We win these games when we have an Alpha | The Boneyard

We win these games when we have an Alpha

Reaction Score
When we have someone who can consistently get their own shot, be the release valve, and can run the team. Next year and going forward we will have that guy
Who? If you’re talking about Cole I hope you’re right, but calling a guy who we’ve never seen play an alpha who is able to get his own shot at will seems a bit presumptuous.

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, this team was just one player away this season...simple as that. If we had Achiuwa and Memphis did not, this is a 10 point win at least. Its tough because we are going on year 4 missing the big dance so the frustration is at an all time high.

Reaction Score
If we win the remaining games at home and steal one on the road, we go into the AAC tourney at 17-14 and a guaranteed winning record. At this point I’ll take that.

Reaction Score
We need someone who we can give the ball to at the end of a shot clock and score from multiple levels. It really can't be overstated. Our margin for error is so close at the end of games when it's tougher to score and we just don't have that guy, so the guys we do have attempt things they are not capable of. It always ends badly. How many airballs or close to airballs did we have today? Some shots just aren't even close.

Reaction Score
If we win the remaining games at home and steal one on the road, we go into the AAC tourney at 17-14 and a guaranteed winning record. At this point I’ll take that.

That sounds good to me

Reaction Score
We have an Alpha already in Bouk. He just needs a couple of Betas to keep us afloat until he can play his role and take us home. It's still a team game and one guy can't do it alone. He'll keep getting better, and so will the other guys. We'll be fine.

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, this team was just one player away this season...simple as that. If we had Achiuwa and Memphis did not, this is a 10 point win at least. Its tough because we are going on year 4 missing the big dance so the frustration is at an all time high.
Should have just ponied up the cash

Reaction Score
Still haven’t seen enough from bouk creating his own shot off the dribble...we have no one who can do that.

He seems to have trouble dribbling through traffic

Reaction Score
UConn won't be good again unless Bouk & Akok are better.....they are good now but they need to be much better next year. Same can be said of Gaf & Sid. Need better players and need them to be good.

AG, CV, JC are what they are, the past....I appreciate them for sticking with us and the heart & effort.

Reaction Score
UConn won't be good again unless Bouk & Akok are better.....they are good now but they need to be much better next year. Same can be said of Gaf & Sid. Need better players and need them to be good.

AG, CV, JC are what they are, the past....I appreciate them for sticking with us and the heart & effort.
Recruiting and player development is whats going to take us to the next level. Those things did not occur under KO, but things are looking better in that department already with Hurley. I agree that Bouk and Akok need to make that “jump” next year in order for this to be at least an NIT team.

Reaction Score
When we have someone who can consistently get their own shot, be the release valve, and can run the team. Next year and going forward we will have that guy

Not sure we have him yet but you’re right. I think Bouk can and will eventually but I’d like to see someone else to give him space. Experienced grad-transfer maybe?

Reaction Score
I have said it sveral times that we should be looking for a good grad transfer to play PG. Thinking that Cole is going to step right in and change the team fortunes is probably a pipe dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom