We were wrong about this group | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We were wrong about this group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand how people can stop rooting for a team in the middle of the 8th game of the season.

I don't think OP is doing that, as one of the only people on here who was bearish of this team before the season I just see OP discussing some of the very real flaws with this team. Part of being a real fan is being able to talk about what isn't going right with the team.

That being said, I seriously hope KO has the balls to bench Gibbs in favor of Adams. I think Calhoun would have buried Gibbs on the bench at this point, not sure if KO is just too much of a "buddy"-type coach to do it.

Reaction Score
A measured assessment after the game surely considers the entirety of it. We know this team starts slowly, and suddenly people are saying we're NIT bound.

What have you seen from this team so far that suggests otherwise? Hard to beat decent teams spotting them double digit leads in the first 10 minutes of every game.

Reaction Score
I am not giving up on them, either.

Remember those MSU/Izzo teams in the 2000s that would take their lumps playing tough competition in Nov/Dec and look like they were dead in the water, only to comeback to ride their way into a Final Four? I do.

Remember the 2011 Feb game @MSG vs SJU when UConn was pasted by 20+ and UConn fans were filing out of MSG with 5-10 minutes to go? Did that look like a team that could go on a historic winning streak in March?

How about the 2013/2014 New Year's Eve debacle @Houston when they made UConn look like they didn't even belong on the floor with lowely Houston in the 1st half? That didn't look like a team that could do any damage in March.

The point is that there is time to correct things, and I expect they will.

The point is that those teams all made adjustments, this team can't just run out the same group out there and not make any adjustments and magically expect better results. Gibbs needs to be the PG, that doesn't mean I think Gibbs is a terrible player, I just think he's mis-cast as a lead guard and that Adams is a better penetrator and passer than Gibbs.

Reaction Score
I am not giving up on them, either.

Remember those MSU/Izzo teams in the 2000s that would take their lumps playing tough competition in Nov/Dec and look like they were dead in the water, only to comeback to ride their way into a Final Four? I do.

Remember the 2011 Feb game @MSG vs SJU when UConn was pasted by 20+ and UConn fans were filing out of MSG with 5-10 minutes to go? Did that look like a team that could go on a historic winning streak in March?

How about the 2013/2014 New Year's Eve debacle @Houston when they made UConn look like they didn't even belong on the floor with lowely Houston in the 1st half? That didn't look like a team that could do any damage in March.

The point is that there is time to correct things, and I expect they will.

The point is that those teams all made adjustments, this team can't just run out the same group out there and not make any adjustments and magically expect better results. Gibbs needs to be the PG, that doesn't mean I think Gibbs is a terrible player, I just think he's mis-cast as a lead guard and that Adams is a better penetrator and passer than Gibbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom