We need another recruit for '13 | The Boneyard

We need another recruit for '13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's becoming abundantly clear that we need another guy who can handle/score the ball. Shabazz has become injury prone and with an injury here or there we can become extremely thin in the ballhandling/scoring department. We need to sign Mcintosh or another legit guy.

Reaction Score
Let the coaching carousel play out guys will become available.

D

DanDar

I don't think anyone good is still available. If Napier comes UConn will be fine.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

Reaction Score
We'll be fine if Samuel can play and Napier comes back. We will have a stronger backcourt next year.

Reaction Score
Always need more depth, we want to make a run at something special next year and you can never have enough depth.

Reaction Score
I like Macintosh too. OC went 1-14 from the field....ouch. He shoots so unorthodox. When he is on, he is way on. But when he is off, he is wayy off. Mac can play 2, 3 and 4 spot and can give OC and DD some good rest.

Reaction Score
We'll be fine if Samuel can play and Napier comes back. We will have a stronger backcourt next year.
Even if Bazz doesn't comeback Samuel better be able to play at PG right away. The offense is not the same with Boat as the pure PG. Much better if Boat plays the 2.

Reaction Score
I asked one of the UConnball guys about McIntosh on twitter and they said UConn isn't recruiting him so who knows at this point. I think the staff is definitely going to use the last ship, there's always a recruit that seems to come out of nowhere and with coaches moving on or getting fired something will open up.

Reaction Score
It's becoming abundantly clear that we need another guy who can handle/score the ball. Shabazz has become injury prone and with an injury here or there we can become extremely thin in the ballhandling/scoring department. We need to sign Mcintosh or another legit guy.

Injury prone? He didn't miss a game his entire career until Saturday. But I agree, always need the guard depth. And it would be nice for him and Samuels to learn under Shabazz for one year. The same way Shabazz did from Kemba.

Reaction Score
Our coaching staff isn't recruiting mcintosh?!!! Mind boggling. I would rather have him over anybody else. Wildly underrated above the rim hybrid forward. People on boat but having Allen/Evans/tolksdorf in the game completely ruins our defense. We just need good players to compliment deandre.

Reaction Score
I think Boat and Shabazz play too many minutes and this enhances the chance for injuries. Hopefully Samuel can spell some of their minutes but I would love another guy that can play the 2. Like Kendall Harris of the Croaker kid who decommitted from Marshall.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller compared Samuel to James Robinson of Pitt, if he was that good right off the bat I would do backflips but I just don't see him being that good right away. A combo guard or SG/SF who can contribute right away would do wonders for our depth.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe we wouldn't be recruiting Mcintosh, he seems like he would be a perfect fit for us, kid is a beast.

Reaction Score
Why in the hell would we try to sign a 2 guard? omar can play 2. and all efforts should be on that mcintosh. Samuels has a d1 body and above average. Athleticism. we have good enough coaching to make him effective. Oh and he's an insane workhorse who would took a bullet for Ollie.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Agree. Would be surprised if we dont add more.
We had better not just grab anybody that's available just for the sake of it. That gets you marginal D1 talent at best (read Olander) and most likely a pine warming practice player. If we can't get a top 100 recruit or a proven JUCO player in a position of need, we should save the scholarship for 2014. Desperation gets you nowhere.

Reaction Score
I don't like Omar at the 2. Puts too much pressure on the one to do all the ball handling. Omar has to work on his handle this summer.

Reaction Score
I like Macintosh too. OC went 1-14 from the field....ouch. He shoots so unorthodox. When he is on, he is way on. But when he is off, he is wayy off. Mac can play 2, 3 and 4 spot and can give OC and DD some good rest.

This is the mid-major kid from Canada everyone's talking about? The undersized power forward? Can play the 2 in the Big East? You're high, guy, where does this **** come from?

Also, I would imagine Omar being off last night had something to do with the massive brace and re-injured wrist.

Reaction Score
I like Macintosh not to play 2. Omar's ball handeling ability should make the necessary leap.

Oh i didn't know Ucla,miami, and oregon had mid major recruits as targets. He isn't a back to the basketball player, and is also an exceptional athlete. I would be weary of judging a prospect on what the espn scouting report says. For obvious reasons

Reaction Score
You'd be "wary." Weary is what you are after sifting through HFD's garbage.

I haven't seen an ESPN scouting report. I've just seen him play. And I've seen this board's tendency to talk themselves into thinking a mid-major type talent is the missing ingredient. Many times. But you "would rather have him over anybody else" which, frankly, is insane.

Reaction Score
Hard not to be impressed by those videos. It's confusing though. Why isn't he rated? I wonder if the grades are there. I think I saw he bounced around from school to school.

Reaction Score
I don't like Omar at the 2. Puts too much pressure on the one to do all the ball handling. Omar has to work on his handle this summer.

You got it. He really needs to improve his handle big time. I thought he'd be a little more athletic, but he does have very good determination. As you said, ball handling, plus working on his outside shot are keys to his improvement. I don't see him as a highlight dunker. Has he even dunked this year? He'll succeed as a good shooter & slasher.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Just not another retread transfer like Evans. That dude cannot pass and has made so many bad decisions

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just not another retread transfer like Evans. That dude cannot pass and has made so many bad decisions
And without him we wouldn't have anyone to bring the ball up court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom