Week 4: 12/14 - 12/20 | The Boneyard

Week 4: 12/14 - 12/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry about not posting yesterday. Got busy and couldn't get around to it.

Tuesday
(24) Clemson v VA Tech
Minnesota v (13) Illinois
App St. v (10) Tennessee
Loyola Ch v (12) Wisconsin
Georgia Tech v (15) Florida St

Wednesday
Northeastern v Syracuse
Butler v (7) Villanova (Is this Butler's 1st game)
(20) OSU v Purdue
TCU v Oklahoma St
NC State v (23) Louisville
Sam Houston St. v (11) Texas
(21) Duke v Notre Dame (Hope ND smashes Duke!!)

Thursday
(9) Creighton v St. John's
(5) Kansas v (14) Texas Tech
Seton Hall v Marquette

Friday
Xavier v Depaul (Is this game cancelled?)
BYU v (18) SDSU
Tenn Tech v (10) Tennessee
Prairie View v (16) Missouri
Iowa St. v (8) WVU

Saturday
(1) Gonzaga v (3) Iowa (Is this a preview of Champ Game?)
(23) Louisville v (12) Wisconsin
Kentucky v UCLA
(2) Baylor v Kansas St
(22) UNC v (20) OSU
(17) Virginia v (7) Villanova
UCF v (15) Florida St
IU v Butler

Sunday
(9) Creighton v UConn (CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME)
(13) Illinois v (19) Rutgers
Oklahoma St. v (11) Texas
Marquette v Xavier (This will be a great game)
Providence v Seton Hall
Georgetown v St. John's
(4) MSU v Northwestern

All in all there isn't a ton of great games this week and that is before any of them get cancelled. Hopefully with more conferences starting play the games will get better.

Reaction Score
Clemson/Virginia Tech off to a fun start. Two blue collar teams with great defenses.

Aamir Simms is a fun player to watch: Who knew the missing piece of a 6'8 245 forward's offensive game is their low post game?

Reaction Score
Tre Mitchell has 32 points with 6 minutes left in the game.

Edit:
Jon feels the buzz

Other 2019 big men recruits in their most recent game:
Qudus Wahab: 17pts 10rbs 9blks
Kofi Coburn: 33pts 13rbs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scotty Barnes is getting more comfortable...double digit win over GT....Hamilton has been rotating 11-12 players....

Reaction Score
I really appreciate the daily update on the games. Does anyone have any idea what networks (if any) that they are on? I have looked on espn channels, cbssports, fox, sny and never, or rarely find any games. Am I missing something or does my cable system just fail me. I am hungry for games.

Reaction Score
I really appreciate the daily update on the games. Does anyone have any idea what networks (if any) that they are on? I have looked on espn channels, cbssports, fox, sny and never, or rarely find any games. Am I missing something or does my cable system just fail me. I am hungry for games.
A lot of games are on conference channels like BTN and SECN. Sometimes you can click on "watch" on espn and then click on your provider and it will direct you to the station.

1608151237223.png

Reaction Score
Two things I thought I wouldn't write in the Boneyard in 2020.

1) Today, Central Connecticut State won their 2nd NEC game of the season and now have the same # of conference wins as in 19-20.

2) Over the last two games, Tre Mitchell has been their leading scorer.

Reaction Score
Is the guy doing the USF, Cincy game the same guy commentating on the James alley game vs ECU?

Reaction Score
Is the guy doing the USF, Cincy game the same guy commentating on the James alley game vs ECU?
Yeah, former CCSU coach Mark Adams.

Cincinnati loses to USF and has a losing record for the first time since 2008.

Reaction Score
Here is Saturday for you:

Saturday
(1) Gonzaga v (3) Iowa - CBS
(23) Louisville v (12) Wisconsin - ESPN2
Kentucky v (22) UNC - CBS
(2) Baylor v Kansas St - BIG12/ESPN+
UCLA v (20) OSU - CBS
(17) Virginia v (7) Villanova - FOX
UCF v (15) Florida St - Not sure if it is on national TV
IU v Butler - FS1

Reaction Score
UCF vs FSU on ACCN...612 on DirectTV...

....402 Dish
....388 Spectrum
.....571 Verizon Fios

Reaction Score
Thursday 12/17/20

9 Creighton @ St. John's, 7:00, FS1 - Dave Sims, Sarah Kustok
Line: Creighton -6/160

Seton Hall @ Marquette, 9:00, FS1 - Eric Collins, Steve Lavin
Line: Marquette -3.5/144.5

Reaction Score
Thanks for the network listings on the games. Now I need a Go Fund Me page to afford the cable bill to get all of extra channels!!!! Seriously I do appreciate the heads up.

Reaction Score
Great energy and start to the #5 Kansas @ #14 Texas Tech game. Texas Tech doesn't have a lot of size, but they play so freakin' hard. Chris Beard is one of my favorite coaches too.

Also, real interesting to see McClung play to still play as lead guard but with better talent around him. No surprise to see his assist numbers up and his turnover numbers nearly cut in half.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Rather watch Creighton vs St. John’s. Watching teams Uconn will play is more interesting. The people in Texas don’t even care about Texas Tech.

Reaction Score
Destroyed!? Do you mean annihilated?
St John’s didn’t do the 2 things you need to do to beat Creighton.
#1: Outrebound them by a good margin. 5 or more (hopefully we out rebound them by double digits)
#2: Limit possessions. Creighton has lost each game where they’re held to under 59 FGAs.

Creighton had 67 FGAs and out-rebounded St. John’s by 18.

Also Creighton shot 56% from 3 on 23 attempts. They’ll do that to you with their ball movement. If we can’t stay organized defensively it’ll be a long night.

We’ve been successful in limiting possessions, holding opponents to 52,50, and 53 possessions.
As well as controlling the glass, +21, +4, +11.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Who the hell is this school Wichita State is playing? Emporia State?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Emmitt Mathews is apparently the one player KO wasn’t wrong about.

Reaction Score
Saturday Viewing Guide for 12-19-20

11:30 AM on FS1: Butler vs Indiana in Indianapolis:
Another benefit of joining the new Big East is enjoying the in-state rivalries of our conference mates. Major props to senior Aaron Thompson's major offensive jump this year for Butler (17.5 ppg). However, blow to recently waiver passed ETSU wing Bo Hodges was declared academically ineligible.

12 PM:
#3 Iowa v #1 Gonzaga in Sioux Falls - CBS:
Great chance for Iowa to take advantage of a Zags team that hasn't played in 17 days. Must watch.

#23 Louisville @ #12 Wisconsin - ESPN2: Interesting matchup between Wisconsin's size vs Louisville's guards. Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones has been amazing for the Cardinals (17.3 ppg).

2 PM:
#22 North Carolina vs Kentucky in Cleveland - CBS:
I'm a pacifist by nature, so rooting for Kentucky to lose is one way for me to my anger out in harmless ways.

Western Kentucky @ Alabama- ESPNU: I say this every Saturday, but Western Kentucky is one of my favorite mid-majors. Their top-eight can stack up against anyone. Taveion Hollingsworth is built for March and as long as Charles Bassey is healthy and out of foul trouble, they can beat anyone.

Hofstra @ St. Bonaventure - ESPN+: The top team in the CAA is always a fun watch and good to see the Bonnies back from their quarantine. The Bonnies are my A-10 darkhorse fielding six players who averaged double-digits last season.

2:30:
Purdue vs Notre Dame in Indianapolis -ESPN2:
The 2nd in-state game held today in Indianapolis, 7'4 freshman Zach Edey is a blast to watch and Notre Dame gets a huge boost to their depth with Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz now eligible.

Ole Miss @ Dayton - NBCSN: This is the best Ole Miss roster in years and what Dayton lacks in game-ready depth, Crutcher/Watson/Johnson have barely been taken off the court.

4:00:
#2 Baylor @ Kansas State - B12/ESPN+:
East Catholic Mike McGuirl's Wildcats should get annihilated, but a chance to see Baylor up against an always tough defensive team.

UCLA vs #20 Ohio State in Cleveland - CBS: Is it just me, or I haven't found UCLA interesting to watch in nearly 20 years.

Furman @ Winthrop - ESPN+: The best mid-major OOC matchup of the day. Furman held both Cincy and Alabama to wins of 5 points or less while the undefeated Winthrop have beaten top-25 mid-majors UNC-Greensboro and Little Rock and are led by 6'7 triple-double machine Chandler Vaudrin.

6 PM:
Buffalo @ Syracuse - ACC Network:
Nate Oats' teams got me back into the program a few years ago. Read my Kentucky comment above.

UC Santa Barbara @ Pepperdine - Streamable for free on each school's website: Props to the Big West and WCC for regularly booking the best Californian mid-major teams to play each other all the time before conference play. Pepperdine inside/outside duo of Kessler Edwards and Colbey Ross combine for 40.5 ppg while UC Santa Barbara is a high-end D1 transfer haven.

Night:
7 PM Arizona @ Stanford - Pac12:
Solid Pac12 matchup.

8 PM Colorado State @ Saint Mary's - streamable on teams' websites: another very good mid-major OCC matchup.

9 PM Saint Joseph's @ Villanova - FS1: Gotta love Big 5 matchups. Why isn't this game being played at the Palestra?!?

Will be hitting the road tomorrow to be TV-less and w/ poor internet for a few days. I'll catch the UConn/Creighton game but will be basketball-free til Wednesday. Enjoy today's matchups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom