Week 14 games (Feb. 22-28) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 14 games (Feb. 22-28)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Minnesota wins by 10.

Northwestern gonna beat Illinois not very convincingly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There's a reason why SF Austin is 10-0 and Northwestern St. is 0-11 in the Southland: SFA up 39-8 early in Q2!
No mercy! Now 98-39 early in Q4. SFA outscored them by double figures in each of the first 3 quarters.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
North Carolina blowing out Georgia Tech at the half, 46-24.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Back to back games of the Year in the Big South... the games that everyone (well me) have marked on the calendar started this evening. At the half... High Point leads the Powerful Lancers of Longwood 42-25 at the half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
North Carolina blowing out Georgia Tech at the half, 46-24.
The other day I was perplexed trying to figure out who is the 2nd best team in the Big 12. Similarly I have no clue who is actually the 3rd best team in the ACC.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The other day I was perplexed trying to figure out who is the 2nd best team in the Big 12. Similarly I have no clue who is actually the 3rd best team in the ACC.
Take your pick from the soup of mediocrity.

On any given day it could be Syracuse, or Georgia Tech, or North Carolina, or Virginia Tech, or Florida State, or Wake Forest, or maybe even Clemson (Wake Forest and Clemson ... need I say more).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
High Point takes Longwood behind the woodshed with a convincing 84-62 victory. Of note... Akila Smith of Longwood had 2 pts at the half... finished with 32 :eek: The rematch is tomorrow at 6pm.

In other Big South Action... Radford outlasts Campbell in Double OT.. 74-71. In the battle of the Bulldogs..the dogs from Gardner Webb down the dogs from UNC-Asheville 73-53.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Cal couldn't pull if off and go winless this year, but Tennessee St. is still on track--0-19 in conference and 0-21 overall w/ a loss today. Yikes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a MUST win game for any NCAA hopes, Wake Forest loses a heartbreaker at Miami 69-67 ☹️☹️?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga not taking any chances today, up on Pepperdine 53-20 at the half.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
...Minnesota pulling away from Nebraska down the stretch. Huskers not really maintaining the decent start they got off to in conference play.
...so, curious if there’s ANYTHING else you might want to add? :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
...so, curious if there’s ANYTHING else you might want to add? :rolleyes:
What, that they can put their coach back on the hot seat? That's your call, but I'm ready to give my coach on Montlake the axe any time the AD lets me.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
@Plebe “Where forth art thou?”
:)
Pedantic rant: The famous line from Shakespeare is "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" The word "wherefore" is not an old fashioned synonym for "where"; it actually means "for what reason" or simply "why".

Juliet is not calling out to Romeo to ask where he is. She is meditating on why the mere names Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet should separate two lovers, as they do because of a family feud between the Montagues and Capulets. "Deny thy father and forsake thy name, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At the half... High Point and Longwood tied at 43.

Interesting.. both the head coach and top assistant for HPU are missing this game due to illness. The head coach missed yesterday's game... but the top assistant (a former head coach at Akron) coached in her place.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Pedantic rant: The famous line from Shakespeare is "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" The word "wherefore" is not an old fashioned synonym for "where"; it actually means "for what reason" or simply "why".

Juliet is not calling out to Romeo to ask where he is. She is meditating on why the mere names Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet should separate two lovers, as they do because of a family feud between the Montagues and Capulets. "Deny thy father and forsake thy name, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."
Thanks, I think (there for I am?) :confused: but does anyone know where @Plebe is? I am just worried about my pal....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp..... I've felt for awhile that Longwood was the only team that had the firepower to match High Point's... and in the final regular season game... Longwood gets the split with a 85-69 victory. Just when it seemed like HPU was ready to start receiving votes ( a vote) in the BY25.... they get dominated in the paint as the Lancers scored 58 pts inside. Not sure if it's good or bad.... but the next game for High Point will be March 8 in the Big South Tournament.

pant.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bad second halves for Cats in the state of North Carolina. After holding a 26-25 lead at the half.. the Catamounts of Western Carolina lose 54-42 to the Spartans (my spartans) of UNC-Greensboro. Last regular season game of the regular season for both.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe “Where forth art thou?”
:)
Sorry for going MIA for a few days. Fun times.

Looking forward to seeing how a few key games play out today:
  • Ohio State–Indiana: OSU has been trending down and needs to right the ship.
  • Villanova–Seton Hall: Two bubble teams in the Big East who both really really need this win.
  • South Florida–Houston: I hesitate to bring this up lest I jinx them, but UH is actually on the NCAAT bubble this year, and as much as I usually root for USF, I'll be stanning hard for my alma mater.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Sorry for going MIA for a few days. Fun times.

Looking forward to seeing how a few key games play out today:
  • Ohio State–Indiana: OSU has been trending down and needs to right the ship.
  • Villanova–Seton Hall: Two bubble teams in the Big East who both really really need this win.
  • South Florida–Houston: I hesitate to bring this up lest I jinx them, but UH is actually on the NCAAT bubble this year, and as much as I usually root for USF, I'll be stanning hard for my alma mater.
Welcome BACK!!!!! tOSU is ineligible for both the Big Ten conference tournament and the NCAAT this year and they may have hit the wall so this game is something to watch. I still take Indiana as they have been playing inspired as of late.
Maddie vs. AEH-well, I know who most of the BoneYard is rooting for here... :rolleyes:
USF-UH normally would have me confused, but as you are a UH grad, I will cut your some slack! I watch that team play and there's no way they deserve a bid. But given some of the kookiness going on this year, I guess they are a bubble team-though for the life of me, I don't see one good win on their resume (3 P5 games: wins over OU, Auburn and a loss to Alabama so No!). Go Jose!!!! Can we still be buds? ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Welcome BACK!!!!! tOSU is ineligible for both the Big Ten conference tournament and the NCAAT this year and they may have hit the wall so this game is something to watch. I still take Indiana as they have been playing inspired as of late.
Maddie vs. AEH-well, I know who most of the BoneYard is rooting for here... :rolleyes:
USF-UH normally would have me confused, but as you are a UH grad, I will cut your some slack! I watch that team play and there's no way they deserve a bid. But given some of the kookiness going on this year, I guess they are a bubble team-though for the life of me, I don't see one good win on their resume (3 P5 games: wins over OU, Auburn and a loss to Alabama so No!). Go Jose!!!! Can we still be buds? ;)
Friends forever :)

UH hasn't made the tournament since their C-USA days (as an 8-seed at-large in 2011). I was frankly shocked that Creme had them in the "first four out" sandwiched between UCF and Clemson (damn that's one ugly sandwich).

The Cougs do have a quality win over SFA, which is in the top 20 of the NET.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom