We won becaue of JLAMB taking over the game! Finally! | The Boneyard

We won becaue of JLAMB taking over the game! Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big props to Jlamb for carrying us on offense. He was a monster! Love his hard cuts getting over screens and taking the ball to the rim hard. If Lamb can play like this every game we have a chance to win. He is really are only good offensive player and we have to milk him as such. He actually played with enthusiasm and wanted the ball at the end of the game. Proud of you JL for stepping up and being the player we thought you were and could be!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!

Reaction Score
Agreed, 20 shots minimum should be the memo drilled into him and I was glad that he tried to take it to the basket and went to his midrange, pull up game that he's put away in storage far too often this season. He missed his early 3s and decided to take it in closer to get a rhythm going instead of continuing to launch from deep. He's played pretty well the past 3 games, hopefully this was a sign that he's kicked it into high gear for the stretch run.

Reaction Score
He probably realized with the NCAA dragging their feet forever in an effort to push Lamb and Drummond out the door that he needed to show something besides potential to NBA scouts, and fast.

Reaction Score
Agreed, 20 shots minimum should be the memo drilled into him and I was glad that he tried to take it to the basket and went to his midrange, pull up game that he's put away in storage far too often this season. He missed his early 3s and decided to take it in closer to get a rhythm going instead of continuing to launch from deep. He's played pretty well the past 3 games, hopefully this was a sign that he's kicked it into high gear for the stretch run.
Yep. But this was the first game he was assertive when his outside shot wasn't falling. His dribble and dish to AO was thing of beauty. We go as far as JL can take us and ofcourse playing great defense inside. Even the announcers noticed that the normally sedate J Lamb played with some fire in himself tonight. Great to see as he has so much ability. He knows he has NBA skills he just needs to bring the whole repertoire every game. Props again to a great game by J Lamb as I was very proud to see this from our best player.

Reaction Score
he has a nice crossover and can get to the rim, which causes defenders to sag off. if he can drill that pull up 3, watch out!

Reaction Score
During the chat, I said that 80% the shots should go to Lamb. No one could seem to score during some stretches of that game. I felt a bad pass to Lamb or a bad shot by Lamb was better than a good pass to or shot from anyone else.

Reaction Score
During the chat, I said that 80% the shots should go to Lamb. No one could seem to score during some stretches of that game. I felt a bad pass to Lamb or a bad shot by Lamb was better than a good pass to or shot from anyone else.
The offense has to go through him. He is our best playmaker on the team. He justs has to get tougher at the top of the key when they try to double team him. He needs to handle the ball on every possession if we hope to win out.

Reaction Score
Refs let the defenders play him very physically for a pre-season 1st Team All-BE. It often results in his handle being a bit weak. That TO to Cheeks he was being rid by the defender.

Let's hope he either tightens it up a bit or the refs start to call it a little more tightly.

Reaction Score
Refs let the defenders play him very physically for a pre-season 1st Team All-BE. It often results in his handle being a bit weak. That TO to Cheeks he was being rid by the defender.

Let's hope he either tightens it up a bit or the refs start to call it a little more tightly.
they will in the tourney... don't forget kemba OOC last year and in the tourney..... the BEast refs let them play, whereas tourney officiating will reward guys like Napier, Lamb and Boat when they get hit

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
they will in the tourney... don't forget kemba OOC last year and in the tourney..... the BEast refs let them play, whereas tourney officiating will reward guys like Napier, Lamb and Boat when they get hit

This is part of how an out-toughed 9-9 BE team was able to win the NC last year.

Reaction Score
Lamb took over, but there was a concerted effort to get him the ball as much as possible.

Reaction Score
Most importantly note that when UConn was playing terribly, and Lamb's shot wasn't falling early, things turned around because he got to the rim and, in turn, got to the line. That's something we've been missing all year, settling for jumpers instead of penetrating inside.

Couldn't agree more. He was practically sodomized on that play that resulted in the Cheek steal. I was getting furious. It was a little odd because the refs pattern all game was "anything without a weapon" is fine in the paint, but they called plenty of touch stuff on the perimeter. They also let Johnson spend half the game in the Heisman pose stiff-arming any and all UConn defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom