Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Banghart a couple years ago masterfully trolled the NC State fans on some radio interview where she said Reynolds was a “small gym" which predictably got them all riled up :D:p
Not only that, in a separate interview later, she said she only considers Duke to be a rival because both programs are classy and recruit nationally and internationally...and that she does not consider NC State a rival because our fans are blue collar and classless.

Courtney Banghart is the gift that keeps on giving. As long as she is coach of North Carolina, those two remarks will be brought back up time and again.

I still think she was dropped on her head when she was a baby. That's the only way to explain her penchant for producing locker-room material for NC State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke Blue Devils 69
Pitt Panthers 38

pitt.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow msu - Ky in ot. Starkvillians seemed dead

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miss st escapes in ot, setting up the Ky-Ga SHOWDOWN on Sunday!!!
I didn't watch since I don't have + but we clearly pulled it out by the skin of our teeth. Now to play a potentially tough game at A&M Sunday.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll say this much. If the NC State fans were hoping that this game would prove that UNC doesn't deserve to be ranked, they'll need to find something else to hope for.

I still think she was dropped on her head when she was a baby. That's the only way to explain her penchant for producing locker-room material for NC State.
For some reason, this doesn’t really bother me — hate and rivalry tends to elevate any sport.

Far from being brain damaged, she later made it abundantly clear she was intentionally stoking the rivalry to draw more media interest.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State didn't play its best tonight but held on for a 63-59 win over North Carolina.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nice redemption win for Texas, beating Baylor convincingly 67-56 with a strong second half. Baylor had beaten Texas in early January just days after Harmon's injury. It's the first time since 2009-10 that Texas has won consecutive games in Waco.

Madison Booker in particular redeemed herself with a solid win. She is far from a natural point guard but she's such a gamer. Taylor Jones, who had missed the first Baylor game with injury, also had a nice performance.

Baylor has now lost 4 of its last 6 after a 14-0 start.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
BTW...that was NC State's 5th consecutive home win over UNC...longest home winning streak for NC State in the history of the series.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'll say this much. If the NC State fans were hoping that this game would prove that UNC doesn't deserve to be ranked, they'll need to find something else to hope for.

Far from being brain damaged, she later made it abundantly clear she was intentionally stoking the rivalry to draw more media interest.

I think I've said this before, but a colleague of mine whom I respect tremendously played for Banghart at Princeton, and she couldn't speak more highly of her. I tend to trust that she knows what she's doing, and I feel pretty strongly that we'd view her comments differently if she was a man coaching a men's team...

Reaction Score
Was a great atmosphere, just got home. State came out a little too amped I thought and took some quick, forced shots. Settled in and played well but then Carolina threw some zone in and it gave the Pack some issues. Had a poor stretch with a couple turnovers and poor shot attempts that let Carolina claw back from a 9 point deficit and actually take a 3 point lead. But cooler heads prevailed and the Pack answered quickly and was able to get stops down the stretch to claim victory.

The offense struggled at times, the final 5 minutes were ugly on offense. But good win nonetheless. Zoe Brooks was a spark off the bench, Rivers was instrumental. Baldwin clearly isn’t 100%. A night where the Pack didn’t shoot it well, they found a way.

Always fun to beat the baby blues. As far as their coach’s comments, I mean I think her and Wes both play into each others fanbases to draw interest in the game. UNC-CH’s gym is roughly the same size as Reynolds so it’s an odd critique. They don’t average the same attendance either. And Duke is more relevant in men’s basketball but she apparently hasn’t paid attention the last 5 years in the women’s game if she holds that belief. Ultimately all of that is just fodder for headlines to spark emotion and interest. Which is great for the game IMO. I think her and Wes both lean into the rivalry and troll jobs. Makes it fun.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Coach Moore brought out one of his favorite sayings in the post-game press conference:

"It's an ugly baby...but it's our baby"

when describing the shooting performance. He was pleased with the defense and the rebounding.

I meant to point this out last night (amazing what a nice, deep sleep will do for the brain)...but the score was 62-59 for the final five minutes of the game until State got that one final FT to make it 63-59. Neither team made a shot in the final minutes of the game.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
TGIF hoop fans! Some good games last night and my hub got whiplash from all the channel changing, lol. Today's slate of top 25 teams brings us only one intra-top25 matchup, however another opportunity for teams to either rise towards the top of the standings, or remain mired in the mosh pit, ie, UCLA and Utah.

1706874871393.png

Reaction Score
Banghart continued her weird effort to troll State about gym sizes after the game.

https://x.com/ncsufans/status/1753298200998343043?s=46

(Idk how to embed a tweet or video! It’s a short clip of her opening comments)

She didn’t have her facts correct, not even close in some cases, but she loves to needle and honestly it’s great for the fanbases and rivalry.

It would be funny for a reporter to call her out on some of her figures and point out what UNCs average home attendance actually is - but either way, her continuing a weird troll job based on how many seats are installed inside a basketball gym adds one more spice to a fun rivalry.

Overall I think she’s a great coach and carries herself well. I also think she absolutely knows what shes saying and has a purpose behind it.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It would be funny for a reporter to call her out on some of her figures and point out what UNCs average home attendance actually is - but either way, her continuing a weird troll job based on how many seats are installed inside a basketball gym adds one more spice to a fun rivalry.
One of the writers on the NC State boards said Banghart's comments and Coach Moore's recent retort have turned an already-spicy rivalry into "full-blown white ghost pepper sauce". I've always personally enjoyed the UNC/NC State rivalry, regardless of sport, but now the WCBB rivalry is as intense as it's ever been. Exciting...and now, people across the nation are paying attention to it, too.

I wish I'd thought of that kind of wording!

Reaction Score
Nice redemption win for Texas, beating Baylor convincingly 67-56 with a strong second half. Baylor had beaten Texas in early January just days after Harmon's injury. It's the first time since 2009-10 that Texas has won consecutive games in Waco.

Madison Booker in particular redeemed herself with a solid win. She is far from a natural point guard but she's such a gamer. Taylor Jones, who had missed the first Baylor game with injury, also had a nice performance.

Baylor has now lost 4 of its last 6 after a 14-0 start.
My 2 comments in this week's poll was that both KSt and Baylor were treated way too generously by the voters.

Reaction Score
Except at 23 with a loss they probably will drop out. Losing by 4 on the road to the #5 shouldn't cost you, but voters dont pay attention.

Thank goodness Louisville and Creighton won challenging games this week, otherwise UConn might be down to 1 or 0 ranked wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Except at 23 with a loss they probably will drop out. Losing by 4 on the road to the #5 shouldn't cost you, but voters dont pay attention.
For UNC their game on Sunday vs VaTech probably determines whether they stay ranked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom