Wednesday (3/13) games | The Boneyard

Wednesday (3/13) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Only one championship game, on CBSSN:
Mountain West: Boise St (1) vs. Wyoming (3) (10pm ET)

== == == ==

MAC quarterfinals* (on ESPN+)
Central Michigan (1) vs. Eastern Michigan (9) (12pm ET)
Buffalo (4) vs. Kent St (5) (2:30pm)
Ohio (2) vs. Northern Illinois (7) (5pm)
Miami OH (3) vs. Toledo (6) (7:30pm)

*Of all remaining conference tournaments, the MAC can have the greatest impact on the NCAA bracket and bubble picture. CMU is a lock; Ohio and Buffalo are on the bubble. Depending on how the chips fall, anywhere from 1 to 4 MAC teams could get in.

== == == ==

Atlantic Sun semifinals (7pm ET on ESPN+):
North Florida (5) at Liberty (3)
Kennesaw St (7) at Florida Gulf Coast (1)

Big Sky semifinals (on Eleven Sports):
Idaho (1) vs. Portland St (4) (7:30pm ET)
Northern Colorado (2) vs. Eastern Washington (6) (10pm)

Other conferences in action:
Quarterfinals: Big West, WAC
First/second round: C-USA, Colonial, Sun Belt

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not meaning to get ahead of you but -- Coming Attractions --- NEC and America East are ahead this week

Where Hartford and Sacred Heart attempt to place FOUR State of Connecticut teams into the big dance.

Long shot but it could happen.

Imagine that ? If this state had 4 teams in.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Central Michigan down 3 to Eastern Michigan with 8 seconds to go. CMU has the ball and will get a chance to tie it here.

If it holds, this would be a major upset, and would pose a possible bid-stealing scenario in the MAC.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did I jinx Eastern Michigan? Presley Hudson sinks a 3-pointer at the buzzer to send the game to OT, where CMU survives, 88-80.

It must be stated that this was really awful situational defense by Eastern. No one helped out on the screen and Hudson got a wide open look.

Still, props to Hudson for being once again so clutch.

Reaction Score
Could Gonzaga's loss to BYU impact Tennessee's chances of getting into the tourney?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2 time defending Colonial Champs..... HuskyNan's Elon's squad went down in the first round to Hofstra 77-75. In the Throw out the Record book game of the day...... My Aggies of NCA&T defeated their arch rival NCCU (Central)..... actually they clipped the wings of those Eagles 79-49.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Could Gonzaga's loss to BYU impact Tennessee's chances of getting into the tourney?
Gonzaga is at worst a 6 or 7 seed even with the loss. No impact on Tennessee's status.

Plebe

Reaction Score
(Mods, should we move this thread to the new subforum as well?)

For those still awake, the Mountain West final is just underway between Boise St (27-4) and Wyoming (22-7) on CBS Sports Network.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
(Mods, should we move this thread to the new subforum as well?)

For those still awake, the Mountain West final is just underway between Boise St (27-4) and Wyoming (22-7) on CBS Sports Network.

I hadn't paid very close attention to BSU. 27-4 record is fairly gaudy. Not much in the way of quality wins so I don't think they'd get an at large bid. Just out of curiosity I looked at Coach Presnell's record there, they've won the conference tourney 3 of the last 4 years. I vaguely remember several huge momentum swings back and forth when BSU beat Washington in December.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, Boise State is the perfect example of why a great win-loss record and a great resume are not the same thing.

I just spotted a familiar face on the Boise State bench: Oregon transfer Mallory McGwire (sitting out this year).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just spotted a familiar face on the Boise State bench: Oregon transfer Mallory McGwire (sitting out this year).

She was fairly solid at UO, I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a big contributor next season.

Reaction Score
I hadn't paid very close attention to BSU. 27-4 record is fairly gaudy. Not much in the way of quality wins so I don't think they'd get an at large bid. Just out of curiosity I looked at Coach Presnell's record there, they've won the conference tourney 3 of the last 4 years. I vaguely remember several huge momentum swings back and forth when BSU beat Washington in December.
If they win, the Mountain West Champion has an automatic spot in the NCAA tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If they win, the Mountain West Champion has an automatic spot in the NCAA tournament.

I was referring to their chances of an at large bid if they don't win tonight. Right now that looks like a non issue, they are in control of this game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She was fairly solid at UO, I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a big contributor next season.
Seeing McGwire prompted me to do a check-in with the other Oregon out-transfers:
-- Sierra Campisano apparently sat out her transfer year at Cal Poly.
-- Aina Ayuso supposedly went back home to turn pro (but never heard for sure if she did).
-- Anneli Maley transferred to TCU and was granted a waiver for immediate eligiblity by the NCAA.

However, I see that Maley, after playing 10 games for TCU (3 of which she started), apparently left the team and, as far as I can tell, moved back to Australia:

[...] the biggest news may well have come in the form of Anneli Maley’s departure from TCU. The sophomore had transferred from Oregon after her freshman year, and after receiving a waiver to play immediately had earned the occasional start for TCU, but her career in Fort Worth appears to have come to an abrupt end.​

NCAA Women: Goodchild picks up ACC Rookie of the Week

Plebe

Reaction Score
Boise State really dominated the MW final, 68-51. The Broncos' 3rd consecutive conference title.

Meanwhile, there's a tight finish in progress in the 2nd Big Sky semifinal. Northern Colorado just hit a bucket with 7 seconds left to take a 1-point lead over Eastern Washington.

WHOA. Then an EWU player, inbounding the ball under her own basket, throws the ball off an opponent's back and scores an and-1 to give EW the win by 2.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Boise State really dominated the MW final, 68-51. The Broncos' 3rd consecutive conference title.

Meanwhile, there's a tight finish in progress in the 2nd Big Sky semifinal. Northern Colorado just hit a bucket with 7 seconds left to take a 1-point lead over Eastern Washington.

WHOA. Then an EWU player, inbounding the ball under her own basket, throws the ball off an opponent's back and scores an and-1 to give EW the win by 2.

The real UNC goes down to defeat. Was that game on ESPN+ ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom