We need new words. . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We need new words. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These used to be called "snigglets."

My 2 faves:
- "Buckstasy" -- The elation from finding forgotten money in a coat/pants pocket.
- "Schwee" -- Sound the door makes on Star Trek
"Buckstasy" is already the feeling we all have when Heather is playing well.

Reaction Score
Play to level of competition - a fakewalk or duckpoop
Missed layup - a nayup or lameup

Reaction Score
1373312611_9d2ae2716a_o.jpg
Bunny flop!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The folks in and around Pittsburgh, PA have doing this for scores of decades.
Joe: Jaetjet? ........ Did you eat, yet?
Fred: Nodju? ........No, did you?
I am an old Yinzer myself and am thus totally accustomed to "redding up" interior portions of my domecile and I know that when it rains heavily or snows lightly that the sidewalks will become "slippy." And those excessively curious people are "nebby."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Play to level of competition - a fakewalk or duckpoop
Missed layup - a nayup or lameup
Nay-up was exactly what I was thinking as I read through the thread Sonny.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
An amazingly bad job is "craptastic"

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Bunnino = a missed bunny

For playing down: Undereffort

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hackadaisical: lazy defense leading to an attempt to make up for bad position by slashing a shooter and sending them to the ground and the line.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Great Thread Kibs...
This was an enormous amount of fun and demonstrated that our Boneyarders are collectively and individually highly creative. Let me sign off (this thread only and only for me) by providing a couple word fugitives from the book that we can all identify with:
  • First, a word to describe mistakenly written homonyms (your for you're, and so on): Try nononym, errerr, sinonym or illiteration.
  • Then there are those who leave long, meandering messages on answering devices, then rattle off their phone numbers at lightning speed at the end (making it necessary to hear the entire recorded monologue again to get to those important digits with pen in hand to copy them): Consider prestodigitators, prolixity-split, or number-mumblers (or shorter version, numblers).
I'll leave it at that by saying Thanks to participants and Go, Huskies!

Back to you, Geno.

Reaction Score
I am an old Yinzer myself and am thus totally accustomed to "redding up" interior portions of my domecile and I know that when it rains heavily or snows lightly that the sidewalks will become "slippy." And those excessively curious people are "nebby."
I'm from Windber, Pa, a coal town, hard against Johnstown, a steel town. When I went to college, the greater New York metro guys had field day with me. They all wanted to learn a new language. Reminded me of Eliza Doolittle at the races with her new language.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
  • Then there are those who leave long, meandering messages on answering devices, then rattle off their phone numbers at lightning speed at the end (making it necessary to hear the entire recorded monologue again to get to those important digits with pen in hand to copy them): Consider prestodigitators, prolixity-split, or number-mumblers (or shorter version, numblers).
This just happened to me yesterday!!! I got a call from someone I have been trying to reach for months, (incidentally, to make arrangements to see West Virgina) and he left a long message, then ripped through his cell phone number in about a second (he was calling from an airport pay phone, so I couldn't simply look at caller ID). I had to replay the message several times before I could get all the digits.

Luckily I did, and we connected, which reminds me, I have to leave in about an hour to meet him.

Reaction Score
Play down to teams with level of a distinctly lower level of ability:

Godoh! - (go doh) A tragicomedy in two acts.

Failure of good players to make what appear to be easy layups:

Les Miserables

Genono - Doing anything Auriemma doesn't like.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm from Windber, Pa, a coal town, hard against Johnstown, a steel town. When I went to college, the greater New York metro guys had field day with me. They all wanted to learn a new language. Reminded me of Eliza Doolittle at the races with her new language.
My wife and I almost served a Lutheran Church in Windber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom