Week 4 Rankings | The Boneyard

Week 4 Rankings

Reaction Score
Should hopefully see some movement up in the polls this week. The Auburn win won us the respect of the voters like Seth Davis who previously had us unranked.

A couple notable early rankings before the AP poll drops today

CBS Top 25 & 1: #15
Jon Rothstein: #15
Seth Davis: #19
CBB Subreddit User Poll: #20 (-1)

Other AP Voters:
Rick Bozich: #15
Andrew Kahn: #19
Clayton Collier: #22
Chad Leistikow: #17
Luke Decock: #18
Mark Berman: #17
Aria Gerson: #13

Prediction: #19

We should move in front of Illinois, St. Bona, Michigan, Seton Hall, and Auburn. But a few teams might jump us. Right now we have a better resume than all of those

Last edited:
Reaction Score
18 seems about right. Being ranked and having 3 months to fine tune things is a great position to be in. I believe the defense and rebounding will remain strong. Cole has been a warrior thus far, but he needs help. This team's potential is tied to ball handling and passing. If we see significant improvement in both of those areas it should be a great run in March.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
18 seems about right. Being ranked and having 3 months to fine tune things is a great position to be in. I believe the defense and rebounding will remain strong. Cole has been a warrior thus far, but he needs help. This team's potential is tied to ball handling and passing. If we see significant improvement in both of those areas it should be a great run in March.
Hoping Diggins can get some time in for those reasons (ball handling and passing) and more (added speed and depth in the backcourt).

Reaction Score
If we can finish off the non-con going 2-0 against the Bonnies and WVU we will definitely be top 15 going into Big East play. That's a big "if" but it will be a great spot to be in for conference play. Should hopefully keep us ranked for the rest of the season

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what goes through the minds of half the AP voters. I could see us moving us 5 spots just as likely as us dropping out. Some of them seem to look only at losses. Some look only at the wins. Others take a more blended (and IMO correct) approach. Lots of top 25 teams lost this past week so that should help us out a bit.

Reaction Score
Hoping Diggins can get some time in for those reasons (ball handling and passing) and more (added speed and depth in the backcourt).
Every scouting report on Diggins coming into this year said that he should be an early contributor. It's wild that he's gotten nothing except garbage time.

Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what goes through the minds of half the AP voters. I could see us moving us 5 spots just as likely as us dropping out. Some of them seem to look only at losses. Some look only at the wins. Others take a more blended (and IMO correct) approach. Lots of top 25 teams lost this past week so that should help us out a bit.
Some of them don't even watch games outside of their own team which is absurd. If you're a national voter it should literally be your job to watch as many as you can. Rankings have a much bigger impact on the perception of programs, TV, and recruiting than most people realize.

Reaction Score
Every scouting report on Diggins coming into this year said that he should be an early contributor. It's wild that he's gotten nothing except garbage time.
I dunno about scouting reports, and I rarely read anything about the team outside of the Boneyard, but I got the distinct impression from the mood on the 'Yard that Diggins would not be a major contributor this year. It seems to me that this was expected by most around here.

Reaction Score
Espn has us in "waiting room" for their Power 16 rankings...basically have us at #18.

Reaction Score
Given the 10 votes that we already know, it appears far more likely that UConn will be ranked in the teens rather than dropping. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say it's just about mathematically impossible that UConn will drop out of the Top 25. Something like 16-18 seems far more likely.

Reaction Score
I dunno about scouting reports, and I rarely read anything about the team outside of the Boneyard, but I got the distinct impression from the mood on the 'Yard that Diggins would not be a major contributor this year. It seems to me that this was expected by most around here.
Yeah the “every scouting report had Diggins as an early contributor” is completely false. It was closer to the opposite.

Reaction Score

Number 17. Nice bump!

Nova’s 6. Auburn only down to 21. Sparty in at 23. Hall stays in at 25. Bonnies predictably are all the way out.

Reaction Score

Number 17. Nice bump!

Auburn only down to 21. Sparty in at 23. Hall stays in at 25.
As I predicted. We had a very impressive showing in the Bahamas nationally. Let’s keep growing and keep it going. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Lets goooo that's some big time movement for us. The voters definitely saw how good we can be in that Auburn game. Moving closer and closer to that top 15

Reaction Score
Given the 10 votes that we already know, it appears far more likely that UConn will be ranked in the teens rather than dropping. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say it's just about mathematically impossible that UConn will drop out of the Top 25. Something like 16-18 seems far more likely.
Nailed it

Reaction Score
Very fair and deserved AP T17 ranking. I guess a good chunk of voter do watch and follow CBB. It wouldnt have been fair to penalize the team for a loss to MSU
It'll be interesting to see the spread of votes that we got. We already know someone put us as high as 13 and as low as 22. That's a pretty big range of opinion - and it might get wider when the remaining individual ballots become public.

Reaction Score
If we win next two buy games + @WVU & SBU that’s a top 10 team. If we win next two buy games and win one of either @WVU or SBU probably will be in the 20-25 range.
And if we lose both WVU & SBU likely unranked going into conference play.

Reaction Score
Win the next 2 home games + those non conference ones and vs providence at home and I think we land top 10.
We have to absolutely take care of business vs West Virginia and Bonnie’s first. Both fringe top 25 teams, won’t be easy, but if we go 4-0 on that stretch and then handle Providence, definitely definitely a possibility we land top 10 depending on what happens to teams above/slightly below us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom