Wear White if You Go to the Rutgers Game | The Boneyard

Wear White if You Go to the Rutgers Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Rutgers is debuting their new black jerseys. They are asking their fans to wear black as part of a black out. Smart move on their part since most UConn fans will probably wear navy which won't stand out as much on TV.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rutgers is debuting their new black jerseys. They are asking their fans to wear black as part of a black out. Smart move on their part since most UConn fans will probably wear navy which won't stand out as much on TV.

You make a good point for those of us UC fans making the trip.

Not sure where you heard that Rutgirls are wearing black jerseys but do you know the color of their pants? If they're black too I hope our boys come to play in 100% National Flag blue. As fans we want to stand out but would love for our D to blend in and confuse.

If only we could dress the O in all white!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Aren't blackouts more appropriate at night games? This may look a little strange at 12 noon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Aren't blackouts more appropriate at night games? This may look a little strange at 12 noon.

this would look strange at 12 noon at 99% of stadiums in america. but this at rutgers will look normal compared to all the other dumb things that state has to offer.

mets1090

Reaction Score
You make a good point for those of us UC fans making the trip.

Not sure where you heard that Rutgirls are wearing black jerseys but do you know the color of their pants? If they're black too I hope our boys come to play in 100% National Flag blue. As fans we want to stand out but would love for our D to blend in and confuse.

If only we could dress the O in all white!
I was checking out tickets available and they weren't on ticketmaster so I went through the RU site (if I go I'll buy through UConn, I might not have a full time job but saving the $15 isn't as important as helping UConn's road sales). It's on their home page. I may have read that they are all black.

mets1090

Reaction Score
http://ihatelupica.blogspot.com/2012/05/rutgers-introduces-scarred-helmets-with.html
rutgers-new-football-uniforms-3beec06f63309c6c.jpeg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the most important thing about this game is that we send every one of the million recruits rutgers is hosting home saying, wow rutgers is cool and all but 2 years in a row they were the hyped team that got smashed by uconn. lets go check out wtf uconn is doing that makes them beat up rutgers. then they walk in to the practice facilty and boom, sign on the line.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
this would look strange at 12 noon at 99% of stadiums in america. but this at rutgers will look normal compared to all the other dumb things that state has to offer.

Jersey gets a bad rap (and rightly so) because of things things like the Meadowlands, Rutgirls, Seaside/Snooki, the Hindenburg, the entire Hurley family and for being the birthplace of both Tony Siragusa and Greg Schiano.

However, NJ has some beautiful Northern, Southern and Shore areas. My parents own a home on LBI, which is like a slice of heaven. There's also the fact that it's the home of the very lovely girl with the questionable face but amazing body who took my innocense.

I remember that 27 seconds as if it were yesterday.

mets1090

Reaction Score
However, NJ has some beautiful Northern, Southern and Shore areas. My parents own a home on LBI, which is like a slice of heaven. There's also the fact that it's the home of the very lovely girl with the questionable face but amazing body who took my innocense.

I'm sorry to hear that your mom has a questionable face.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jersey gets a bad rap (and rightly so) because of things things like the Meadowlands, Rutgirls, Seaside/Snooki, the Hindenburg, the entire Hurley family and for being the birthplace of both Tony Siragusa and Greg Schiano.

LBI is great. Most people have no clue about Jersey once you leave the Turnpike or Garden State. Still I think you have to let this stuff go during Rutgirls week.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear that your mom has a questionable face.

You're going to punk out and make Mom jokes?

I can't bitch about what you wrote because I actually fought on foreign soil to secure you that right.

You and the coward TRest, who liked your post, are the exact reason I lurked before signing up here. I convinced myself that the BY had weeded out the assholes and I could use it as a vessel to have some fun and talk about my my passion, which is UConn sports.

My posts may not always rub everyone the right way but I've never crossed the line that you just did.

PM me your name and email so you can make that comment in person. Not to me, but to my Mother.

She's at all home games you slug.

Reaction Score
I never heard of any government punishing anyone for mom jokes anywhere in the world.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What the heck just happened??? I thought everyone was joking around, but apparently not. Perhaps I missed a "back-story" from another thread??? "When keeping it real goes wrong..."

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-...-keeping-it-real-goes-wrong---vernon-franklin

That was my first thought.

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but here's how I see it. I wrote a self-deprecating post in jest and some puke, who I have no good/bad history with, disrespects my Mother?

There's no backstory.

Let me know if that's considered funny here and I'll delete my account tonight. Where I grew up and how I was raised, that type of comment would get you bruised real quick.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That was my first thought.

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but here's how I see it. I wrote a self-deprecating post in jest and some Fecunditying puke, who I have no good/bad history with, disrespects my Mother?

There's no backstory.

Let me know if that's considered funny here and I'll delete my account tonight. Where I grew up and how I was raised, that type of comment would get you bruised real quick.

Well, what I can say is that Mets1090 doesn't strike me as the douchy type, based on my past encounters with him on many of the threads. I'm guessing he was just trying to land a joke that absolutely missed the mark! I won't speak for him, as I'm sure he'll be able to comment on this himself. I just thought that he was trying to seize the joke (carpe jokem) and he up...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I never heard of any government punishing anyone for mom jokes anywhere in the world.

Read my post again. Particularly the part about me not having a right to bitch based on the fact that I can personally respect 1090's right to benefit from the First Amendment.

My responses have not been based on politics my friend.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well, what I can say is that Mets1090 doesn't strike me as the douchy type, based on my past encounters with him on many of the threads. I'm guessing he was just trying to land a joke that absolutely missed the mark! I won't speak for him, as I'm sure he'll be able to comment on this himself. I just thought that he was trying to seize the joke (carpe jokem) and he up...

I'm not looking for a fight after school, so I honestly hope that's the case.

I agree that he'll address my comments himself. It's not like I haven't made Mom jokes before in my day but they weren't unsolicited to complete strangers. I've been part of enough skirmishes in real life that I don't have any desire for another. Especially one on here. That said, I don't shy away from or take back anything I've posted since his remark.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think it was funny but I would have assumed he knew you because I would only take a shot like that at someone I know who knows I was joking. Bad form mets.

Reaction Score
It was funny. Lighten up Francis. Although for the record where i come from when you want to make a Mama joke without being offensive you use the term Mama, as opposed to Mom or Mother.

Reaction Score

The time was set by ESPN(U) when they made the decision to pick up the game.

Reaction Score
It was funny. Lighten up Francis. Although for the record where i come from when you want to make a Mama joke without being offensive you use the term Mama, as opposed to Mom or Mother.

I kind of think the humor was a little dissonant. Normally a mom joke happens in response to an actual insult. In this case someone told a story and then he accused him of losing his virginity to his mom. Didn't compute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom