Week 13 - Other Games | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Never imagined I'd be the one starting this thread, but I noticed that VTech beat Dook, with Filipowski scoring 29.

And Northwestern beat Wisconsin

Both were played while I watched UConn WBB drub DePaul.

Next up, I'll watch tonight's biggest matchup. Baylor has jumped on Kansas early 23-12 at the 11:11 mark.

Reaction Score
Have they made the court smaller, I mean all these guys stepping out of bounds. Just happened again in the Baylor vs Kansas game.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Have they made the court smaller, I mean all these guys stepping out of bounds. Just happened again in the Baylor vs Kansas game.
Maybe it’s a point of emphasis or something this year? Seems to be getting called way more often.

Reaction Score
Gradey Dick attacking closeouts for layups. Kansas using their big to set screens, completely wide open paint. We do the same stuff, but for some reason Hawkins never has a free lane to the hoop, which he should have a lot.

Reaction Score
Kansas down 9 with under 10 minutes left. Would be 3 straight losses for them.

Reaction Score
This has gotta be one of the weirdest CBB seasons in decades. Duke, UNC, Kentucky are all unranked and pretty terrible. KU loses 3 straight (has that ever happened before under Bill Self???). UConn gets to #2 and loses 5 of 6. The #1 ranked team was unranked to start the season. What the hell is going on

Reaction Score
KU's best win is a win at home by two against ISU. Not sure they have another top 25 win (current top 25).
No other current top 25 win but they beat Duke when they were #7, beat Indiana when they were #14. Those will be good wins along with Wisconsin but they're schedule is a gauntlet. Next game is Kentucky and then a bunch of ranked Big 12 teams.

caw

Reaction Score
No other current top 25 win but they beat Duke when they were #7, beat Indiana when they were #14. Those will be good wins along with Wisconsin but they're schedule is a gauntlet. Next game is Kentucky and then a bunch of ranked Big 12 teams.

Those are good wins, solid Quad 1 wins, but they do lack something right now for their resume.

It is a very tough schedule in that conference. UK is a bit down, though they have looked better recently, beating Tennessee was surprisingly impressive from a team that had been mediocre all year.

Reaction Score
This has gotta be one of the weirdest CBB seasons in decades. Duke, UNC, Kentucky are all unranked and pretty terrible. KU loses 3 straight (has that ever happened before under Bill Self???). UConn gets to #2 and loses 5 of 6. The #1 ranked team was unranked to start the season. What the hell is going on
The extra year of eligibility is a major factor for parity this season, and I’m all for it.

Caught the last ten minutes of the VT game: love Mike Young! Their arena looks like an awesome place to catch a game.

Reaction Score
Pure conjecture on my part, but I believe the rash of out of bounds calls occurred after they moved the 3-pt line out. Maybe after years of playing with the old line, players are used to standing a certain distance from the 3-pt line and can't break old habits.

1674566872136.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pure conjecture on my part, but I believe the rash of out of bounds calls occurred after they moved the 3-pt line out. Maybe after years of playing with the old line, players are used to standing a certain distance from the 3-pt line and can't break old habits.

View attachment 83386

I have never liked the corner 3, and I like it even less now. There are no offensive rebounds off it, the shooter is as far from defending his own basket as he can be and still be on the court, and now players are stepping out of bounds like crazy as they try to avoid taking long 2's.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tonight's lineup includes games with North Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio State, Rutgers, Missouri.

What do all of these P5 teams have in common? 6 or more losses, and no longer ranked in the Top 25.

The 26th vote-receiving team, Duke, lost last night, as did Wisconsin, which had the 37th highest vote total.

Carolina is the only favored road team (against Syracuse).

Reaction Score

View attachment 83386
I think with such a onus on spacing and shooting in the modern game, a lot of guys are just trying to stand as far away from the basket as possible then get caught ballwatching and don't realize they're on the line.

Reaction Score
Syracuse may end up top 3 in ACC. That is mind blowing.

They got a real easy schedule in the ACC unbalanced schedule scenarios.
Yeah, the ACC is so weird this year.

Virginia Tech is 2-7 in conference play, but I think they'd beat Syracuse, Wake Forest and Pitt (all 6-3 in ACC play) in a seven game series.

Reaction Score
So many games to watch today and I'm going to pick DePaul @ Georgetown

Why? No clue. But let's go Akok!

Reaction Score
Watching this Penn State @ Rutgers game and game in and game out I just really like this year's Rutgers team.

Their overall length is incredible, especially ultimate glue guy Caleb McConnell. Omoruyi has worked hard to develop the way he has and Mulcahy is a fun big point guard to watch. The addition of Cam Spencer has been huge in giving this tough, defensive team a shot maker. Just a lot to like in this team and Pikiell seems like a great guy.

Penn State is a quirky team: most experienced team in the nation, lowest turnover ratio, and 11th highest ratio in 3PA/FGA (39.4 3p%). Live and die by the three.

Reaction Score
Watching this Penn State @ Rutgers game and game in and game out I just really like this year's Rutgers team.

Their overall length is incredible, especially ultimate glue guy Caleb McConnell. Omoruyi has worked hard to develop the way he has and Mulcahy is a fun big point guard to watch. The addition of Cam Spencer has been huge in giving this tough, defensive team a shot maker. Just a lot to like in this team and Pikiell seems like a great guy.

Penn State is a quirky team: most experienced team in the nation, lowest turnover ratio, and 11th highest ratio in 3PA/FGA (39.4 3p%). Live and die by the three.
Would be a huge win for PSU, getting a 3rd Q1 win. Pickett can play, making great use of his 5th year. I casually root for them after being married into a Penn State family (still despise “ we are “ and everything their football team is) and think they’d be a great 10 seed that could knock off a 2 if they get hot

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Eastern Michigan V Toledo. on now CBS sports network. 29 straight points in the 1st half. Close game if you are looking for something to watch.

Reaction Score
Wow, 1 point game in the final possession. Bates with 40+

He must know this is the 1 EMU game being nationally broadcast this year

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Anyone watching the Georgetown v DePaul game? Looks look the Big East refs are determined to gift Georgetown their first Big East win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom