Week 11 AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 11 AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The coaches poll dropped ESPN (could've been the other way around, not sure) a few years ago, ESPN uses the AP rankings now. Just the USA today Coaches Poll now.
Obviously I didn't know that. Thanks for the update. I thought it was business as usual without checking first.

Reaction Score
Sorry, you have losses to Monmouth and Alabama, you have only one single decent OOC victory, you have 5 losses, I don't care if you play offense like Westhead's Denver Nuggets, but you should not be getting any votes.

They really don't have any bad losses. Even a team like Alabama is top 40 in the RPI with wins over Wichita State and South Carolina to their name. Monmouth has beaten UCLA and USC and played Dayton to the wire. They're also far from bad.

When you can notch a victory on a neutral court over Iowa in addition to a win in Cameron, you have a case to be ranked. Those are two of the best wins in the country. I'll also mention that they beat Stony Brook by 25, a team that is 51st in KenPom and would probably be around 30 without the loss to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
They really don't have any bad losses. Even a team like Alabama is top 40 in the RPI with wins over Wichita State and South Carolina to their name. Monmouth has beaten UCLA and USC and played Dayton to the wire. They're also far from bad.

When you can notch a victory on a neutral court over Iowa in addition to a win in Cameron, you have a case to be ranked. Those are two of the best wins in the country. I'll also mention that they beat Stony Brook by 25, a team that is 51st in KenPom and would probably be around 30 without the loss to Notre Dame.

We are really reaching here when we talk of wins over Alabama, and Stony Brook, and Monmouth.

Reaction Score
We are really reaching here when we talk of wins over Alabama, and Stony Brook, and Monmouth.
Yeah, but when you look past the names and recognize the quality of basketball those teams are playing, it makes more sense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You think Vandy football fans go to Florida State message boards to brag about Alabama and LSU? Do you seem how strange your presence is here? Very creepy.

As an Alum, we definitely don't. I distinctly remember taking it right up the arse from Spurrier every year.

Reaction Score

When I look at Monmouth, I see a really good low major that is capable of upsetting good teams. But only WHEN those good teams overlook them. It's like UConn v. New Hampshire earlier this year. If New Hampshire had been Monmouth, UConn might have had another loss. Granted, Georgetown should have had plenty of forewarning given the previous two upsets, but I mean, Monmouth has actually lost to Army. Army!!!

caw

Reaction Score
Someone I ignore must be posting because I don't see any odd posts. Love that feature.

Reaction Score
AP Poll no vote, ND not votes in Coaches. AP is obviously the one to watch, more accurate
Neither matter at the end of the day, but if that helps you out sure.

Reaction Score
Neither matter at the end of the day, but if that helps you out sure.

Wow. Are you seriously dense about this? The Coaches vote is filled in by people who don't even bother. All sorts of craziness, like Duke at #12. It's like this every week. A complete joke. You knew very well what I was saying about the relative usefulness of both polls.

Reaction Score
Wow. Are you seriously dense about this? The Coaches vote is filled in by people who don't even bother. All sorts of craziness, like Duke at #12. It's like this every week. A complete joke. You knew very well what I was saying about the relative usefulness of both polls.
The only dense one is you, but I expect this type of non-sense from you as well.

Reaction Score

Hey man, I have no problem with Stony Brook being included in the "strength of schedule" considerations. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom