We would Win this game at Gampel | The Boneyard

We would Win this game at Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yes, this is far from the primary problem. Coaching, gameplan, execution are the reasons we lost. But doesn't it just feel we perform better at Gampel?

This year- 4-0 at Gampel, winning each game by atleast 20 points.
3-1 at XL with loss to Temple and a much closer game than it should have been against UMass-Lowell.

I might be making something out of nothing, but it feels like our focus is always sharper at Gampel. Everyone's in close quarters, it's on campus, loud, and much more of a home court environment. Now that we are in the AAC, conference games are so much more crucial than they were in the Big East. We need all the advantage we can get. It may not make a significant difference, but the home-environment could be the difference between a 15-3 conference record and a 13-5 record. They'll never take games away from Hartford but I wish they would.

One of our problems tonight was lack of energy and movement, and that's rarely a problem at Gampel.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Their problems are independent of the address of the whatever building they happen to be in.

We've seen them play brain-dead basketball in two countries and three states thus far.

Reaction Score
Had a pretty bad record at Gampel last year in comparison to XL. Regular season losses vs Texas, Yale, Memphis. Only lost to Temple at XL Center.

Maybe we should just move the Temple game to Gampel.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Had a pretty bad record at Gampel last year in comparison to XL. Regular season losses vs Texas, Yale, Memphis. Only lost to Temple at XL Center.

Maybe we should just move the Temple game to Gampel.
Well last year's team was just flat-out incompetent. I guess my point is that home conference games are more important than ever and it just feels like our energy is higher at Gampel.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, there would have been about half as many people at the game if it was at Gampel. We lost to Yale at Gampel last year.

Reaction Score
The problem is that the crowd can't get into it when it knows the game is yet again in jeopardy against an inferior team. It is deflating. You sit there and think about how bad we are and how terrible we are offensively and one steal or basket doesn't bring the building to life. It's too obvious that we are playing terrible basketball and the light bulb isn't about to turn on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The team has to help the crowd out, too. They were on their feet and loud during crunch time. But in the other parts of the game, it seemed whenever the crowd got going they gave up an easy score.

Reaction Score
Well last year's team was just flat-out incompetent. I guess my point is that home conference games are more important than ever and it just feels like our energy is higher at Gampel.
Guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Not really. If yesterday's game was at Gampel it would have been dead. Weeknight games at Gampel, especially later than 7pm, are poison these days. That's why all the Gampel games (but 1) are on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom