We Should Be #1 on Monday | The Boneyard

We Should Be #1 on Monday

Reaction Score
For the gazillionth time I can’t see why people are so obsessed by this but whatever. It’s Jan 15th……we aren’t into t-shirts around here last I checked.

Get healthy fast Donovan……painfully obvious these last couple games how much we need you.

Reaction Score
For the gazillionth time I can’t see why people are so obsessed by this but whatever. It’s Jan 15th……we aren’t into t-shirts around here last I checked.

Get healthy fast Donovan……painfully obvious these last couple games how much we need you.
I can’t see why you don’t take it as a sign of pride. Of all the teams in the nation, we are at the top of the heap. Week 1 or entering March. It’s an achievement hundreds of schools will kill to reach….and you’re a wet rag.

Reaction Score
We actually dropped four spots in KenPom after this win due to G'town's poor ranking, so I'm not expecting much of a move. Despite losing twice, Houston is still #1 by a mile. It's like their losses are somehow more impressive than our wins.

This isn't something UConn can really control. I think once we lost to Kansas, we were basically shut out from ever being #1 this year. We needed to have that specific win on our resume to overcome all the extreme bottom feeders on our schedule (nonconference cupcakes plus DePaul). I think enough voters look at those types of rankings to keep us from being bumped up, unless we literally go undefeated for a month and those other teams lose three games each.

Reaction Score

Obsessed seems dramatic but being #1 at any point is an accomplishment for program and exciting for fans (guess not all).

Reaction Score

It has absolutely nothing to do with obsession...its just a cool thing to say. With your mentality, the regular season doesn't matter and we should just go straight to the tournament.

Stop trying to kill people's joy.
#Humbug

Reaction Score

Need a roll eyes emoji for posts like this. Maybe an ear of corn.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’m thinking #2….but would love to be #1 when I’m in the house for Nova next week cheering on the boys in Philly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Lol, commenting that we should be number one is different from printing up T-shirts, right? I'm a big believer that you don't get ahead of yourselves worrying about accolades until they're earned, but in this case, the teams earned it.

Reaction Score
I hope we are number 1 but I just really have a feelings they will punish us for not being able to put teams away I’m guessing 2 or 3

Reaction Score
Happy to take a #1 if that is what the polls decide. This team has a lot more upside, especially when we become fully healthy. Looking forward to being #1 at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
We actually dropped four spots in KenPom after this win due to G'town's poor ranking, so I'm not expecting much of a move. Despite losing twice, Houston is still #1 by a mile. It's like their losses are somehow more impressive than our wins.

This isn't something UConn can really control. I think once we lost to Kansas, we were basically shut out from ever being #1 this year. We needed to have that specific win on our resume to overcome all the extreme bottom feeders on our schedule (nonconference cupcakes plus DePaul). I think enough voters look at those types of rankings to keep us from being bumped up, unless we literally go undefeated for a month and those other teams lose three games each.
We dropped 3 spots from 5 to 8 because we didn't win by enough. The amount needed is based on Gtown's poor ranking, but just clarifying that it was not some unavoidable SoS thing. You can move up playing anybody if you win by enough.

Reaction Score
Some people are speculating Purdue #1, Huskies #2, Imagine how Trash Purdue would be without Eddy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom