Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very disappointed at attendence for this first Pac 12 semi- Arena appears less than 40% full. Wiki says capacity is 17,000. I guess Cameron doesn't draw like Caitlyn.

This on International Womens Day.

Stanford Pep band just being directed by a student in a butterfly outfit and he's using a broom to the direct.

Oregon State brought their band director to lead the Beach Pep band. She is not in costume.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought we were gonna see Clark go 0-fer from 3. She finally hit one. 1-12, holy cow that's bad. Set yet another record, most career made 3 pointers, men's or women's.

edit--my bad, it was a single season record; passed Steph Curry

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also didn't realize Iowa's strangle hold on Big 10 POY. Gustafson won it twice, then Doyle, they let someone else have it once (Hillmon), then Clark 3 straight years.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Penn St. made a run again thru most of Q3, only to see Iowa build the lead back up to what it was.

They had a golden opportunity tonight w/ Clark having a terrible night shooting the ball, and not at all taking advantage of it.

Reaction Score
Also didn't realize Iowa's strangle hold on Big 10 POY. Gustafson won it twice, then Doyle, they let someone else have it once (Hillmon), then Clark 3 straight years.
Iowa’s dominance is recent. Ohio State had 10 POYs in the last 20 years. Davenport, Lavender and Mitchell all won multiple times between 2005 and 2018.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stanford Pep band just being directed by a student in a butterfly outfit and he's using a broom to the direct.

Oregon State brought their band director to lead the Beach Pep band. She is not in costume.
I take it you haven't seen our band before? Our Band Director (and the whole band) are often in costume, including using all manner of objects as the baton. The best analog I can think of is ASU's curtain of distraction. Probably for that reason, it's one of my favorite things in all of college basketball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess it didn't matter if Clark couldn't find the bucket when her teammates combined for 13 made 3's. Affolter really made the most of entering the starting lineup today.

The rest of the country should probably be terrified that Clark and Stuelke shot a combined 6-24 but the Hawkeyes are gonna win by almost 35 anyway.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Didn't Woody Hayes tackle an opposing player many, many years ago? Can't be taking out your own players.
SWERVE POTENTIAL: yes he did something, don't remember if it was an actual tackle, I thought it was a punch. I believe it was a Clemson player in a bowl game.
Back to WBB...

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen the ball come to a rest on the heel of the rim? Not pinned between the rim and the backboard. Just sitting there.
Once, IIRC. Very rare!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who wants to host?

The top 12 from the last reveal are all safely in as hosts.

The final 4 spots:
ND has jumped in since last reveal.
IN & Gonz were both in at the last reveal.
OK and CO in danger of falling out. OK can hold on by doing well in the B12 tourney.

If Gonz wins the WCC, and IN & OK do well, then CO likely out.

Kan St & Bay have outside shot -- probably need to win the B12 tourney. Or finalist and teams above mess up.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Uh oh, graphic just now showed Ohio St. beating Maryland 94-61. That's not what happened.

edit--now they've fixed it
Yesterday Google search kept switching back and forth between the actual halftime score of NBA Chicago vs. Golden State and 300-200. That was weird to see. It showed their usual animation for the score update too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom