Week 10 - game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So ND needs to recruit students from a specific area? Really? Look I get that you are obsessed with getting UConn in a P5 conference but the bottom line is if a P5 conference actually wanted them they would be in one and there is zero incentive for any of the current P5 conferences to expand in the foreseeable future as there would be no financial gain
I am obsessed? The school is obsessed, you dingbat. I just parrot basic selling points. Holy cow. Ramble on. I am not even going to bother.

You obviously have college athletics over your own head. The ACC wanted us over Pitt and UL but the P5 is a mirage. We're new to the D1A scape. Get a grip. We got some geniuses here.

Reaction Score
Tell that to Swarbick. :rolleyes:
You honestly think that he is even close to having the authority to put ND into a conference after 100 plus years of independence? You’re more lost than I thought

Reaction Score
I am obsessed? The school is obsessed, you dingbat. I just parrot basic selling points. Holy cow. Ramble on. I am not even going to bother.

You obviously have college athletics over your own head. The ACC wanted us over Pitt and UL but the P5 is a mirage. We're new to the D1A scape. Get a grip. We got some geniuses here.
Well it’s obvious parroting is what you do best as original thoughts would be too difficult

Reaction Score
So ND needs to recruit students from a specific area? Really? Look I get that you are obsessed with getting UConn in a P5 conference but the bottom line is if a P5 conference actually wanted them they would be in one and there is zero incentive for any of the current P5 conferences to expand in the foreseeable future as there would be no financial gain
By the way, trust me, I don't look forward to any P5 crap. Dealing with airheaded stuff like this will only become more common.

Oh, Notre Dame is already dominated by Midwestern students. Geez.

Reaction Score
Well it’s obvious parroting is what you do best as original thoughts would be too difficult
Whatever makes you feel better. Kinda funny you'd construe my thoughts as original in the first place.

Reaction Score
By the way, trust me, I don't look forward to any P5 crap. Dealing with airheaded stuff like this will only become more common.
BTW since I have worked on lincenseing and marketing agreements with at least 50 P5schools plus ND I will ask Jack next time I speak with him

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
BTW since I have worked on lincenseing and marketing agreements with at least 50 P5schools plus ND I will ask Jack next time I speak with him
Yeah, he's definitely going to tell you. :rolleyes:

Butch is just pushing buttons here. ND to ACC as full conf member is easy dog whistle stuff around here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I turned the Clemson-ND game off after ND punted the ball back with 2:10 to go in the fourth. I proceeded to fall asleep hard on the couch and eventually went to bed a couple hours later. Needless to say I found my twitter feed a little confusing this morning thinking that Clemson had won.

Decent highlight package here for those that might have missed the ending. What's missing from the package is a run through of how ND's D stymied Clemson to a quick three and out to get the ball back one more time with 1:48 to go.

• 1st & 10 at CLEM 47
    (2:09 - 4th) D.J. Uiagalelei run for 1 yd to the Clem 48

• (2:06 - 4th) Timeout NOTRE DAME, clock 02:06
  • 2nd & 9 at CLEM 48
    (2:04 - 4th) Travis Etienne run for a loss of 5 yards to the Clem 43
  • 3rd & 14 at CLEM 43
    (1:54 - 4th) D.J. Uiagalelei pass complete to Travis Etienne for 5 yds to the Clem 48
  • 4th & 9 at CLEM 48
    (1:48 - 4th) Will Spiers punt for 43 yds, fair catch by Matt Salerno at the NDame 9

Reaction Score

Oh, Notre Dame is already dominated by Midwestern students. Geez.
Most football and basketball fans in Indiana have zero interest in ND athletics. They follow and support their state Universities IU and Purdue.
Butler gets more coverage during basketball season
Much like everyone on the boneyard- it's about UConn not Yale

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is definitely going to join the ACC as a full member one day now....

Yep, i'd be real surprised if they did not as well. Cincy has done a nice job of slotting itself with their emergence in fball for that balancing spot, not to mention their location. I think they'll be reshuffling this week's polls. Cincy will stay at 6, and Florida may leap them. AAC member has opportunity to sneak in later with others losing down the stretch if they can run the table. AAC has has i think 5 or 6 teams crack the top 25 this year so the perception is better than it was at the start. Will be interesting to watch. Injuries and covid may play a factor as we saw last night with Clemson.

Reaction Score
Most football and basketball fans in Indiana have zero interest in ND athletics. They follow and support their state Universities IU and Purdue.
Butler gets more coverage during basketball season
Much like everyone on the boneyard- it's about UConn not Yale
My post was about students, not fans.

Reaction Score
It's as if the death penalty never happened at SMU now. That penalty was an injustice compared to what happens to other public schools who transgress in much worse ways.

Haven't we yet to win a game against SMU in football?
The death penalty was over 30 years ago. It was an injustice compared to other violations but SMU has had many years to recover especially in a talent rich state like Texas.

Reaction Score
Yep, i'd be real surprised if they did not as well. Cincy has done a nice job of slotting itself with their emergence in fball for that balancing spot, not to mention their location. I think they'll be reshuffling this week's polls. Cincy will stay at 6, and Florida may leap them. AAC member has opportunity to sneak in later with others losing down the stretch if they can run the table. AAC has has i think 5 or 6 teams crack the top 25 this year so the perception is better than it was at the start. Will be interesting to watch. Injuries and covid may play a factor as we saw last night with Clemson.
You know Louisville and Cincinnati are very close to each other? That might be a problem.

Reaction Score
You know Louisville and Cincinnati are very close to each other? That might be a problem.

Yea, I lived in Cincy for 10 years. However, Cincy is well located with ND up north, and there is a pretty strong Cincy/Louisville rivalry. I think the bigger thing is though an Ohio school puts the Acc in the very, very lucrative recruiting area. There were a number of kids on both sides of the ball for Clemson/Nd in that game from the metro Cincy area last night. That doesn't hurt. I follow a number of these recruiting services in fb, and they've probably had the biggest jump in grabbing quality kids as anybody. They've played the AAC well in fball.

Reaction Score
Yea, I lived in Cincy for 10 years. However, Cincy is well located with ND up north, and there is a pretty strong Cincy/Louisville rivalry. I think the bigger thing is though an Ohio school puts the Acc in the very, very lucrative recruiting area. There were a number of kids on both sides of the ball for Clemson/Nd in that game from the metro Cincy area last night. That doesn't hurt. I follow a number of these recruiting services in fb, and they've probably had the biggest jump in grabbing quality kids as anybody. They've played the AAC well in fball.
Explains ND's game at UL. UC would probably end up with Big 12 schools, methinks. Don't think ND or UL would want to help the best players around Cincinnati playing for UC against them.

Do have to say, it's comedic how Cincinnati fans feel much more confident than UConn fans, as if they belong in the P5. While ours whimper, oh, no one wants us! Waaaa. We're in between New York and Boston, while Cincinnati is in between Louisville and Columbus.

Reaction Score
Explains ND's game at UL. UC would probably end up with Big 12 schools, methinks. Don't think ND or UL would want to help the best players around Cincinnati playing for UC against them.

Do have to say, it's comedic how Cincinnati fans feel much more confident than UConn fans, as if they belong in the P5. While ours whimper, oh, no one wants us! Waaaa. We're in between New York and Boston, while Cincinnati is in between Louisville and Columbus.
Great observation. Losing, low expectations and excuses are all choices. We have huge geographic, media market and academic advantages, but choose to wallow in small thinking.

Reaction Score
Great observation. Losing, low expectations and excuses are all choices. We have huge geographic, media market and academic advantages, but choose to wallow in small thinking.
Drop the program! Waaaaaaa!

That mentality will be laughed at, if remembered in the future.

Seriously, we might as well keep shooting ourselves in the feet.

Reaction Score
Looks like Temple has dropped a notch or so with a 1-4 record with a close victory over USF. Could be looking at 1-7 if don't beat ECU (which is no gimmie as ECU beat USF by more than Temple).

Temple had couple of good coaches, not sure about current guy, but shows how easy it is to fall from ok team to bad team for school that don't get a pile of sought after high school kids. This is what HCRE2.0 is up against and its made harder by his 3 yards (rushing or passing to sidelines) and a small cloud of dust offense. Median offensive points per game for FBS teams in 2020 is 29.2 ppg, UConn has only reached that level 5 times in 3 years of HCRE2.0 at the FBS level and only 1 was a victory.

Reaction Score

It's encouraging at bare minimum that you can put a top program on the field outside of the p5. It starts with recruiting. First and foremost you have to have a crew who can sell guys on what you are doing. You can't change where you are located, or history for that matter.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the meaningless, parochial geography lesson. Applying the same logic, one might also point out that UConn is located between Portland, ME and Wilmington DE, or that Cincy is located between South Bend and Atlanta or between Pittsburgh and Dallas. It's all about proximity, you say? Well, in terms of college football prowess, can't we all just agree that Louisville and Columbus trump Boston and New York?

Yep, Storrs is located between two major markets, but what has that done for UConn football? Don't you have the nagging feeling that you're sitting on the sidelines while the world passes you by?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the meaningless, parochial geography lesson. Applying the same logic, one might also point out that UConn is located between Portland, ME and Wilmington DE, or that Cincy is located between South Bend and Atlanta or between Pittsburgh and Dallas. It's all about proximity, you say? Well, in terms of college football prowess, can't we all just agree that Louisville and Columbus trump Boston and New York?

Yep, Storrs is located between two major markets, but what has that done for UConn football? Don't you have the nagging feeling that you're sitting on the sidelines while the world passes you by?
No. Thanks for expressing your own issues.

I couldn't even care if UConn goes D3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger