We were 4-3 against ND this year...... | The Boneyard

We were 4-3 against ND this year......

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I watched one loss...that was enough for me...and I didn't dare watch the game we won til afterwards...oh me of little faith (and queezy stomach).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Watching us lose is tough (and fortunately rare), but losing to ND and the way the games played out made it so much tougher. For one of the games, I had something to do in the second half and found that to be time better spent than the self-torture of watching.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To the best of my memory we haven't lost to ND in two decades.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, we were 1-3, but I'd gladly take that one over the other three.

And unlike ND, UConn was able to finish the job after winning the fourth time around.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think if Skylar looks back with any regret, that 2011 season would be it. I think they were so excited to beat Uconn that they didn't execute against A&M like they were fully capable of. Against Baylor? Well, they were a juggernaut. Against Uconn this year? Well, Uconn was like a hibernating near all season and if it ever fully woke up, it was going to be a problem. But that NC against A&M was winnable.

Reaction Score
I think if Skylar looks back with any regret, that 2011 season would be it. I think they were so excited to beat Uconn that they didn't execute against A&M like they were fully capable of. Against Baylor? Well, they were a juggernaut. Against Uconn this year? Well, Uconn was like a hibernating near all season and if it ever fully woke up, it was going to be a problem. But that NC against A&M was winnable.

You'd be correct IMO. Skylar has shown up in championship games. Novosel had iffy showings in both of her championship game appearances. The 2011 title slipped through their fingers and I think a UConn hangover had a lot to do with both championship games. I remember Peters at the beginning of the 2010-2011 season being asked on media day what their goals were and the first was "beat UConn" and an afterthought was "and win a national championship". I think to ND they were going to be one in the same. Hoping ND turned a corner as a program and will get back to F4's and have other opportunities.

Reaction Score
Actually in the only game that counts its 1-0, the new England patriots were 16-0 in regular season, but 2-1 in postseason losing the only important game the Super Bowl in 2007. Bet everyone would have traded half the previous wins, for winning the last one.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually in the only game that counts its 1-0, the new England patriots were 16-0 in regular season, but 2-1 in postseason losing the only important game the Super Bowl in 2007. Bet everyone would have traded half the previous wins, for winning the last one.
Losing half the previous wins likely means you win the last game of the regular and do not make the playoffs. I don't think anyone is happy with that.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sitting in the middle of Livingston Harbor, waiting to check back in to Guatemala and musing.

Am I the only one that finds the season past, not quite right, even with the Championship happily in hand?
Didn't the process seem extremely disorderly as compared to other seasons?
Perhaps, it was not necessary to put us through so much angst.
That even now, some of the personnel issues are really not completely worked out.
Just thinking…always sorry to rain on parades.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
if we never play them again it will be to soon.
You and Milford might agree on that account - I know he dislikes ND with a passion that almost matches my dislike of Tennessee. However, there's not a team on paper I'm "afraid" of over the next 2 years and that includes ND... I think the players (especially Bria, Stef and KML), exorcised some demons that have been hanging around vs. ND over the past 2 seasons.

I think there will be so few really competitive games vs. UCONN the next 2 seasons that I'd love to see them be able to play all the other top 5 teams.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Sitting in the middle of Livingston Harbor, waiting to check back in to Guatemala and musing.

Am I the only one that finds the season past, not quite right, even with the Championship happily in hand?
That even now, some of the personnel issues are really not completely worked out.

shaking_head.gif

Reaction Score

I'm afraid you may be too spoiled to save... ;)

Reaction Score
... I think the players (especially Bria, Stef and KML), exorcized some demons that have been hanging around vs. ND over the past 2 seasons ...

In the last game with Notre Dame, methinks a few demons were exercising around a whirling dervish named Stewart.

Reaction Score
In the last game with Notre Dame, methinks a few demons were exercising around a whirling dervish named Stewart.

So I'm not the only one who thought she was playing possessed...

Reaction Score
.....at least in my mind, because I watched the rerun of the semi-final three times and we won all three!
I myself decided to watch a rerun of our first loss to ND this year (had a couple of drinks first to soften the blow.) We looked terrible. I got depressed so I had another drink. Decided to watch the semi-final win. Yes! (had another drink to celebrate.) Hubby came home and tried to take over the TV. Chased him out the room as he yelled "you've been drinking!" (ya think?) Anyway, decided to look at the earlier ND games again (along with a couple more drinks.) That's when things got blurry. Maybe it was the alcohol. Couldn't figure out what game I was watching anymore. Started rewinding and fast-forwarding like a maniac. When it was all said and done, I believe we were 26 and 15 against ND this year (with two ties). Laugh if you want. I know what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom