We Will Learn A Lot Tonight | Page 8 | The Boneyard

We Will Learn A Lot Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least they are playing hard and didn't give up. Vance's stroke is legit. Impressed Jalen bounced back after that disastrous first half.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Down nine!!

Damn...now 11

EDIT....now 8

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I wished they pushed the ball at the start.

#gotgumption

Reaction Score
I learned I like the fight and we lost our ball handler pg and best player Larrier. We have to value the ball it killed us.

Reaction Score
We will continue to lose these games against power 5 schools that we used to destroy with Ollie as our head coach. The guy is just not a teacher. Recruiter? Sure. Mentor? Absolutely. But he is simply NOT a good coach. It was a leap of faith that Calhoun took, giving his job to him, but the leap has turned into a free fall down a ****g mountain.

How many times in the past 3 years have you heard "and UConn cuts it to 10." We just aren't the same team that we were. We aren't the same program that we were. And the sad part is...we're getting BETTER recruits that we did when Calhounwas here. UConn was the PLACE to go if you wanted to be coached and developed to perfection. But not any longer. This staff simply doesn't have it.

Bilas said it at some point in the 2nd half. "You used to associate UConn with toughness." That's all that needs to be said. We are a non power 5 school, who is a power 5 basketball program, who has a coach that just will not lead the program to getting better. And because we are in the AAC, it becomes that much more important to improve year after year. And it doesn't look like that is coming to fruition. We will lose recruits due to conference and because of finishing 6th or worse year after year in the regular season, and needing to win the tournament to make the dance.

As I write this, I say to myself, you don't lose games where you shoot 70% in a half. But with Ollie it's possible. Remember Gonzaga last season? How we came back, and Maryland? Our kids have fight, but the coaching to lead a team to go down 20 in a half is just mind blowing.

I will get murdered for this post, but for the people that continue to say "next year", when will these "down years" turn into maybe a slight realization that it's actually the program slowly fading into irrelevance?

Reaction Score
So what we learned is - hope that Jalen turns the ball over 8 times in the first 8 minutes, then we have a punchers chance of winning. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom