Week 11 AP Poll | The Boneyard

Week 11 AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Obviously no huskies, but Duke did drop to 20 and UK dropped to 23 (shocking I know, neither dropped out). Others of note Maryland at 7, SMU 8 and our friends from RI at 16. Coaches poll remains a joke with Duke at 12 is all you really need to know, although UConn did receive votes 7th team out. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/ap

Reaction Score
A win over Duke greatly enhances your rep. Notre Dame got 14 votes with 5 losses, some to crappy teams. Wins over Duke and Iowa. Great wins, but they've taken bad losses and had one of the weakest OOCs.

Reaction Score
A win over Duke greatly enhances your rep. Notre Dame got 14 votes with 5 losses, some to crappy teams. Wins over Duke and Iowa. Great wins, but they've taken bad losses and had one of the weakest OOCs.
Would not say any of their losses are crappy other than Alabama. They are #1 offensive efficiency team in the country. They seem to be ranked appropriately.

Reaction Score
Is 1 of them the team you root for? Or you still trying to live off the success of others?

I don't live off of any college basketball teams success. I hope you don't either. You were eating popcorn, it wasn't much of a personal achievement.

Reaction Score
I don't live off of any college basketball teams success. I hope you don't either. You were eating popcorn, it wasn't much of a personal achievement.
You think Vandy football fans go to Florida State message boards to brag about Alabama and LSU? Do you seem how strange your presence is here? Very creepy.

Reaction Score
Would not say any of their losses are crappy other than Alabama. They are #1 offensive efficiency team in the country. They seem to be ranked appropriately.

Sorry, you have losses to Monmouth and Alabama, you have only one single decent OOC victory, you have 5 losses, I don't care if you play offense like Westhead's Denver Nuggets, but you should not be getting any votes.

Reaction Score
Sorry, you have losses to Monmouth and Alabama, you have only one single decent OOC victory, you have 5 losses, I don't care if you play offense like Westhead's Denver Nuggets, but you should not be getting any votes.
So you have an issue with UConn receiving votes as well? ND has better wins, 0 losses outside the RPI Top 50, and a SOS a lot higher than UConn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Two Big East teams in the top-5, pretty good.

The last time a current member of the Big East won the NCAA hoops tourney, it was 31 years ago. To put it in perspective, the Shuttle Challenger hadn't exploded, the movies Top Gun and Ferris Bueller hadn't been made, and Jefferson Starship hadn't yet "Built This City".

Keep livin' the dream, bro... ;)

Reaction Score
The last time a current member of the Big East won the NCAA hoops tourney, it was 31 years ago. To put it in perspective, the Shuttle Challenger hadn't exploded, the movies Top Gun and Ferris Bueller hadn't been made, and Jefferson Starship hadn't yet "Built This City".

Yea well, the last time UConn won it, there were only 6 Star Wars movies!

Reaction Score

That's all wonderful information that has nothing to do with this thread.

Reaction Score
You think Vandy football fans go to Florida State message boards to brag about Alabama and LSU? Do you seem how strange your presence is here? Very creepy.

I have no idea what they do, but I do know many UCONN fans are on many other teams boards.

You realize this is just the internet. Opening a browser page isn't exactly a difficult or time consuming thing to do.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what they do, but I do know many UCONN fans are on many other teams boards.

You realize this is just the internet. Opening a browser page isn't exactly a difficult or time consuming thing to do.

It's cool man, who do you like?

Reaction Score
So you have an issue with UConn receiving votes as well? ND has better wins, 0 losses outside the RPI Top 50, and a SOS a lot higher than UConn.

???

UConn didn't get any votes, and i have no issues with the lack of them.

Reaction Score
Sort of surprised to see Clemson didn't make it in after beating Louisville, Duke and Miami back to back to back. I can't believe Duke stayed at 12 in the coaches poll. Unreal.

Reaction Score
Sort of surprised to see Clemson didn't make it in after beating Louisville, Duke and Miami back to back to back. I can't believe Duke stayed at 12 in the coaches poll. Unreal.
What's Duke's best win? vs. Indiana?

That's their only Top 50 win, sitting at 47.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Clemson has 6 losses which include a 17 pt loss to UMass, a 23 pt loss to Georgia and losses to Alabama and Minnesota. If they keep winning they'll be in but those are some ugly losses as it is they're the 2nd team out.
Clemsons RPI profile via ESPN currently 81, UConn is currently 64 for comparison. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/groupId/2/teamId/228

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Obviously no huskies, but Duke did drop to 20 and UK dropped to 23 (shocking I know, neither dropped out). Others of note Maryland at 7, SMU 8 and our friends from RI at 16. Coaches poll remains a joke with Duke at 12 is all you really need to know, although UConn did receive votes 7th team out. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/ap
Duke to 20.Wow, I cannot remember if Duke was ever down there in years. That must be a mistake or the AP is receiving pressure on doing the right thing. We have a real good home stand we will break the 25 again.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

LOL!!!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Duke to 20.Wow, I cannot remember if Duke was ever down there in years. That must be a mistake or the AP is receiving pressure on doing the right thing. We have a real good home stand we will break the 25 again.
If Duke had this same home stand and swept they'd be back in the top 10, we'll be lucky to be 20-25 or the top half of receiving votes haha.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yes The ESPN/Coaches Poll. ESPN get it??

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Yes The ESPN/Coaches Poll. ESPN get it??
The coaches poll dropped ESPN (could've been the other way around, not sure) a few years ago, ESPN uses the AP rankings now. Just the USA today Coaches Poll now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom