We need to renew series against Notre Dame | The Boneyard

We need to renew series against Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It has turned into the best rivalry in women's basketball. And for whatever reason, they've had our number.
It would be a shame for all fans if this series wasn't renewed. And the truth is, with the demise of the Big East, we will need them much more than they will need us.

Reaction Score
No, we need an all-ND game season - 30 games, minimum, played home and home, in Tahiti, Punxsutawney, Hawaii, Ulaan Bataar, and on the next Space Shuttle until everyone is so sick of it that the viewership drops to 17 people, worldwide.

Starting next season, of course, now that Skylar Diggins can longer redshirt her senior year!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've heard from reliable sources that progress is occurring.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Whether we NEED to renew the series depends on the makeup of the Big East and/or UConn moving to a new conference. The ND/UConn game has replaced the Tenn/UConn game for the general sports fan. However, if Tenn does renew the series with UConn then that game would replace the ND/UConn game that the general sports fan might watch.

IMHO ND has not done anything to help stabilize the Big East or provided support to UConn to get into the ACC or any other conference. UConn does not owe ND anything and for that reason alone I hope the series is not continued unless it is in the best interest of UConn. Right now, I see ND getting more advantage to the game, then UConn does when it comes to publicizing their Women's Basketball Program.

Reaction Score
Whether we NEED to renew the series depends on the makeup of the Big East and/or UConn moving to a new conference. The ND/UConn game has replaced the Tenn/UConn game for the general sports fan. However, if Tenn does renew the series with UConn then that game would replace the ND/UConn game that the general sports fan might watch.

IMHO ND has not done anything to help stabilize the Big East or provided support to UConn to get into the ACC or any other conference. UConn does not owe ND anything and for that reason alone I hope the series is not continued unless it is in the best interest of UConn. Right now, I see ND getting more advantage to the game, then UConn does when it comes to publicizing their Women's Basketball Program.

I agree 100% on this. What does it buy UConn to play this game? ND has been nothing but a thorn in the side of the Big East for the day they joined. They got way more out of it than they put in due to that bogus no-football thing. Make no mistake, it is part of the reason why the Big East is collapsing. As far as these specific two teams are concerned, it also seems to benefit ND more than UConn. I am one of those people that believes ND is the beneficiary of bias and the wins they get as a result helps their exposure and recruiting. I say we should go back to playing UT and drop ND. Let someone else get shafted by the refs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would much rather play ND 4 times a year, than ever play TN again. (not that I want to do either one).

I think depending on how all this realignment plays out, it may be in UCONN's best interest to continue to play ND. Once a year is enough though, although I wouldn't mind playing them in the NC. I don't think we've ever lost to them when a title was on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom