Week 5 AP Poll - UConn remains at #26 | The Boneyard

Week 5 AP Poll - UConn remains at #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a lot of problems with this but mainly how Vandy is still ranked at #21 over teams like us and Cuse. Would have been nice to be Top 25 for tomorrow but win and we are in.

Reaction Score
That's fine, big game tomorrow. Win that are they are very wrong. Lose it and they are justified.

Its so early that these rankings will look different come February.

I hear that Dunn kid is legit, sad and unfortunate that we don't play our neighbor anymore.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of problems with this but mainly how Vandy is still ranked at #21 over teams like us and Cuse. Would have been nice to be Top 25 for tomorrow but win and we are in.

Vandy is #12 by KenPom and #2 by SRS.

Reaction Score
That's fine, big game tomorrow. Win that are they are very wrong. Lose it and they are justified.

Its so early that these rankings will look different come February.

I hear that Dunn kid is legit, sad and unfortunate that we don't play our neighbor anymore.
If we lose by 1 on a neutral court to the #6 team in the country you think it is justified we are not ranked?

Reaction Score
SMU moves up to 19 in the AP and doesn't show up in the 43 coaches poll teams....

Reaction Score
So Ville loses at Michigan State and moves up two spots in the rankings? I don't get that. Yeah they played them tough, but you move up 2 spots with a loss? Strange.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
All loses are equal in terms of determining the rank of teams?
well when you are dealing with Polls nothing is an exact science. There are biases. However the axiom seems to mostly hold true. You lose, and you drop. You win you stay the same (unless someone ahead of you loses) . We lost twice in a row. We dropped a lot. I totally expected us to be out of top 25. I dont care if those 2 in a row were to UNC and Kentucky, drop two in a week and you will drop quite a few spots.

Reaction Score
So Ville loses at Michigan State and moves up two spots in the rankings? I don't get that. Yeah they played them tough, but you move up 2 spots with a loss? Strange.
Especially when #2 Maryland loses on the road to UNC on the road and drops down to #6.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
SMU moves up to 19 in the AP and doesn't show up in the 43 coaches poll teams....
Don't think they'll be ranked at all in the coaches poll all season due to the ban, but the AP poll is the better poll anyways.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Especially when #2 Maryland loses on the road to UNC on the road and drops down to #6.
Drops to #6 and UK only drops to #5, losing to an unranked UCLA team with 3 losses.

Reaction Score
Drops to #6 and UK only drops to #5, losing to an unranked UCLA team with 3 losses.
Yeah, strange all around. I actually like that there is some transparency to the voting process so we can point and laugh at the ridiculous ballots out there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Thinking about rankings some more.

Say you have a number 1 and number 2 team both with one loss. they each play a game in a new "week" the number one team beats an unranked team. The number 2 team beats a top 10 team. The number 2 team should go to #1 right? How often you ever see that happen where they will put number 2 over number one even though number 1 didnt lose? Almost NEVER. The number one team has to lose to drop.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Good god.

I have a different take. So what. You guys want to cry about UConn not being ranked. If UConn took care of business in one of those 2 games, they would be. They didnt so they arent. Lose to Maryland by a point tomorrow but beat Ohio State, guess what, we still wont be ranked. UConn wants to be ranked? Its simple. Win some F'in games. I just want to win I dont give a crap about a percieved number come up with by a bunch of mouthbreathers with agendas. UConn wins they HAVE to rank us. Keep losing and we give them an excuse not to.

Reaction Score
I have a different take. So what. You guys want to cry about UConn not being ranked. If UConn took care of business in one of those 2 games, they would be. They didnt so they arent. Lose to Maryland by a point tomorrow but beat Ohio State, guess what, we still wont be ranked. UConn wants to be ranked? Its simple. Win some F'in games. I just want to win I dont give a crap about a percieved number come up with by a bunch of mouthbreathers with agendas. UConn wins they HAVE to rank us. Keep losing and we give them an excuse not to.

I'm not addressing any of your meathead nonsense.

I'm talking about you responding to this:
If we lose by 1 on a neutral court to the #6 team in the country you think it is justified we are not ranked?
with this:
I do. a loss is a loss

Aggressive ignorance isn't something to be proud of, son.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
I'm not addressing any of your meathead nonsense. I'm talking about you responding to this: with this: Aggressive ignorance isn't something to be proud of, son.
Thanks pops

Reaction Score
All loses are equal in terms of determining the rank of teams?

No... but it seems to be a pretty set rule that if you lose, you drop in the rankings because (specifically early in the season) there are enough teams ranked nearby that didn't lose in that week.

A loss isn't a loss for your tournament seeding, but in terms of the rankings a loss is usually a loss. For instance a team in the top 10 losing to the #1 team, would almost definitely drop at least a spot unless the teams above them lost as well

Reaction Score
No... but it seems to be a pretty set rule that if you lose, you drop in the rankings because (specifically early in the season) there are enough teams ranked nearby that didn't lose in that week.

A loss isn't a loss for your tournament seeding, but in terms of the rankings a loss is usually a loss. For instance a team in the top 10 losing to the #1 team, would almost definitely drop at least a spot unless the teams above them lost as well
Lville lost and moved up. Every loss is not equal to in the polls and a loss is not a loss.

My point was if you lose to the number 6 ranked team on a neutral court by 1 you are probably a top 25 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom