We played well enough to win | The Boneyard

We played well enough to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
but not nearly as good as we will be come tourney time. I like how at times we looked like an unfinished version of our tourney team from last year. I was afraid, in the early part of the game, that Texas was going give us a Louisville-like whippin', but it didn't happen. This team is improving in front of our eyes, and they are buying into Ollieism. Tex as is a really talented team, especially inside, but we played with some toughness. I won't call it a good loss, but I'd call it a useful one as barometer game.

Reaction Score
In terms of the quality of basketball, we showed we have the ability to compete with top-15 teams.

In terms of the practicalities of the schedule and our NCAAT resume, this is a devastating loss which we will not have too many chances to rectify.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd say we played just poorly enough to lose. Can't ring up 54 points and expect to win many games. Shoot was god awful for the second straight game. Missed a lot of open shots, again.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
In terms of the quality of basketball, we showed we have the ability to compete with top-15 teams. In terms of the practicalities of the schedule and our NCAAT resume, this is a devastating loss which we will not have too many chances to rectify.

What word do you use when something actually is devastating? Seems like you have nowhere to go.

Reaction Score
but not nearly as good as we will be come tourney time. I like how at times we looked like an unfinished version of our tourney team from last year. I was afraid, in the early part of the game, that Texas was going give us a Louisville-like whippin', but it didn't happen. This team is improving in front of our eyes, and they are buying into Ollieism. Tex as is a really talented team, especially inside, but we played with some toughness. I won't call it a good loss, but I'd call it a useful one as barometer game.

What the he ll is wrong with you? This is the boneyard and the sky is falling...

We play this game on a neutral court in March, we win.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOOOOOOOOOONG way to go in this season. We lost by 1 point in a controversial ending after not scoring in the final 5 minutes of a good defensive game. Good effort, good defense and good rebounding against a team with solid bigs. We got some good looks today...just missed them. As the season progresses, we're going to start hitting these good looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom