we needed this loss | The Boneyard

we needed this loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
seriously

kids not playing hard all the time, getting lazy and settling after they get off to fast starts, not running their offense, committing silly turnovers, giving up bunnies and actually looking scared at the end of that game

JC is going to get their attention, I expect to see more consistency in effort and I doubt they'll allow themselves to choke so badly down the stretch again

rip them a new one Jimmy, it's your time

Reaction Score
i Beleive this loss could cause one of three things:
1. A downward spiral were the team falls apart(dont thinks this is very likely but i guess it could happen)
2. This loss opens the players eyes that they have to go all out all 40 minutes(obviously i hope this is true)
3. It was just one game and it doesnt have much effect on the rest of the season(probably most likely)

Reaction Score
This loss was basically on our point guards, aka, Bazz. Lots of unnecessary turnovers. Lots of very low basketball IQ plays. Too many settled shots.

For the most part, AO played a good game. Still a few moments where he played soft on the baseline, but I can't complain too much about his play. Lamb wasn't as resilient as he should be and Bazz had way too many TOs. It is difficult considering that TO and AO had very good games today. Even AD. We need Boatright to help spread out the minute of PG and we really miss Kemba!

Reaction Score
Don't think we needed this loss, could have given up the lead, came back to win, and JC would still rip em a new one.

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP, that this loss was needed. JC's demeanor on the bench seemed to support the theory too. He'll use it as a catalyst to improve. The team simply wasn't progressing. I blame a schedule that has been sleep inducing for fans and players. When it was set up, the team was expected to be different than what it actually is.

I was surrised at how unemotional I was after this loss. It almost seemed like a relief.

Reaction Score
Many on this team certainly know what it takes to win a NC and BET. Not certain this loss will remind them but I am shocked that they forgot what type of effort it takes yesterday. Also this is what's meant by the proverbial 'target on your back'. Teams come at UConn 100% and its going to get worse now that they know we are beatable. Hopefully the staff will remind the team of the importance of consistent effort.

Reaction Score
The team can learn a lot from "a" loss. I don't think they needed "this" loss. After the run of success these kids have had, it's not surprising that they would start to coast a bit. However, I'd be a lot less nervous about their championship prospects if it was FSU, rather than UCF, who gave them their first reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom