On plays like that possession goes to the team who will produce higher ratings in the playoffs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes, I believe the phrase you are looking for is, we need to beat Temple next week in order to continue this tremendous season.
I already have the Pirates winning the NLC in '25 if they fire Shelton.

Players can't look beyond one week. Fans can look ahead. You can't spell fantasy without fan!

fwiw, here's the ESPN matchup predictor for the rest of the season:
v Temple 88.2
v Wake 67.7
v Rice 76.1
v Georgia St 71.0
@ UAB 57.8
@ Syracuse 39.3
@ UMASS 83.6

Reaction Score
I already have the Pirates winning the NLC in '25 if they fire Shelton.

Players can't look beyond one week. Fans can look ahead. You can't spell fantasy without fan!

fwiw, here's the ESPN matchup predictor for the rest of the season:
v Temple 88.2
v Wake 67.7
v Rice 76.1
v Georgia St 71.0
@ UAB 57.8
@ Syracuse 39.3
@ UMASS 83.6
"I already have the Pirates winning the NLC in '25 if they fire Shelton". Love it, go 'Bucs

Reaction Score
Remember when we marveled at how Buffalo beat NIU last week despite being somewhat dominated statically? It's deja vue all over again. NIU lost to NC State today 24-17, despite a 20-11 first down advantage and outgaining the Wolfpack 279-171. Old friend Justin Joly with two catches for 15 yards. I think I'm OK with our current group of receivers, thankyouverymuch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom